kuauik's sweatshop ;0)

Users who are viewing this thread

Isn't the axe too big ? Otherwise it's nice, but I find the helmet weird too, not because of its wings but because of its big central vertical rim. I've never seen a so broad one.

Kuauik, as you are already working on the Teutonic Order:

Is it possible to place an order for a certain chainmail? It's this one in particular:

geileskettenhemdjjyz.jpg

I don't know why, but the leather seams really fascinate me, the chainmail looks very interesting (so does the rather Spanish looking helmet  :???: ), it would be a nice addition for mercenaries, sergeants and so on. And who could be a better person to ask in this forum (and I mean the taleworlds forum, not the 1257 ad subforum!) than you? :grin:

Edit: Of course you can also add the shoulder plates, although I don't know how anachronistic they are. And just to mention: take notice of the greaves with the leather decoration - they look interesting, I think.  :smile:

Don't want to ruin it for you Joker86, but the mail has quite of few inhistorical problems. The main: chainmail joning in the front is inhistorical, the metal shoulder pads is as well. And funny looking gloves are funny. Just saing

Edit: Oh and the leather decorations of the greaves - looks like an knee armor plate, which I believe should not realy fit the period either.

Well, if you say it's unhistorical I will accept it of course. I just want to say that the leather doesn't mean the chainmail is joining there - it could be pure decoration  :mrgreen:

Anyway, my next project is to deliver you a proof that ailets could have existed at 1257, and thus one or two armours with them could be implemented  :razz:

(Oh dear god make that ailets were used in 1257, so I can find this proof  :lol: )

Al_Mansur said:
Isn't the axe too big ? Otherwise it's nice, but I find the helmet weird too, not because of its wings but because of its big central vertical rim. I've never seen a so broad one.
ah your perfectionism,so its biger :lol:

Love the axe! We need more similar axes of different sizes to match the ones from the Maciejovski Bible.

I really want to crack some skulls with that axe! :grin:

Kuauik, now that the Kingdom of Navarra is in the game, can you make an heraldic mail for them? It would look awesome

Dr_stein85 said:

Kuauik, now that the Kingdom of Navarra is in the game, can you make an heraldic mail for them? It would look awesome
i want to do more generic stuff,i'd like to remove a lots of heraldic surcoat from the mod,its really useless.The less surcoats ,more space for unique stuff,but one surcoat for Navarra can make it into the mod :cool:

kuauik said:
Dr_stein85 said:

i want to do more generic stuff,i'd like to remove a lots of heraldic surcoat from the mod,its really useless.The less surcoats ,more space for unique stuff,but one surcoat for Navarra can make it into the mod :cool:

btw, isnt Navarra's flag the old one? it doesn't look like the others, i would help but i dont know how to model

I would not like to see any surcoat disappear - all of them look great, little artworks, and I like the variety. Instead I would prefer to see some of the spears disappear or something like that, we have like 20 different spears, who needs so many?

kuauik said:
Dr_stein85 said:

Thanks! Well personally I would not like those great surcoats be removed from the mode, they are amazing, the best I ever saw in a M&B mod. Is it necesary to remove them for add some other items?

Ideally you won't have to remove any surcoats, but if you do have to I think some of those lord specific ones can go. I feel like only the King and most important lords (like the French Lord of Tolouse or something) really need/deserve a unique surcoat in a 'limited item #' circumstance.

I would assume in this period you would still have terrible decentralization, so most lords would use 'their own surcoats' (in other words, generic ones) rather than ones partisan to their respective faction.

The surcoats should definitely be available for purchase by the player, and perhaps on the equipment list of some faction-specific troops like knights.
For Kings, however, I imagine Kuauik is going to give most of them some manner of unique armor. Like the beautiful set he posted for the Roman king a page or so back in this thread. That was really impressive, and I for one wish that all the Kings could be treated to a similar makeover.

Lords though? Bah, give them a dirty old frock and a pair of soiled hosen! They hardly earn their keep.

The whole discussion about the Teutonic axe remembered me of something which is missing badly in this mod:

The Sparth! It is a special kind of axe, similar to the Danish axe, with a special design, famous for having been used by the Gallowglass!

(The Axe the guy with the closed helmet wields... both fighters here are McSweeny... those Scots are animals xD )
4256668074_27b91eb9cf.jpg

No3-15th-gallowglass.jpg

20110512-120912_100_0908.JPG

(The third one is just a toy for LARPs, but nonetheless, I prefer the one with the straight cutting edge, it's more special)

Please implement. Wiki and Osprey confirm the information this axe was used from 1250 on.

Back
Top Bottom