Last NE update

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi everyone,

soulmata here. I'm going to do one final update to NE before I call it retired. It's still my favorite Warband mod of all time and I still play it from time to time, but it's time to put it away.

So I am planning on making one final change and that'll be it. If anyone has suggestions on what they'd like thrown in, put it in here. So far I've only got two things to include:

* Siege tower fix
* Revert additional territory claims added a few versions back, has the side effect of making the Kingdoms needlessly aggressive, resulting in non-stop war from day 1 on all sides.

Here's what I've got so far:

.624 changelog

Bugfixes:
* Fix siege tower bug
* Reverted the additional claims Kingdoms had on each other from previous NE updates. This was done due to an unintended consequence: the AI became needlessly aggressive, even to its own peril, and would often result in a Kingdom getting declared war on and also declaring war simultaneously, and the AI would be reluctant to sue for peace. This resulted in one faction or another almost always being wiped out by May.
* Correct typo in deliver ale quest for a lord's party
* A bug in the DK invasion script meant the DK were more than twice as likely to attack Swadia and Rhodokia than any other faction if the player was not a vassal. This has been changed so that it's now an equal chance. If the player is a vassal, the DK will continue to always attack the player's faction, plus a neighboring faction.
* TODO: It's still possible for the DK to attempt to war a defeated faction

New content:
* Add 5 new reference books, each providing a passive +1 to a skill while carried in your inventory
Of Bandits and Men - +1 Looting
A Dance of Tongues - +1 Persuasion
The Most Dangerous Hunt - +1 Tracking
Calradian Atlas - +1 Pathfinding
Seeing the Unseen -+ Spotting
* The books are carried by the two wandering book merchants you find in taverns. One has two of the books, the other has three.
* The two book merchants now each have a unique name and face, to help tell them apart and give them some personality

Dark Knights:
* The Dark Knights now have a new level of cruelty. They will now *never* release prisoners, and addtionally will torture captive lords periodically, reducing their health and lowering their renown. It's more important than ever to free captive lords!
* Dark Knights now receive more additional denars per week to spend on reinforcements (from 1500/3000 for normal/brutality to 2000/4000)
* Dark Knights will now perform organized assaults until they reach 7 walled centers, instead of 5 previously
* Defeating the Dark Knight's Marshall is now very devastating to them - they will need to wait a month before they can perform another organized assault, instead of merely a week.

Other changes:
* The "Hired Blades" merc warband that assaults the party now has a widely varying timer based on the player's renown. Specifically, they now will never attack the player if they have less than 250 renown, and will go a maximum of 175 days, minimum of 75 days, between attacks. For example: A player with 250-300 renown will get attacked every 175 days. A player with 500 renown will get attacked every 105 days. A player with 700 or more renown will get attacked every 75 days. This timer doesn't begin ticking until the player has 250 or more renown, and will not continue to tick if the player drops below 250. This should ease things up a bit where a player who was more focused on tournaments and small battles ends up getting an overwhelmingly powerful army crushing them in the early-mid game.

Great, this is my favorite mod of M&BW,
Suggestions:
-Can create "alliances" with others factions to destroy the DK
-If you can create a new facction with castle in the start
-Call reinforcements in battle
-An option to "Move up/Move Down" in the defense of a castle
-Can kill Prisoners and this action creates a state of "fear" in the enemy faction, giving advantage in the war
-Decline offers to rescue dont losses honor
-Call patrols to defend the castle in a siege
-Can set trade routes
-More damage for the ivory bows
-Mini Map in a battle

When we join to any empire, does color on the map changes? I am not sure because i am new to this mod. If this mod doesnt contain this feature, maybe it should be in newer version.

Additional,

I feel that, Swadia do not declare in v.623b as much war as in the native game. Further, is it possible to make as a vassal peace with other kingdoms?

Addition: of guilds which make personalised weapons. (if possible ofcourse)

Addition: of making war, as a vassal of a kingdom, so influence and convince the queen, dictator etc. to declare war at other factions, when there is peace. So for example: * conversation between you and a ruler*: the last time faction X took an important city of our kingdom. We should conquer it, and make it ours again.

Addition: other factions should ask permission to enter your territory and vice versa. Maybe with a crossing barrier of a certain distance, so you can cross the territory within 2km's. After, there is a danger zone where you can be spotted. After three incidents, the faction could declare war to another faction.

Addition: More co-operation between factions, when there're at war against the same opponent.

Please feel free to contact me, if you like to discuss  more additions or develop another mod. I love to improve, discuss etc.

First of all:
MAKE WINERY MAKE WINE AGAIN!!! :razz: There was a bug that there was no wine in game, and some quests needed it. U know its strange when in middle ages game there is no wine :/
Maybe make very low salaries but higher uprgade costs for troops? It would be more logical - cos u wont buy heavy armor for soldier for 100-200 gold...

This was one of my first mods for Warband and I remember it quite fondly.

Still waiting for this new update to start a new playthrough though.

By any chance could you add back the feature to set the Dark Knights to invade immediately? It seems like it was removed.

-Don't know it's a problem or not but I think Nord Einherjar's One handed skill is 30, so I think that makes them a bit weak for their recruit restrictions. In the end they must be elite Nord Huscarl.
-It would be cool to have more to choose for player's kingdom vassal forename, or changing it without any theme thing. Like liutenant, general etc.
-Jarl Ragnar's horse sometimes get bugged when sprinting, like its leg animation doesn't work quite right.
-I think for a mounted elite chevalier, elite swadian senior square's horses are a bit colorful (the yellow and blue thing)
-There aren't powerful enough bows for mounted archers I think, I mean there is for early game stats, but not for late game-ish. I mean there a lot of heavy dmg based ones, but not fast and light ones for late game.
-When joining the faction, it could be nice to get special vassal armor and helmet (for nords its the thane things, i don't know for the rest of the kingdoms) due to getting it without cheat is not possible (?)
-And for a man named THORgrim, I think he should be like Nordic Viking-like character, blonde-tied beards, throwing axes, shield etc.
-More horse types for Nords, please! Even in Rhodoks, which are more infantry based in native, have more horse types.
-And I think Aragorn and Achilles' names should be changed, or at least Aragorn's. When I see Aragorn's name, it just reminds me LOTR Aragorn and thinking like ''oh, he is a great warrior!'' but he is a doctor. I know in history Achilles is a great warrior too but... don't know
-I don't know how the capturing a castle thing works but when I capture a castle, it has no troops in it ofc, but it would be cool to spawn on a little number of first or second level soldiers on them just to prevent instant re-siege thing.

Even in vanilla, spears were never really good to use on foot, but they are worse in this mod since there is only one possible attack direction. In order to make them more usable on foot I have these ideas:

1- short spears (less than 120) could be used as quarterstaff, attacking from all 4 directions.
2- add short spears with slightly longer blade like a partisan that inflicts cutting damage when swinging downwards or to the sides.
3- long spears could be used as war hammers, being able to thrust and downwards swing attack(blunt).

Just posting to say THANK YOU to everybody who contributed to this fantastic mod. M&B is my favorite game (been playing for almost 10 years now), and this mod was the best thing ever.

Back
Top Bottom