L'Aigle Development Log Thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

SexHaver420?? said:
A completely new recruiting system, a new system of joining and serving in the military and new associated quests, a new political system, most likely a new faction, new social and civilian stuff, the ability to buy property and businesses, significantly improved AI formations, a new 'reload' skill that makes the balance of troops much more interesting, a new map with a new terrain type and all new map icons by Parrot, and a whole lot of other stuff.

Also Glory points do stuff now.
That's awesome. Any chance of Spain getting in the game soonish?

SexHaver420?? said:
A completely new recruiting system, a new system of joining and serving in the military and new associated quests, a new political system, most likely a new faction, new social and civilian stuff, the ability to buy property and businesses, significantly improved AI formations, a new 'reload' skill that makes the balance of troops much more interesting, a new map with a new terrain type and all new map icons by Parrot, and a whole lot of other stuff.

Also Glory points do stuff now.

What's your answer to this, atheists?
Sounds amazing and I can't wait to play it. Thanks for your awsome work.

SexHaver420?? said:
Rodrigo Ribaldo said:
Docm doesn't want help and especially doesn't want to ask for help. He only accepts tribute. That's not how collaborations work.

I've asked for help multiple times. I asked for sceners before and got exactly one person that was willing to do the work.

Next time, miss me with this ****.

It's late af, but if you're still looking for sceners, I'm up for it. That is, if it would only be making maps, I can't actually script or model stuff... :/

Gawd I'm so stoked for the new version of this mod.

Even as incomplete as it is now I already love it; I just can't get enough of the amazing uniforms, the variety of the equipment, the capturable battle standards, the functional artillery etc.
Seeing all this new features that are to be added makes me jump on my chair like a fat kid gobbling donuts in front of the screen  :lol:

No seriously I'm happy to see L'Aigle is still being worked on and can't wait to get my hands on the next release.
I must confess though I'm a bit unsure about the fixed diplomacy; I know historical accuracy is a big thing for this project and seeing Napoleon declare war on his brothers or Murat is not exactly what you would call historically accurate, but doesn't it run the risk of creating big stalemates?
I mean if there are only 2 big blocks of allies peace times can become long and boring; unless of course the idea is making it into a perma war scenario, in which case the only problem becomes travel times for rim nations (Russia).

Oh and on a side note, I think that the paths to cross the channel should become more open. I mean I do realize Belgium and Brittany is where the English troops would historically land to get to France, but having only those two narrow corridors creates bottlenecks with huge "sea battles" which at the moment are little more  than drunken sailor brawls where the real strength of an elite army doesn't come into play and numbers are the only factor, thus putting the player at a huge disadvantage.
Maybe even just create player-only routes could be a solution, whereas the AI would continue to use the previously existent paths

Excuse me SexHaver420 (is that the number of sex havings?), I understand you are working on a new update and I was wondering what the timing is looking like? is it worth suggesting anything at this moment?
Also, will the new version be save compatible?

I think the mod is great, a lot of work has been put into the uniforms etc. and i think there is still a lot of troops that can be added (Carabinier a cheval, grenadier a cheval etc.) Thank you for bringing the napoleonic wars to M&B, the DLC just wasn't for me without the singleplayer.

Also I feel the mod could use more swords/sabres, as the choice is quite slim atm.

Echtel said:
Oh and on a side note, I think that the paths to cross the channel should become more open. I mean I do realize Belgium and Brittany is where the English troops would historically land to get to France, but having only those two narrow corridors creates bottlenecks with huge "sea battles" which at the moment are little more  than drunken sailor brawls where the real strength of an elite army doesn't come into play and numbers are the only factor, thus putting the player at a huge disadvantage.
Maybe even just create player-only routes could be a solution, whereas the AI would continue to use the previously existent paths
I think the few fixed routes and the bottlenecks kind of work to simulate to a certain ectent the situation in the Channel. The bottlenecks provide at least a limiting factor for the French and allies to plant armies on Britain at will. And really, an army carried by sea is only as effective a fighting force as the ships that carry it, regardless of the army's quality. I'm the first who would love the naval aspects of the mod expanded, but barring that, the current system is better than having free and unrestricted access to British soil (look at me, I sound like a brexiter :p)

I Know this must be one of your most frequent questions but we are all dying for it. Is there any possibility of releasing a update of what you have done since the last update. We are all dying for a taste of something new. Like im begging here bud

Wolsten said:
I Know this must be one of your most frequent questions but we are all dying for it. Is there any possibility of releasing a update of what you have done since the last update. We are all dying for a taste of something new. Like im begging here bud
Could be a good idea just to release a mod of the more aesthetic components.

HoJu said:
I think the few fixed routes and the bottlenecks kind of work to simulate to a certain ectent the situation in the Channel. The bottlenecks provide at least a limiting factor for the French and allies to plant armies on Britain at will. And really, an army carried by sea is only as effective a fighting force as the ships that carry it, regardless of the army's quality. I'm the first who would love the naval aspects of the mod expanded, but barring that, the current system is better than having free and unrestricted access to British soil (look at me, I sound like a brexiter :p)

Yes, the AI access to Britain should be limited, I agree, that's why I was suggesting a player only alternative (a paid ferry could do the job I think).

While I agree that the strength of an army on the sea is in the ships, I would also point out that a transported land army would not engage in a fight under normal circumstances (unless of course getting intercepted by a war fleet, but there's obviously no way to realistically simulate any of that sadly :sad:) and chance naval encounters of that type on the channel were not exactly a thing in Napoleonic era.
Since we are stuck working with what we have I say the next best thing in case of a sea encounter is letting the real armies fight it out in a boarding battle instead of having mobs of sailors pop out of thin air to slap each other :p. That would even remove the need of a player alternative to Britain altogether.
But that of course is entirely my opinion

We're going to have a blast then :grin: How about the culture of recruited troops, are they going to be nation instead of village specific this time, please?

Back
Top Bottom