[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see, thanks. Now what am I going to do with those recruits...I prefer minimizing the number of different troops in army. Can I pack them up into a patrol like in Persino? :grin:

Hm, the odds of spawning decrease progressively, or remain constant until it hits the cap? Should I go culling a few armies to increase chance of getting Qualis spawn?

Sarin said:
I see, thanks. Now what am I going to do with those recruits...I prefer minimizing the number of different troops in army. Can I pack them up into a patrol like in Persino? :grin:
If you have a village and you've built the "Sheriff" improvement within it, then you can send out militia patrols, and you can give troops to them as well (up until 100 units in total iirc). Or, you can give troops to your vassals too once you are king/queen.

Sarin said:
Hm, the odds of spawning decrease progressively, or remain constant until it hits the cap? Should I go culling a few armies to increase chance of getting Qualis spawn?
I don't know that, maybe @Konrad can see this and give an answer. I'm curious too how spawn chances happen exactly.

Here I go again because I can't winning tournaments despite seeing many LPs on Youtube and I not know to using lance correctly

For horseback sticking, is the AI better with a heavy lance or a spear? I.e. should I arm my companions with black iron spears or long knight lances? Or does a light lance offer the best of both worlds (or is it too short)?

Also, is it just bad luck and not enough looking, or are blunt lances no longer a thing at shops? The sheriff seems to carry one, but haven't seen one for love or money elsewhere.

ttl said:
For horseback sticking, is the AI better with a heavy lance or a spear? I.e. should I arm my companions with black iron spears or long knight lances? Or does a light lance offer the best of both worlds (or is it too short)?
The AI performs better with couchable lances rather than spears in general. And among lances, they do better with longer ones (200+ reach). For the best results, aim for an optimum between damage, speed and length. The Jatu Honor Lance is an excellent choice for example.

ttl said:
Also, is it just bad luck and not enough looking, or are blunt lances no longer a thing at shops? The sheriff seems to carry one, but haven't seen one for love or money elsewhere.
Since v3.8, the Blunt Tip Lance's abundance had been decreased from 100 to 10, and the Practice Lance is no longer available as a merchandise. So you can still get Blunt Tip Lances from shops, but quite rarely.

Huh. Do regular prisoners escape from town garrissons, or is it special for Noldor? I had a few Noldor prisoners in my town that were dropped there by someone, was saving them for later, and I could swear that some of them disappeared.

Sarin said:
Huh. Do regular prisoners escape from town garrissons, or is it special for Noldor? I had a few Noldor prisoners in my town that were dropped there by someone, was saving them for later, and I could swear that some of them disappeared.
All sorts of prisoners can escape from prison over time. It's a Warband mechanic, so it happens in all mods from time to time.

Should "Dark Leather Boots" and Black Leather Boots have their models swapped?
Because dark boots are black and black boots are darkish brown/grey.

Arnulf Floyd said:
How to do as lords such as Inar to accept my marriage proposition
You can't just make any unmarried lord to accept your marriage proposal. They have their own, randomly set up preference for each game. Just as the personality of some lords vary as well. Therefore, if a lord is clearly not interested in you, then he won't change his mind, no matter what (persuasion doesn't help, and higher relations after a certain point don't help either). In that case, you have to move on to a lord who is more open/acceptive towards you.

P.S.: But as far as I know, male companions made to be vassals will always accept your proposal.

Mighty! said:
Jarmo said:
Should "Dark Leather Boots" and Black Leather Boots have their models swapped?
Because dark boots are black and black boots are darkish brown/grey.
you really pay attention to detail huh?

Begins with an A and ends with NAL, yeah I'm a bit like that with stuff like this. :smile:

Noldor warriors are level 36 now, but still cannot be hired from rescued prisoners for some reason?

Hi guys, I've got two quick questions. Amin Jan Khan defeated me and took my Ruby Rune Bow. After I escaped I went back to my Castle, got new troops went back and hunted him down. Unfortunately none of the loot I got from him was stuff he'd looted from me and there was definitely no Ruby Rune Bow. I was trying to make sure he was never defeated before I'd hunted him down and i was pretty sure he wasn't but I might've overlooked it. I thought you were pretty much guaranteed to get your equipment back if you managed to hunt down the guy who'd taken it from you? Our faction made peace with his shortly before I managed to get him, could that have anything to do with it? Is there a possibility that I might get the Bow back if I fight him again or is that just useless?

Also ever since the fight I lost, Adonja has disappeared. How long will it take her to respawn somewhere? IIRC you had to get a certain amount of Renown before companions would respawn right?

Umezawa said:
Hi guys, I've got two quick questions. Amin Jan Khan defeated me and took my Ruby Rune Bow. After I escaped I went back to my Castle, got new troops went back and hunted him down. Unfortunately none of the loot I got from him was stuff he'd looted from me and there was definitely no Ruby Rune Bow. I was trying to make sure he was never defeated before I'd hunted him down and i was pretty sure he wasn't but I might've overlooked it. I thought you were pretty much guaranteed to get your equipment back if you managed to hunt down the guy who'd taken it from you? Our faction made peace with his shortly before I managed to get him, could that have anything to do with it? Is there a possibility that I might get the Bow back if I fight him again or is that just useless?

Also ever since the fight I lost, Adonja has disappeared. How long will it take her to respawn somewhere? IIRC you had to get a certain amount of Renown before companions would respawn right?
you should be able to find her in a couple of in game days inside a random tavern, don't know exactly how much time. I shouldn't be encouraging cheats but you could activate them and give yourself your items Back. Justice.

you should be able to find her in a couple of in game days inside a random tavern, don't know exactly how much time. I shouldn't be encouraging cheats but you could activate them and give yourself your items Back. Justice.

Yeah I think I'll do that. I usually don't cheat / reload but I hate losing items. How do I go about cheating to add the Ruby Rune Bow/ 2 Qualis back to my inventory?

Edit: Found out how on the wiki, got my Bow back and used the money cheat to get the money back as well. Leaves a sour taste in my mouth having to cheat like this but if Amin ******* Khan had just given me back my bow like he was supposed to when I thrashed his hide I wouldn't have had to.

quick question... I always sale the random lords I capture.. Should I keep them? Is it another thing you can to with them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom