Resolved Launcher closes on startup

Users who are viewing this thread

Summary:
If I start via steam or the launcher exe inside the game folder the icon shortly appears on the bar and the cursor changes, then after 1-2 seconds it just closes again. Starting the game directly does work.

What I tried:
- deleting Launcher Configs
- verify data on steam
- reinstall
- installing these:
Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015
.net Core
.net FrameWork
Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2017
- removing \SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules\SandBox\ModuleData\Languages\CN
- disable firewall and antivirus
- reinstall newest drivers
- search for optional windows updates and install them
Everything worked fine up until April 2nd. I played lots from release till then, since then the game just does not work. Please fix as this is extremely frustrating

Version: Always newest one thanks to steam, 1.05 atm
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @3.70 GHz
RAM: 32 GB
Storade Device: HDD

Last edited:
This is the exact same thing that happens to me, I bought the game today and did everything recommended to no avail. I think it might be an issue with how it is handling NVIDIA GPUs based on what I have gathered in the forums.

Edit: What I found is that it is something with the way the Launcher is handling things.
My fix was:
- right-click the game in your Steam Library
- click "Properties"
- go to the Local Files Tab
- click browse Local files it will pull up your file explorer.
- Open "bin"
- Open "Win64_Shipping_Client"
- Run The Application "Bannerlord"

For me this fixed it when nothing else would, it runs the game without opening the launcher which is where the issue seems to be occurring at. Hope This Helped!

Last edited:
Sorry to see you can't play the game. We are aware of this issue and currently investigating it.
Can you try launching the game with Bannerlord.Native.exe ?
The game will crash again but we need to see the crash log via launching through Bannerlord.Native.exe.

It does start from the normal .exe applications, thats the weird part. The launcher just doesn't work, so while I can start the native game I have no chance of adding mods. Is there perhaps any option to acticate mods without the launcher?

Were you able to launch the game through Bannerlord.Native.exe ? Seeing that crash report might be important on solving this issue.
We are investigating the launcher not working issue. This is a high priority issue for us.

Bannerlord.exe works, Bannerlord.Native.exe and TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.exe do not.
Bannerlord.Native.exe open the loading screen, then after a few seconds CTDs
TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.exe only shows the logo in the task bar for about 1-2 seconds, then disappears.

As for crashlogs I cannot find any and the CrashUploader.Publish.exe doesnt do anything either when started. Neither in Documents/Mount and Blade II Bannerlord nor in its installation path.

Sorry to see you can't play the game. We are aware of this issue and currently investigating it.
Can you try launching the game with Bannerlord.Native.exe ?
The game will crash again but we need to see the crash log via launching through Bannerlord.Native.exe.
Running Bannerlord.Native.exe results in this error message for me:

Bannerlord.Native.exe - Entry Point Not Found
The procedure entry point _free_locale could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll.

Can you try installing missing necessary dependencies and try again?
Sorry Marda, but I've already installed, and reinstalled, those dependencies multiple times. I even went further and uninstalled them all, then reinstalled again. It still does not work. What is even more frustrating is the game was working prior to the last day or so. I can't even begin to express the frustration at having it now completely unable to even start.

Sorry Marda, but I've already installed, and reinstalled, those dependencies multiple times. I even went further and uninstalled them all, then reinstalled again. It still does not work. What is even more frustrating is the game was working prior to the last day or so. I can't even begin to express the frustration at having it now completely unable to even start.

How were you launching the game when it was working a couple of days ago? What is your OS and is it up to date?

It seems mods might have a part to play. Not for why you might think though. I've tried removing all mods and it caused the launcher to work. Adding more than one mod, however, causes it to crash.

How were you launching the game when it was working a couple of days ago? What is your OS and is it up to date?
I was just launching it via the desktop shortcut, which presumably was using the Bannerlord.exe file. System specs are as follows:

OS. Windows 7 Professional 64 bit (completely patched and up to date, updates set to notify but not automatically downloaded or installed); please note, once again, that the game was working perfectly fine up to yesterday / the day before so I do not think this would be the cause;
i7 4930k
NVIDIA Geforce GTX Titan X (vers. 445.75, latest WHQL drivers)

32 GB RAM
ASUS ROG Rampage IV Black edition
It seems mods might have a part to play. Not for why you might think though. I've tried removing all mods and it caused the launcher to work. Adding more than one mod, however, causes it to crash.
Yes, I think it might have something to do with mods. I had 13 mods installed and working at the time.. I downloaded and installed 2 additional mods, and then it stopped working. However, now, even with disabling all mods, then uninstalling all mods, and finally a full uninstall / reinstall of the game, it still will not work? How is that even possible? I've also uninstalled and reinstalled all the dependencies listed in the other threads, and tried just about every weird, unusual suggestion that others posted. None of it has worked.

Last edited:
While I did use mods in the past, I did a clean install of everything from scratch and removed all mod files, still no working launcher except the community made one.

Back
Top Bottom