[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
General_Zavier said:
Ah that did it! I didn't realize that the limit had been increased because the number only goes up to 150 in the options. Thank you, I was so confused!
I'm glad I could help :mrgreen:. Oh, one last thing I forgot to tell you: keep in mind that each time you'll play with another mod, your battle size will be reset. Sometimes it gets reset by itself too (don't know why)... So don't forget to check your battle size each time you play POP! The good thing is that you can set it in the middle of battles too, and the reinforcement waves will inmediately compensate the lack of troops :wink:

k0nr@d said:
Better not.
Autocalc values equal (roughly) unit level.

So if I change some troops' level will their autocalc values also change? And to which extent are these autocalc values using? Only when you order your troops attack without you or also when auto simulated ai battles take place?

Level doesn't influence autocalc at all, but attributes, skills, proficiencies and equipment. It is calculated during source compile and doesn't changed later on when you e.g. add new weapon to common solder.

Autocalc is used to simulate all battles (without actual battlefield), e.g. to determine if one army will attack the other one, or will run away.

A lot of is balanced around these core values (lords stats, reinforcements etc.) and meddling with autocalc numbers may basically destroy your experience/fun.

zecond said:
Why cant you take unconcious enemies prisoner pre combbat but only the ones after combat?
Example, you atack a party of 30 enemies 10 are already out of comision 20/30 and at the end of combat you dont get those 10, my question is why?
Is it a bug or is it intentional.

The answer to this is the Warband native code puts only the agents spawned in battle into the enemy forces pool, so the already incapacitated enemies aren't in the pool to pull from.  Thus, the limitation is inherited from the way native code for Warband was written.

Yep, in PNB I use this code added to encounter_init_variables script after party_clear operation.
Code:
      (party_get_num_companion_stacks, ":num_stacks", "p_collective_enemy"),
	  (try_begin),
		  (neg|is_between, "$g_encountered_party", centers_begin, centers_end),
		  (try_for_range, ":i_stack", 0, ":num_stacks"),
			(party_stack_get_troop_id, ":stack_troop_id", "p_collective_enemy", ":i_stack"),
			(try_begin),
				(troop_is_hero, ":stack_troop_id"),
				(store_troop_health, ":hero_hp",":stack_troop_id", 1),
				(lt, ":hero_hp", 15),
				(party_add_members, "p_total_enemy_casualties", ":stack_troop_id", 1),
			(else_try),
				(neg|troop_is_hero, ":stack_troop_id"),
				(party_stack_get_num_wounded, ":num_wounded","p_collective_enemy",":i_stack"),
				(party_add_members, "p_total_enemy_casualties", ":stack_troop_id", ":num_wounded"),
				(party_wound_members, "p_total_enemy_casualties", ":stack_troop_id", ":num_wounded"), 
			(try_end),
			(try_begin),
			  (troop_set_slot, ":stack_troop_id", slot_troop_enemy_routed_agents, 0),
			(try_end),
		  (try_end),
	  (try_end),
Ir prevents both regular wounded enemies and unconscious heroes from escaping/vanishing.

Evvv said:
That'd be a neat thing to see in PoP.

Indeed, specially for unique spawn leaders. Its a shame having to stay nearby a spawn just observing it and watching their leader's hp % go very very slowly up, until they reach 15% (luckily its a low number, but it takes a while till they get from 0% to 15%).

However, its clear that'll make PoP overall easier, as its common to see parties with troops wounded, specially as unique spawn leaders, monarchs and vassals have all 0 wound treatment and 0 first aid, so they take their time to heal up their troops and themselves. This will give free prisoners, making a 1/50 party (its an extreme example) extremely profitable, as upon defeating 1 troop, you'll for sure get 49 troops as prisoners to sell (or 50, if you knock that one).

But it will also affect the interaction between other parties non-player related right? Meaning that if a 140/200 party gets defeated by another party, they'll get 120 prisoners instead of the 60 they'll do get now?

I have mixed feelings about this change, specially when looking at the extreme example. You'll get potential troops to recruit from camp that you didnt fight? Not sure about it...

Ralyks said:
But it will also affect the interaction between other parties non-player related right? Meaning that if a 140/200 party gets defeated by another party, they'll get 120 prisoners instead of the 60 they'll do get now?
They already get 120.
This bug with vanishing wounded soldiers only affects the player.

1. How come smaller unique armies dont get a message? The heretic and snake army are always updated in my messages but none of the smaller spawn guys are... So i have neve fought brouhaha guy in 1600 days and same goes for a lot of others. I just never know when they are around....

2. Does buying noldor equipment from that one merchant also give your cko the option of equipping your guys with it? Or is it just for you?

3. I want to attack the snake castle. I have never done the quest. But i read you have to join a knight group thing (forgot their technical names). What happens if you leave this to start your own cko after?

4. I made my own cko last game and it was fun but sooo time xonsuming upgrading them. If i start a chapter of knights of the lion or something can i just upgrade them, woulndt it be faster?

Milkit said:
1. How come smaller unique armies dont get a message? The heretic and snake army are always updated in my messages but none of the smaller spawn guys are... So i have neve fought brouhaha guy in 1600 days and same goes for a lot of others. I just never know when they are around....

2. Does buying noldor equipment from that one merchant also give your cko the option of equipping your guys with it? Or is it just for you?

3. I want to attack the snake castle. I have never done the quest. But i read you have to join a knight group thing (forgot their technical names). What happens if you leave this to start your own cko after?

4. I made my own cko last game and it was fun but sooo time xonsuming upgrading them. If i start a chapter of knights of the lion or something can i just upgrade them, woulndt it be faster?

1. I believe the next version will let you pay tavernkeepers to learn the whereabouts of every unique spawns present in the world

2. Just for you

3. You don't need to leave your current knighthood order to start a CKO or any other KO

4. Yes, but they'll never be as strong as your CKO could potentially be. But you can create as many different KO chapters as you want in addition to your CKO.  In my games, I always found a regular KO in my first walled fief, since at that point in the game I usually need some heavy firepower right away. I'll form a CKO in the second or third fief

gsanders said:
zecond said:
Why cant you take unconcious enemies prisoner pre combbat but only the ones after combat?
Example, you atack a party of 30 enemies 10 are already out of comision 20/30 and at the end of combat you dont get those 10, my question is why?
Is it a bug or is it intentional.

The answer to this is the Warband native code puts only the agents spawned in battle into the enemy forces pool, so the already incapacitated enemies aren't in the pool to pull from.  Thus, the limitation is inherited from the way native code for Warband was written.

I've only ever seen gsanders post in the warsword conquest mod.  Made me think I was in the wrong thread :smile:

1. Are doom maces in tje 3.84 version? Ive never seem them at all...

W. If you beat the noldor lord is his armour secrets better tham the stuff you get at elcari castle? Is the merchants noldor stuff any good?

3. How many and what kond of noldor troops do you get if you buy them woth gems?

Milkit said:
1. Are doom maces in tje 3.84 version? Ive never seem them at all...

W. If you beat the noldor lord is his armour secrets better tham the stuff you get at elcari castle? Is the merchants noldor stuff any good?

3. How many and what kond of noldor troops do you get if you buy them woth gems?

1. They are. Used by Doomguides and Possessed Doomguides only.

"W" (I guess you meant 2 :grin:). Elacrai unlocks (changes in 3.9 (also, each lord will give different stuff)):
Female Noldor Armor
Noldor Archer Garb
Noldor Trimmer Ranger Garb
Noldor Noble Armor
Noldor Infantry Helm
Noldor Enchanted Boots
Noldor Composite Bow
Noldor Captain Helm
Noldor Goldleaf Warhorse
Noldor Dark Warhorse

Both Noldor lords give the same unlock (changes in 3.9):
Noldor Ancient Plate
Noldor Rune Armor
Noldor Noble Shield
Noldor Enchanted Shield
Noldor Goldleaf Warhorse
Noldor Spirit Horse

So, to answer your question, yes, the give better equipment. Elacrai unlock gives you the basic Noldor armors and horses, lords give you the Elite one.

3. "Woth" gems, you may get them several ways and in different numbers... And as there are several ways and I wont copy those as it'll make this too long, check it yourself: http://pop3.wikia.com/wiki/Noldor#Hiring_Noldor

Edit: In 3.9, there are a few ways of obtaining Noldors Qualis-Gem free, but ofc, small numbers of these.

JohnnyZhu said:
Anyone know when the 3.9 comes out?
MitchyMatt said:
We currently have no ETA on the release date. However, this does not mean we are far behind. In fact, we are currently winding down on our checklist and will soon enter our Beta Test phase, in which rigorous testing will hopefully squash most bugs we may have overlooked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom