Lances hitbox are either broken or completely bugged

Users who are viewing this thread

This has been one of my biggest issue as a main cavalry lancer player.
Over 70% of the time I see my lance go literally through an enemy's body when stabbing.
This is not even to the point where it can only be described as the character not holding the lance correctly and losing length(Which they are. We are losing a lot of length. The length is less than the one on the stats)
But worse yet, couch lancing hitbox can only be severely wrong.

Less than 10% of the couch lancing is actually hitting.
You go full speed, lance front and hit an enemy horse on their side straight and somehow it does not count nor register as a hit. Your lance was forward, you lance is ahead of your horse's head yet it register that the horse hit the other horse's body first, you lost momentum and you stopped couching. Like, wth?!?
Worse is when you come pass to the correct side of an enemy unit so your couch lance will hit them, yet it passes through their body.
Or when you are going against a Glaive Khuzait horseman, you both pass one another, your couch lance passes through his body, but his glaive hit you.

Due to server distance, I play with a modest lag, as I am playing from Brasil to the NA server, as we don't have a South America server yet, but this is not explainable by lag. because it happens with enemies standing still as well.
Either the lance hit box is severely wrong, broken on there is a serious bug going on with lances.

But one of the worst balancing things about lances currently is just how slow and how long it takes for them to STAB!
You release the mouse button and it takes one bajillion years for the lance to finally go forwards and it still goes slow, with a character that technically was supposed to be an elite lance rider.

And there is one extra problem where, at times, you hit something full on with your lance and it gives like a ridiculously low amount of damage. Like 3 or 5.
Way too much more than once was I standing still with my horse, the enemy was in front of me standing still fighting my allies infantry, I stabbed his HEAD and the damage was ridiculously low like this.

Please, PLEASE take a look at cavalry lances.
There is something seriously off about them.
Lances were the cavalry preference in real life because they were GOOD, but currently they just feel WRONG.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom