"Lagging" in single player

Users who are viewing this thread

zimber

Recruit
This happens in both native warband (1.142) and in the native expansion mod.

Everytime I enter a battle, my game lags, it feels as if it was "internet lag" (when you have a slow connection kind of lag), I mean, my framerate doesn't drop, it's always between 20-60 fps.

I've searched the forums for solutions, haven't found any, besides changing that render_buffer_size thingy in My Documents, which DID help a bit, but this keeps happening.

Wether there are 150 or 5 troops in the game, it happens in the same manner.

My specs are:

Intel E5500 Dual core
4gb Ram
Nvidia gt210

I have absolutely no clue what to do, I've tried reinstalling, updating drivers, all that stuff...

Note: In the "original" Mount & Blade it doesn't happen, the frame rate may slow down a bit, because I go crazy with the graphic quality, but the lagging isn't there.

If I forgot anything, please let me know.

EDIT: (I've tried disabling the "load textures on demand" and "force single threading" thing... didn't work.

Thank you.

Hello, i have exactly the same problem, it does run better in directx7 but still the game isen't as fun as in directx9. The normal mount & blade works fine on directx9 but warband causes this stuttering lag, even if my fps is 50-60. I find this very annoying and would like to know if you have found any answers?

It would be really appreciated!

Why wont any of the mods or whoever is in charge of this reply to these kind of threads?

is why is the tech support here in the first place when they amost never try to help you

happens to me all the time, even when I just started the game, even after computer restart.

There is no way my computer is too slow for this game, I made another topic, my specs are just fine

Zerilius said:
It happens to me as well when I play the game for more than 2-3 hours. Then I restart the game and it becomes alright.  :smile:

Same here. Isn't this what they call memory-leak bugs?
Something very, very similar happened to me in Dragon Age when it just got released.
A restart (of the game) solved the problem temporary.
Bioware fixed the problem quick with a patch tho.

Dava27 said:
There is no way my computer is too slow for this game, I made another topic, my specs are just fine

My specs:
Nvidea GTX 285M
I7 processor
4 GB RAM

I started to play Warband when 1.113 was out. Had the same problem back then.

Please Taleworlds.
Fix this one bug.

Don't tell me I have a too bad computer to run this game properly :roll:

Yep this is likely a memory leak.  I have the same issue but usually after a long timeframe (2-3 hours) then battles turn into a slideshow but it claims I have 30+ fps.  A restart fixes it for me.

Same thing happened all the time in Elemental: War of Magic (along with like 60+ other bugs, yay releasing a beta as a final product!)

it wouldn't bug me that much if it was after 2 hours, big deal so I restart the game, but I just don't understand why this is happening to my 3.43GHz dual core, GeForce 550 and 4gb ram, there is no way that's too weak. I should be able to run the game on max with huge amounts of men dying everywhere.

Just a suggestion, it seems to be working for me, try turning of Sound Variatons in starting menu > configurations > audio.

not sure it will do any good but it helped me so no harm in trying it too, right? My integrated audiocard is obviously crap, but right now I can hardly afford food so there is no way I can upgrade it.

I have same problem... I think from version 1.142 and 1.143 didnt resolve that problem... So I cant play Warband and support **** up on us again. So I have two original keys on warband. If someone want to buy it cheap so write me cose this is too much on me... I had a problem with both keys when WB just released - I cant play a MP cose I cant see servers. I contact support spend a lot of hours to resolved that problem. Support said me that problem is on my side... Wasnt, cose new patch repaired that problem. And now again Unplayable. And support is here? what they say me on that problem if I contact them? ye that its on my side............. WB is great game but support is terrible.

If you wana buy that keys contact me on [email protected]
I know its against a TALEWORLDs policy But you totaly go againts customer rights in EU.
Sry for bad english.

I'm not that surprised the customer service isn't flawless.  Taleworlds isn't the biggest company, so naturally not so much money will go to customer support/service.  But that's what the community is here for.

Soziele said:
I'm not that surprised the customer service isn't flawless.  Taleworlds isn't the biggest company, so naturally not so much money will go to customer support/service.  But that's what the community is here for.

I understand that their customer service isn't flawless. But a few guys (like me) bought a game, which is basically impossible to play because of lagging, even though I have about 4X the requirements listed.

BUMP. I have this glitch, Is there anyway to fix this? please help. The game is running around 60fps but its light I have latency lagg. Please help it works perfectly on my laptop at about 37 fps but not on my main pc. Please can someone help me.

Thank you for any solutions.

You're not alone, with my nvidia and recent drivers it's completely unplayable in both mp and sp. I can't just rollback to older drivers because of the other games I play.

Please please please fix this issue!  :cry: :cry: :cry:

I have to restart my computer (restarting the game does nothing) every time I want to fix this issue and it takes about 8 minutes before I'm back up and running again in game.

THIS PROBLEM HAPPENS NO MATTER IF I'M IN DIRECTX 7 OR DIRECTX 9 MODE.  :mad:

I thought it was my hardware (Intel E6400 + GeForce 450 GTS), but the game client never even maxes my CPU utilization monitor.  It's kind of ridiculous that I can start the game sieging castles with no game lag, and then an hour later I'm struggling to move my character around on screen in a 1v1 tournament match.

IT'S NOT OUR HARDWARE.  It's a bug, memory leak, etc.  :evil:

EDIT: I bought the game through Steam.  I'll give downloading the game client through the TW website a chance.

Biggiesized said:

I have to restart my computer (restarting the game does nothing) every time I want to fix this issue and it takes about 8 minutes before I'm back up and running again in game.

I thought it was my hardware (Intel E6400 + GeForce 450 GTS), but the game client never even maxes my CPU utilization monitor.  It's kind of ridiculous that I can start the game sieging castles with no game lag, and then an hour later I'm struggling to move my character around on screen in a 1v1 tournament match.

EDIT: I bought the game through Steam.  I'll give downloading the game client through the TW website a chance.
If you are still playing through Steam, please go to your Steam\Steamapps\common\mountandbladewarband\ folder and copy the contents of the rgl_log.txt file and paste them here inbetween [code] [/code]

:arrow: "In the "original" Mount & Blade it doesn't happen"

You have an illegal version of M&B warband???
NO WONDER that the game is lagging. This games have a low quality. But there is no problem with your graphic card.

Caba`drin said:
Biggiesized said:

If you are still playing through Steam, please go to your Steam\Steamapps\common\mountandbladewarband\ folder and copy the contents of the rgl_log.txt file and paste them here inbetween [code] [/code]
Code:
Starting new log file.
 Version:  1.153

Clearly, something more was supposed to be here.

Should I repost after playing the game for a few hours?  And should I use DX9 or DX7 mode?

Back
Top Bottom