[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a supposition : merc wages are probably calculated depending on your units levels/base wages and don't take into account mercenary and mounted flags into calculation; thus not covering the entirety of your expenses if you have a lot of cavalry/mercs in your army.

Skinwah said:
Lord Irontoe said:
Skinwah said:
Could someone explain merc payments in this mod? Some games I get consistently paid more than my costs and some I never get more than my wage cost. I tend not to use too many mercs so that isn't the problem. Here is my current game with pay and party https://imgur.com/a/8zfca . Surely I should be getting more payment than that? Leadership 4 for reference.

I have no idea how the payments are calculated, but they're covering 80% of your wages, which seems about right for PoP.

Shouldn't my leadership be covering the deficit? This situation just seems unusual to me. Like I said, I almost never have to pay wages out of my own funds as a merc. Have I just been lucky?

Well, Leadership reduces your total wages, but I don't know that it affects your merc payments. If it is the way Konrad describes in Ralyks' post above, and its calculated mainly by the troops offensive autocalc strength, then maybe you just had very strong troops when you were getting paid better. There've been times in my games like when I've been on a KO renown quest and was getting very high merc payments, and that's probably because my whole party was very strong for their cost. But on average, 80% is pretty normal. Its already much higher than native or most mods which barely cover half of your wages

Styxt said:
Just a supposition : merc wages are probably calculated depending on your units levels/base wages and don't take into account mercenary and mounted flags into calculation; thus not covering the entirety of your expenses if you have a lot of cavalry/mercs in your army.

After adding some infantry to my party I suspect this is the case as I am much closer to breaking even now at least. I usually have more infantry in my merc party getting trained to replace casualties but the party I posted an image of was almost entirely mounted and previous experience of having a party of just hero adventurers (mounted and merc) where you can't even get close to even.

Bout CKHO, if I create one while being a vassal, say I became a monarch after sometime, does the upgrade from noble and normal troops change to what culture my kingdom is?

And will they send armies like they usually do?

daniisme said:
Bout CKHO, if I create one while being a vassal, say I became a monarch after sometime, does the upgrade from noble and normal troops change to what culture my kingdom is?

And will they send armies like they usually do?
Yes and Yes. Your CKO changes culture with you (and your kingdom). For more info on the matter, I recommend reading this page on the Wikia of PoP, under the "Custom Knighthood Order" section: http://pop3.wikia.com/wiki/Knighthood_Orders

Why are castles never given more than one entrance? There is zero strategy in sieges because of this. Basically go with army of archers and leave the area when you run out of arrows is the only viable solution... Otherwise. You are forced to jist send everyone up the one opening and watch the slaughter.. I find this very tedious rather than fun.

Hi guys! Tell me please, noldor arrows and strange ebony saber no longer available for the custom Knight Order? (v 3.84)

jazzero said:
Hi guys! Tell me please, noldor arrows and strange ebony saber no longer available for the custom Knight Order? (v 3.84)

Nope. They will be able again in 3.9 (Noldor Arrows from Elacrai unlock and the Strange Ebony Saber from Rasmus)

Edit: just saw your reply Gorvex, you fast fellow

So, I'm having an issue with battle size in 3.8.4 in that there are way too many troops on the battlefield. I have my battle size limit set to 350, as this is a number that my computer can handle without any kind of lag or other issue. But when I'm playing the most current version of the mod, it seems to pay no attention to this battle size limit whatsoever.

I first noticed it while defending a siege and almost 1100 men appeared on the battlefield at once which of course promptly crashed my game. I tested it several times in the game I had already started and in several new ones too. I thought to myself "Okay, it's probably something I did," as I had made a couple changes in TweakMB and changed a couple item stats in Morgh's editor. So I downloaded a new version of the game, and reinstalled it completely fresh without making any changes. But when I tested it, the issue still happens. For example, if I have 200 troops in my party and besiege a town with a garrison of 650, all 200 of my troops will show up, and usually about 450 defenders will show up.

I've played almost every iteration of PoP since 2.0, and I've never had this issue before. Could it have something to do with that new thing in the options menu about reinforcement waves? I didn't really play around with it since it isn't that there are too many waves, just too many troops that spawn at the beginning of the battle.

Any help or suggestions is appreciated, I just want to play 3.8.4  :sad: but this issue essentially means that I can't fight any sieges/unique spawns/groups of faction parties.

Milkit said:
Does tweak mb work with prophesy of pendor 3.84? I want to turn off companions leaving.

People have reported several times its not properly working.

There's a cheat that will disable that, but its not properly working neither  :grin:

In 3.9 its fixed tho ^^

General_Zavier said:
So, I'm having an issue with battle size in 3.8.4 in that there are way too many troops on the battlefield. I have my battle size limit set to 350, as this is a number that my computer can handle without any kind of lag or other issue. But when I'm playing the most current version of the mod, it seems to pay no attention to this battle size limit whatsoever.

I first noticed it while defending a siege and almost 1100 men appeared on the battlefield at once which of course promptly crashed my game. I tested it several times in the game I had already started and in several new ones too. I thought to myself "Okay, it's probably something I did," as I had made a couple changes in TweakMB and changed a couple item stats in Morgh's editor. So I downloaded a new version of the game, and reinstalled it completely fresh without making any changes. But when I tested it, the issue still happens. For example, if I have 200 troops in my party and besiege a town with a garrison of 650, all 200 of my troops will show up, and usually about 450 defenders will show up.

I've played almost every iteration of PoP since 2.0, and I've never had this issue before. Could it have something to do with that new thing in the options menu about reinforcement waves? I didn't really play around with it since it isn't that there are too many waves, just too many troops that spawn at the beginning of the battle.

Any help or suggestions is appreciated, I just want to play 3.8.4  :sad: but this issue essentially means that I can't fight any sieges/unique spawns/groups of faction parties.
Are you using BattleSizer? I guess you are... Anyways, whenever you are playing PoP, adjust the battle size in the game. This will overwrite your presetting with BattleSizer, and the number you'll get in-game would be your actual battlesize. In the 3.8 release, the max limit that you can set with the slider was increased from the default 150 to 530 you see.

You also have to know that BattleSizer adjusts the slider according to the default max of 150. Now in PoP - due to the increased limit - if you set the BattleSizer without changing the battlesize in-game afterwards, you can end up with ridiculous results as described up above. Even 3000+ is possible this way with BattleSizer set to its max (1000) :razz: (I'd like to see a computer being able to handle that)

I hope this explains it and solves your problem :wink:

Gorvex said:
Are you using BattleSizer? I guess you are... Anyways, whenever you are playing PoP, adjust the battle size in the game. This will overwrite your presetting with BattleSizer, and the number you'll get in-game would be your actual battlesize. In the 3.8 release, the max limit that you can set with the slider was increased from the default 150 to 530 you see.

You also have to know that BattleSizer adjusts the slider according to the default max of 150. Now in PoP - due to the increased limit - if you set the BattleSizer without changing the battlesize in-game afterwards, you can end up with ridiculous results as described up above. Even 3000+ is possible this way with BattleSizer set to its max (1000) :razz: (I'd like to see a computer being able to handle that)

I hope this explains it and solves your problem :wink:

Ah that did it! I didn't realize that the limit had been increased because the number only goes up to 150 in the options. Thank you, I was so confused!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom