Kyra

Users who are viewing this thread

Wolfang

Baron
‘Get the *****!’ the man shouted, holding one hand to his mouth where ‘the *****’ had punched him
‘Our Burry’s been spank’t like a lil baby he has, harr!’ The shout came from a group of men in the tavern and was followed by loud rounds of laugther.
‘I’ll be back fer the one ‘oo said that after I’m done wiff her!’ the man named Burry snarled ‘Get that whore!’  Two of his drinking mates sprung up and bolted after the girl who had just run out of the tavern. Burry quickly wiped his hand on his filthy clothes and ran after his chums.
The girl ran through the alleys closely followed by the three men, she was fast, but tiring quickly it seemed, she turned around to see how far her assailants were. The fist sent her sprawling, the alley had led towards a market square, the punch had sent the girl flying into one of the stands. The merchant who owned the stand shouted in outrage as he saw how his goods flew all over the market. Already the poorer people were picking up the vegetables and running off with them.
‘Guards! Alert the watch, quickly! This filthy animal has ruined me!’ The merchant looked down in disdain, opened his mouth to catapult a slob of phlegm upon this girl but as he was about to spit Burry and his two mates pushed him out of the way. The merchant opened his eyes at this new outrage but was quickly distracted, his jaw had snapped shut onto his tong, and he suddenly felt a great deal of pain. ‘Cvall…thle Guardvvvss!’
‘ Can’t run anymore can ya you lil skank’ Burry kneeled and pulled the bleeding girl up by her hair ‘If Burry wants something, he gets it, hehe, should ‘ave listened to Burry ya should!’ He turned towards his two friends ‘Pick ‘er up an’ be none too gentle ‘bout it!’ The two men by his side roughly pulled the protesting girl up to her feet. But then they both looked away.
‘Halt! In the name of the Emperor!’ Guards came running at them blowing their whistles and waving their swords. The two men holding the girl bolted back down the alley, the one named Burry was about to follow them but the merchant sprang forward and grabbed Burry by his ankles.
‘I goth himth!’ The merchants face smiled with glee, at least, until Burry kicked out into the merchant’s face, but before he could get up and run again, the guards had seized him and the girl.
‘Don’t go doing nothing stupid now’ one of the guards said pointing his sword against Burry’s back.
‘I gtoh himth…’ The merchant mumbled. The guard looked at the merchant ‘Someone should bring him a doctor…let’s move, we make for the palace prisons!’
‘Make way! Make way!’ the leading guard oversaw as the beat up girl and the angry man were dragged towards the central walls where the keep housed the imperial guards and where the prisons were located. Not far from the keep lay the gigantic palace of the Emperor.
The troop made its way upwards towards the inner wall dragging the two criminals with them. As they passed through the gate, one of the emperor’s advisors was just going out, carried on a stool by four muscular slaves.

‘Stop for a moment’ advisor Igrio whispered to one of his slaves before looking back towards the leading guard ‘More criminals?’
‘Yes my lord, found these two fighting and damaging goods in the southern market’
‘Hmmyes, doesn’t look like that girl could have put up much of a fight against the big brute’ Igrio clapped his hands as he smiled, the guards forced smiles onto their faces. They started walking back through the gate. The girl which had been listening to the exchange looked up and mumbled something. Again but louder.
‘I…grio, Igrio!’
‘Did someone call my name? Without addressing me as ‘my lord’?’ He looked around at the guards, who all pointed their fingers at the girl.  ‘Borug, show this girl some manners.’
One of the advisor’s personal bodyguards stepped forward, took the girl by her jaw and lifted her face up for all to see. Igrio gasped ‘STOP!’ just as Borug was about to slam his fist down into the girls face. ‘Turn us about, Borug take the girl, we are returning to the palace at once! Double time you slaves!’ He whipped his carriers as they jogged him towards the palace closely followed by Borug carrying the girl.
As they entered the palace he shouted ‘Get her to the Royal Chambers and immediate medical attention!’ Borug did so immediately as Igrio kept running deeper into the palace, slamming one door open after the other.
‘Grand Master Igrio requests an urgent meeting oh Great One!’
‘Send him in!’
The announcer quickly ushered Igrio into the room where the Great Emperor Tahir of the Ilati Empire lay sprawled onto a vast amount of cushions surrounded by his concubines and slaves attending to his every smallest Imperial desire.
‘What is it Igrio, do you not see that I am busy?’ Tahir asked nodding towards a slave who brought him refreshments.
‘Oh Great One, I have found her.’ Igrio dared not bring his eyes upward to meet the suddenly wide eyes of his Emperor.
‘Are you sure?’
‘Very sure, I have sent my most trusted guard to bring her to the Royal Chambers.’
Emperor Tahir waved his hand indicating towards one of his slaves to lead Adviser Igrio out. A lot of bowing and shuffling followed before he was finally ‘alone’ again.
‘Igrio is to be rewarded for having found her. The guards of my city are useless! I send them all out to find her, and he who finds her is my own very most trusted advisor!’

Kyra woke up grumbling. She opened her eyes and saw a woman’s face looking down towards her. ‘How many times have I had to clean and dress your wounds after another one of your wild escapades!’ She dabbed Kyra’s forehead with some ice.
‘Ah! That hurts Hilda!’ Kyra sat up in her bed. She was in her palace chambers. The nursing maid brought the ice back towards her face ‘No. Stop, I said no!’ She pushed the ice away. ‘God I hate it here, I cant do anything I want!’
‘Do you know how many people would kill to be in your place?!’ The maidservant Hilda kept dabbing at Kyra’s forehead ‘and we, who are paid to turn you into a lady! You’re making our job very hard for us. What were you doing yesterday anyway?’
‘Well, I was in a brothel, and then..’
Hilda  looked shocked ‘Actually, I don’t think I want to know what you were doing. Good lord, a brothel!’
‘Wait you don’t think, I…you don’t believe I… All I did was have a drink there…’
Hilda looked relieved ‘Well thank god, I was going to prepare a special tea, but I hope it is not necessary.’ She still mistrusted Kyra and looked at her with one eye, Kyra didn’t react, so she went on ‘Anyway, I’ve been given the heavy task, of washing you, and getting you ready for your father, the Emperor. So get yourself up.’ She pulled the blankets off Kyra and pulled her up to her feet, she clapped her hands two times, and doors opened admitting several more slave servants carrying a steaming bathtub, towels, scrubs, clothes, and several more items.
Kyra stood still as scissors were used to take her clothes off, she was about to protest, but seeing the disgusted look on everyone’s face as they looked at her mud stained clothes, she quickly shut her mouth.
Once she was completely undressed one of the maid used long prongs to take her dirty clothes and put them in the fire. At the same time two big woman picked her up and put her into the steaming hot bath.
Kyra yelped as her skin made contact with the warm water, but quickly got used to hit, it was almost relaxing, until two more maidservants came with scrubs to thoroughly scrub off all the dirt on her body. One maid was given the duty of bringing order to her hair which was simply horrible to touch. Some parts of her body she was usually allowed to clan herself, but Hilda simply insisted that the maidservants should be given this task mumbling something about brothels and dirt, ignoring Kyra’s protest.
After half an hour of getting cleaned, she was hoisted out of her bath and put into another cooler bath, with clean water, here she was once again cleaned for ten minutes, before she was again hoisted out of the water. Kyra sighed with relief at knowing the process had ended, she did not enjoy being cleaned by other people, what came next she did enjoy.
She was led towards a circular room, in which the walls were all mirrors. Here she stood wrapped in a towel until Hilda and Matheld came inside. Matheld was also a slave maidservant, but she had a specialty, she was the Kyra’s personal decorator, this meant that she supervised Kyra’s make up and clothing from day to day.

Kyra didn’t really like to walk around every day all the time looking like a ‘proper lady’ but she did enjoy the process of getting primped up.
Matheld motioned a group of servants in, carrying a wardrobe and a table full of make-up utensils. Kyra was left to stand in the room, as Hilda and Matheld started a heated discussion on what she should wear as they always did.
Kyra looked at herself in the mirror, she had indeed been well scrubbed, her usually white skin was red from the scrubbing. Instead of brown hair, her fiery red hair flowed down to her shoulders. She had a few brown speckles on her cheekbones. She was considered an oddity, the only child the Emperor had ever sired was not a boy, which caused enough discussion already, but had red hair and white skin. How this was possible no one knew. Her father, the Emperor, had brown hair, and her mother, a concubine originating from somewhere far north, had blond hair. Everyone was astounded for never had anyone heard of red hair, was this a good sign, or was this a bad sign? A few thought it a good sign, most thought it a bad sign. Kyra didn’t care what they thought.
The discussion between Matheld and Hilda had ended, her towel was taken off, one thing was true, she was gifted in the breast department compared to the other woman at court. Kyra, at the age of 19, considered it an annoyance, not only did men look at you more, but she couldn’t do any exercises or sports without them getting in the way now and then.
The servants came towards her with the chosen dress and tied it onto her, Kyra looked down, it seemed Hilda had won the argument, for Matheld was forever wanting for more décolté as she called it. Matheld considered Kyra’s breasts her own, and always wanted to show the off at court. Once her dress was on, a stool was brought behind her and she was pushed down on it. This part Matheld did herself, leaning over Kyra, tutting an putting, and then stepping back now and then, to look at Kyra in each mirror.
After another 20 minutes this was also done, and Kyra was pleased to see that, as usual, Matheld had done a good job. Something she didn’t have time to tell her because she was whisked away by Hilda immediately. Jewel encrusted shoes were placed upon her feet, and she was then backed by Hilda and guided by two guards  towards the Emperor’s palace.
The imperial guards waved her in immediately, knowing the routine. Hilda and the two guards who had accompanied her left at this point, and she entered the chambers alone. Emperor Tahir of the Ilati Empire lay sprawled on several cushions, watching several slave girls belly dancing whilst he breathed in from his water pipe.
‘Princess Kyra, daughter of Tahir the Majestic has arrived’ announced the herald.
At this the Emperor reluctantly waved the belly dancers away, handed his water pipe to another servant, and then waved all the other females in the room out. After several minutes they were alone in the grand chambers, it was awfully silent. Only The Mutes were left, they are the elite of the Royal Guards, before becoming part of The Mutes the elite guards must cut their own tongs off, which was supposed to prove they were much better.
‘Kyra Kyra Kyra Kyra… how many times must we go through this? How many times will you take my precious time? Do you believe the life of an Emperor is easy?!? Heh?’
‘No father.’
‘You say that now, but I know you don’t believe it. Just by breathing, I hold this Empire together, do you not have an inkling of the burden I feel every day?’
‘No father’
‘That is why I am Emperor and no one else, only I have the power to do these mighty things, it is Gods will’
‘Yes father.’
‘Stop Yes fathering No fathering me!’ Tahir wobbled his fat body straight up in his cushions ‘Look at me girl! Be thankful for what I have done! When all advised me to throw you to the fish because of your sex, I kept you alive, when  all advised me to burn you alive because of your fiery hair, I kept you alive! You should be kissing my feet from thankfulness!’
‘Yes father.’
‘Shut up girl! I haven’t stopped talking! Not only are you a fiery headed girl, but on top of that, you insist on countering everything I command, you go off riding horses unaccompanied, you go sword fighting with the palace guards, you run off into the city, and according to my sources go to brothels, UN-AC-CEPTABLE!’ Tahir was red with rage, and breathing deeply, Kyra had never seen him this angry before, that fat snake Igrio must have been whispering about her again. ‘What do you want of me girl? What is it you seek? Have I not done my best bringing you up? Do you know how much I have spent on you?’
‘I want to do something, I want to ride, I want to fight, everything is better than living my life inside these walls father!’
‘What? You want to fight? Hah! You would be a soldier would you?! Girls not only have the intelligence’ het tapped his head ‘but they also do not have the required strength to be soldiers’ Tahir tapped his chubby arm.
‘I could, I swear, I could!’ Kyra knelt down to her knees
‘Are you joking? You couldn’t last a week in the training camps!’ Tahir slapped his leg and laughed nodding towards one of the Mute who opened his mouth to laugh, but no sound came out. Tahir’s laugh stopped and he looked back at Kyra.
‘Father, I have a proposition, if I fail in the camps, you will have been right and I will return home, for always being a good domestic female. But, If after two weeks, I pass in the camps, you will allow me to stay a soldier.’
‘Look, Kyra, you can hardly be serious..’
‘Are you afraid that you were wrong? The majestic Emperor of Ilati wrong?’
Tahir sat up and sputtered ‘No! Of course not, it’s just that…’
‘Well then what do you have to lose? If, or should I say, when I fail, I will be sent straight back here! You will once again be right, and I will be shamed.’
Tahir looked pleased ‘Well now that you say it that way, this should become a good lesson to you, never question your father, and at the same time you will come to realize that men should do the thinking for you.’
‘Yes father, exactly, so is it a deal?’ She stretched her hand towards him.
He took it ‘Deal.’
Kyra bowed several times whilst she walked backwards barely able to contain her smile. Before the doors closed she could see that the belly dancers and his water pipe had come back. He had once again, completely forgotten about her.

Zeer goed geschreven, volgens mij vind je het leuker om iets te verzinnen in je eentje dan met meerdere? Anywho zeer mooi gedaan.

je punctuatie en spelling is hier en daar wat slordig en de volgorde waarin je dingen verteld is soms ietsje chaotish

The girl ran through the alleys closely followed by the three men, she was fast, but tiring quickly it seemed, she turned around to see how far her assailants were. The fist sent her sprawling, the alley had led towards a market square, the punch had sent the girl flying into one of the stands. The merchant who owned the stand shouted in outrage as he saw how his goods flew all over the market. Already the poorer people were picking up the vegetables and running off with them.

The girl ran through the alleys that would lead her to the market square where she could disappear in the crowd. She was fast, but tiring quickly it seemed, as she neared the square, she turned around to see how far her assailants were. They were closer than expected and a fist/punch

waar je vooral op moet letten is continuiteit in het gebruik van verleden tijd en heden, maar in dit geval vooral voltooid en continuous

the alley had led towards a market square

maar nu gaat het ergens anders heen?

the punch had sent the girl flying into

is meer als iemand anders het verteld/opschijft aan een 3e, niet een vertelling van wat je ziet

dat is t voor t moment

Ik heb, helaas voor jou, een taal gevoel voor engels, en kan het verder niet uitleggen. Sommige stukjes klinken gewoon ietjes fout

Oskatat said:
je punctuatie en spelling is hier en daar wat slordig en de volgorde waarin je dingen verteld is soms ietsje chaotish

The girl ran through the alleys that would lead her to the market square where she could disappear in the crowd. She was fast, but tiring quickly it seemed, as she neared the square, she turned around to see how far her assailants were. They were closer than expected and a fist/punch

waar je vooral op moet letten is continuiteit in het gebruik van verleden tijd en heden, maar in dit geval vooral voltooid en continuous

the alley had led towards a market square

maar nu gaat het ergens anders heen?

the punch had sent the girl flying into

is meer als iemand anders het verteld/opschijft aan een 3e, niet een vertelling van wat je ziet

dat is t voor t moment

Ik heb, helaas voor jou, een taal gevoel voor engels, en kan het verder niet uitleggen. Sommige stukjes klinken gewoon ietjes fout

Heb vr 5 jaar op Britse school gezeten..
Maar inderdaad, ik herlees niet wat ik schrijf.

thx vr commentaar.

Dit was trouwens mr een heel klein stukje van wat ik aan't schrijven ben, en over mr 1 van de karacters.

Als ge meer wilt vraag maar,

ow, die had ik net gemist:

Did i not do my best to bring you up

letterlijk vertaald uit het nederlands, en helaas niet goed

"did I not do (/try) my best (/my utmost) to raise you (+well)?"
"did i not provide your every need?"

"you should be kissing my feet in gratitude."

Thankfulness exists, but seems slightly out of place in an empirical (sounds like the scientific approach :razz: ) court

gratitude, apreciation (sp?), meer kan ik even niet bedenken.

oh ja: tong = tongue

het uitsnijden van de tong voorkomt niet het maken van geluid, alleen het maken van klanken waarbij de tong nodig is. verdere klanken kunnen voorkomen worden door het afsnijden van de lippen

Back
Top Bottom