[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Umezawa said:
Hi guys, I've got two quick questions. Amin Jan Khan defeated me and took my Ruby Rune Bow. After I escaped I went back to my Castle, got new troops went back and hunted him down. Unfortunately none of the loot I got from him was stuff he'd looted from me and there was definitely no Ruby Rune Bow. I was trying to make sure he was never defeated before I'd hunted him down and i was pretty sure he wasn't but I might've overlooked it. I thought you were pretty much guaranteed to get your equipment back if you managed to hunt down the guy who'd taken it from you? Our faction made peace with his shortly before I managed to get him, could that have anything to do with it? Is there a possibility that I might get the Bow back if I fight him again or is that just useless?
That's strange, you should be able to take back your stolen items from parties that defeated you until they don't get themselves defeated as well. Maybe it only works against normal parties, without any NPC leader. Or it's a bug. I'm not sure which atm :???:

And maybe this works only against parties whom you are enemies with at the time you engaged. Although since engaging in person needs negative relations already (regardless if you two were at peace previously), I don't think this matters now. Probably only when you join allies to fight those thieves, idk...

For full disclosure, I myself never get captured, because I can either measure up the odds quite well, or I retreat in time before things would go really wrong.

Umezawa said:
Also ever since the fight I lost, Adonja has disappeared. How long will it take her to respawn somewhere? IIRC you had to get a certain amount of Renown before companions would respawn right?
Lost companions due to a defeat/capture will respawn in a random tavern at a random date between 'inmediately' and a week approx. So keep on looking for Adonja, and ask traveller NPC-s as well about her whereabouts. Or, it could also be that she was taken prisoner by Amin Jan Khan. To figure that out, ask ransom brokers about ransoming a companion. If they won't have anything to offer, then Adonja is not a prisoner. Otherwise you can pay a modest ransom and she will inmediately come back to your party. Your renown rating has nothing to do with this whole mechanic.

Umezawa said:
you should be able to find her in a couple of in game days inside a random tavern, don't know exactly how much time. I shouldn't be encouraging cheats but you could activate them and give yourself your items Back. Justice.

Yeah I think I'll do that. I usually don't cheat / reload but I hate losing items. How do I go about cheating to add the Ruby Rune Bow/ 2 Qualis back to my inventory?

Edit: Found out how on the wiki, got my Bow back and used the money cheat to get the money back as well. Leaves a sour taste in my mouth having to cheat like this but if Amin **** Khan had just given me back my bow like he was supposed to when I thrashed his hide I wouldn't have had to.
I was about to suggest the same. And you figured it out in the meantime, good. Don't feel bad for that, it was all for justice as @Mighty! said! :wink:

Wrather said:
quick question... I always sale the random lords I capture.. Should I keep them? Is it another thing you can to with them?
Keep on selling those lords as soon as you capture them. Otherwise they will quickly escape no matter what, and bye-bye ransom money! You can no longer hold prisoner lords for longer than a day or two since v3.9, as the escape chances and the individual attempts for the AI were buffed enormously.

Uh hi, been testing the new firearms out but when I tried to have it equipped to my CKO:

The bullets can be equipped to them but the Arqebuss is nowhere to be seen in the firearms selection. I have made sure I unlocked it by advancing to a Knighthood Order and acquiring my own gun, my CKO troops also have a high fire arm proficiency but it still doesn't appear!

Wrather said:
quick question... I always sale the random lords I capture.. Should I keep them? Is it another thing you can to with them?
You get honor and relations for releasing them. After the early game these are more important (or at least cooler) than money.

VonDegurechaff said:
ttl said:
Noldor warriors are level 36 now, but still cannot be hired from rescued prisoners for some reason?
They were banned from hiring in the game code. You can write to me in messages and I will help to remove it.
Thanks for the kind offer. Since I have seen quite a few noldor prisoners on a stack of farmers (!?!), and deduced it was for a reason you cannot hire from prisoners the noldor that commonly roam the map.

Vigdus Bloodsword is always interested, generally speaking only lords with villages accept, he is only castle-owner to love you, he give access to his garrison

kenji1104 said:
Uh hi, been testing the new firearms out but when I tried to have it equipped to my CKO:

The bullets can be equipped to them but the Arqebuss is nowhere to be seen in the firearms selection. I have made sure I unlocked it by advancing to a Knighthood Order and acquiring my own gun, my CKO troops also have a high fire arm proficiency but it still doesn't appear!
Are your CKO troops mounted by any chance? If so, then that's the problem, since the Arquebus cannot be used (or equipped in this case) on horseback. Remove any horses first, then the Arquebus should appear in the lists for upgradeable items.

ttl said:
Wrather said:
You get honor and relations for releasing them. After the early game these are more important (or at least cooler) than money.
To be frank, this is what you should/could be doing: release lords with 'Good-natured', 'Upstanding' and 'Martial' personalities (maybe 'Cunning' too if you so desire, as they become handleable after granting 3 fiefs to each -> no more relation losses), and capture all the rest. You don't want to have lords with bad personalities in your future kingdom, as they only cause problems by the non-stop grumbling and whining. As such, since you won't hire them, you won't mind being at -100 relations with them either. So there's only 1 thing left to do: capture and ransom those bastards! :twisted: And through those you've released, you'll farm honor, which will grant further bonuses to your relations with honorable lords (upstanding and good-natured) in the long run :fruity:

Pacific_Salmon said:
Best candidates for husbands for female playthrough?
Those with household units and good personalities (upstanding / good-natured / martial. Cunning is acceptable too): https://pop3.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_notable_lords#The_List
OR
Male companion vassals with interesting household troops: https://pop3.wikia.com/wiki/Companions#Companions_as_Lords. Unlike normal lords, they will always agree to marry you.

Good luck with the former ones though! Because apart from those who are already married (e.g. Agathon Legatus), the normally eligible lords will all have random preferences towards ladies in each game, so there's no guarantee that the one who you married in one playthrough will agree to be your husband the next time. Relations, renown, honor and such don't matter when it comes to lords' preference. They are stubborn in this regard, and their decision is final. So 'Chemistry' is randomly generated for each lord towards you upon the character creation. In order to make every game a bit different that is...

Actually I edited the Arqebuss so that it can be used while mounted. Unrealistic I know but its fun.  :shifty:

Anyway, my CKO sergeants aren’t mounted but the same issue is also hounding them, the Arqebuss doesn’t appear when you try to outfit them with it.

I want to base my kingdom come from Ethos, with the Radiant Cross. The Cross hasn't been founded at game start. I am planning to play as mercenary until I am strong enough to take Ethos myself, then seek protection as vassal. The question is, can/should I do so with the Empire, so that when I strike out as independent I would only have awful relations with the Empire - as opposed to both my former faction (say D'Sar) for defecting, and the empire for residing in their lands. Or would the Empire refuse to take me in after sniping off their city (and hopefully a nearby castle as well)?

ttl said:
I want to base my kingdom come from Ethos, with the Radiant Cross. The Cross hasn't been founded at game start. I am planning to play as mercenary until I am strong enough to take Ethos myself, then seek protection as vassal. The question is, can/should I do so with the Empire, so that when I strike out as independent I would only have awful relations with the Empire - as opposed to both my former faction (say D'Sar) for defecting, and the empire for residing in their lands. Or would the Empire refuse to take me in after sniping off their city (and hopefully a nearby castle as well)?
You could try and ask for protection from both if one fails. I don't know if you understand.

Mighty! said:
ttl said:
You could try and ask for protection from both if one fails. I don't know if you understand.
You mean one can ask a second faction while the first one is pending, so you don't need to wait for so long for the second answer?

ttl said:
Mighty! said:
ttl said:
You mean one can ask a second faction while the first one is pending, so you don't need to wait for so long for the second answer?
if my memory doesn't fail me, yes. Maybe, I dunno, can't remember, uhh... Probably.

kenji1104 said:
Actually I edited the Arqebuss so that it can be used while mounted. Unrealistic I know but its fun.  :shifty:

Anyway, my CKO sergeants aren’t mounted but the same issue is also hounding them, the Arqebuss doesn’t appear when you try to outfit them with it.
I have no more ideas about what could be the problem, the Arquebus should be there after unlocking it. With the exception that maybe you edited something that you shouldn't have...

Pacific_Salmon said:
Thanks for the reply Gorvex.

Is there a list of unmarried lords with unique household troops somewhere?
No, there isn't such (as you already guessed by now). But you can easily check which lords are married and which are not from that list by browsing the character notes.

ttl said:
In that case, when you'll be strong enough, wait until your mercenary contract expires and simply don't lengthen it. Then you'll be free of D'Shar without any penalties. Then you can attack (I don't recommend to do this though for your own safety, see below why) a random lord/caravan/militia patrol of the Empire if you are not at negative relations with them already. So that you can besiege stuff. Grab Ethos, and become independant as a result. Since you just made your own kingdom, you'll officially be at war with the Empire with at least -40 relations with them. Repairing relations is quite costly (~1200 denars per relation iirc), and it will surely not happen when you are officially at war with a faction. You need to make peace, which won't happen either until the Empire gets pounded very hard (at which point it's better to just finish them off), or if another faction declares war against them and the war has gone long enough already. You won't able to ask for vassalage from a faction that you have negative relations with. So the Empire is out of the question for joining them just like that. Other factions may accept you as a vassal though (e.g. the D'Shar)

However, you could swear vassalage to the D'Shar right away before doing anything, to avoid all that fuss, and the risk that you won't be able to make peace or join other factions for their protection, without losing Ethos itself. I recommend you to do so, try to grab Ethos as a vassal of the D'Shar (they often declare war against the Empire), and ask the fief to be given to yourself. If you don't get it, no problem, take another town, get it for yourself and trade ownership with the lord who got Ethos. Or let the Empire retake Ethos and take it again to have another chance at getting it.

Then continue being a vassal, build up your army, and make preparations for your own kingdom (300.000+ cash, farm RtR, honor, renown and relations with lords and fiefs, etc.). Take new fiefs and ask them to be yours all the time, with a bit of support from your fellow vassals and the king himself. At some point, even though you were the most supported (and even though your king promised to give that given fief to you), the king will decide that you have enough fiefs already, at which point you can rebel while taking all your walled fiefs and the belonging villages with you. That's by far the best and safest method of starting your own kingdom!

voronius said:
Is a post with link to my own let's play for this mod allowed ?
I wanna post a link to a max diff. let's play.
Can i post in the general section ?
Feel free to make your own thread this time! :wink:

Question: How many militia patrols can you send out from the same village of yours?

I thought that it's only 1 per village, but someone reported that he could get more. Maybe because the previous got defeated, I'm not sure. Anyways, I don't have access to my PC atm to test this, hence I'm asking it instead.

Thanks in advance! :party:

With the change that you must pay half of the wages of troops in husband's garrison;, does this mean that if my husband gets a few fiefs with garrisons then I have to pay half the wages for all his garrisoned troops?  It so then husband should get at most 1 castle as otherwise the wages will bankrupt you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom