[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im redoing most wikia's minor factions pages, and i wanted to have at the top of everyone like a speech referred to their kingdom. Mettenheim had this one:

Conquistador Diego of Barclay said:
Never before has so much blood been shed over such a barren piece of rock as Mettenheim, populated solely by pirates and ruffians.

I was hopping for a better one. Frederik's backstory speech looked very nice, but it speaks how his kingdom was crushed by Barclay and the Snake Cult.

For Veccavia, I was thinking on this one:

A Red Brotherhood Agent said:
A sea captain told me about some island called Veccavi, where the women run everything and the men are slaves. Did you ever hear of such a thing?

Suggestions? Any will be appreciated and considered! It will make my work easier.

Thanks in advance!

For Barclay, you could paraphrase Cortes:

"We Spaniards know a sickness of the heart that only gold can cure".

Something in the likes of:

"The men of Barclay know a sickness of the heart that only gold can cure".
                                                                                                                - The Count

Plays on Barclay's avarice and larcenous attitude ("we have come to make our fortune; looting your bodies..." etc.).

Edit: it may variate even more. Something in the likes of:

"The men of Barclay suffer from a thirst that only gold can quench".
                                                                          - Frederick of Mettenheim

Ralyks18 said:
Im redoing most wikia's minor factions pages, and i wanted to have at the top of everyone like a speech referred to their kingdom.

I think Mettenheim should have something about the foundries using the live volcano and rich veins of iron for superb steel.

As for Veccavi, some mention of how few ships ever return?

May take awhile for me to think of others.

Mettenheim:

"Have you ever heard of those stubborn bastards with 'fire in their belly', kid? Now, imagine an island with fire inside its own and there you have it: dreaded Mettenheim. A scalding piece of  rock cast by the gods into the waves to harden, just like its blacksmiths cast their steel in water to chill it and work their miracles".
                                                                              - Anston, master armorsmith from Javiksholm, to his apprentice

Veccavia:

"It's a Veccavian galley! Untie your breeches, lads! Today we're feasting on pu$$y!"
        - Olof "The Fairy" Ironhead from Vanskerry, shortly before earning his moniker

Serazu said:
Mettenheim:

"Have you ever heard of those stubborn bastards with 'fire in their belly', kid? Now, imagine an island with fire inside its own and there you have it: dreaded Mettenheim. A scalding piece of  rock cast by the gods into the waves to harden, just like its blacksmiths cast their steel in water to chill it and work their miracles".
                                                                              - Anston, master armorsmith from Javiksholm, to his apprentice

Veccavia:

"It's a Veccavian galley! Untie your breeches, lads! Today we're feasting on pu$$y!"
        - Olof "The Fairy" Ironhead from Vanskerry, shortly before earning his moniker

Wow, first one is really good...! :grin:

How did this ever happened?

exhp4k

She appears as part of the Marleons town garrison, and can still ask for gossips or sell prisioners... If I only own the town! From time to time appears that "Iris the Lotus from Commoners was defeated", her health drops but she still there. And of course the true Iris still roams the taverns of Pendor.

With the amount of stuff they are planning to add, fix and adjust I'd say probably long-term. They have a lot of stuff and tweaks panned, including some new features like weaponsmith in knight order stronghold and diamond system for safekeeping finances.

Madman666 said:
With the amount of stuff they are planning to add, fix and adjust I'd say probably long-term. They have a lot of stuff and tweaks panned, including some new features like weaponsmith in knight order stronghold and diamond system for safekeeping finances.
+ a couple more blunt weapons, new design for many weapons and some armor pieces, ability to buy KO armor sets, reworked mercenary troop tree, a few more accessible minor faction troop trees and probably a rebalanced Pendor's kingdom reinforcement template as far as I know :fruity: Right? :smile:

What is the point of the "Innocents" minor faction that is not listed in the Minor Factions list in the Reports tab? Their parties are tealish/whitish and usually called "Angry Peasants".

Wow! 3.8.5 sounds like it will be pretty substantial. I can't wait!

iskar said:
What is the point of the "Innocents" minor faction that is not listed in the Minor Factions list in the Reports tab? Their parties are tealish/whitish and usually called "Angry Peasants".

I think they are probably linked to Alaric von Brouhaha and the Peasant Revolt armies. At least I assume that since they seem to always spawn in his vicinity

Lord Irontoe said:
iskar said:

I think they are probably linked to Alaric von Brouhaha and the Peasant Revolt armies. At least I assume that since they seem to always spawn in his vicinity
No, Alaric's faction is orang-ish and called Rebel Peasants. The Innocents are non-hostile, although their parties contain outlaws.

iskar said:
Lord Irontoe said:
iskar said:

No, Alaric's faction is orang-ish and called Rebel Peasants. The Innocents are non-hostile, although their parties contain outlaws.

Then ya got me. I just assumed they were connected since they seem to spawn alot in the area when Alaric's active.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom