kuauik's sweatshop ;0)

Users who are viewing this thread

just an idea of mine, copied from another thread regarding "long time ago deleted, but always beloved items"

I don't know, but since there are many item slots left, what about some items "for player only" ???
Items you choose for yourself if you like it's cool look and don't give a damn about historical accuracy in this case !?
Items, that aren't assigned to any troops, but can be used by player and companions !?

I mean I really miss some armours and helmets from the revision 63 and beyond ... Stuff that didn't looked ridiculous,
many Byzantine stuff, like old cataphrakt armour and the byzantine helmets (the ones with the pony tail :wink: ) without that stupid white scarf ...
... really it was my most favourite helmet and now it looks ridiculous  :neutral:

Since it wouldn't destroy or even touch anything (historical accuracy, AI behaviour, balancing, visual appearance) in general,
but only would be an option for the player only connected to personal choice and since it shouldn't mean too much work ---
PLEASE Wouldn't that be possibler to implement ?

Maybe do some votes or collect suggestions and then implement again like 15 helmets and 10 armours or anything similar  ?  :???:

by editing item_kinds1.txt you can add more items. The only things you also could need are the textures and resource files...a little update of modules.ini should also be needed. And surely you have to do this every time one of the edited files is updated by SVN. If you don't have a clue how to do you can firstly exercise by editing open source item mods...there you find mostly a nice description how to include.
But my advice would be to play a bit with the changes you don't like on first view. Maybe you learn to love it more than you think now.

As much I learned over the time about this dev team in the time I played this nice mod...they are not Santa who full fill kiddy's Christmas dreams, they try to make a as much historical mod with gameplay in mind.  :smile:

with an item editor you could. maybe with morghs MB WB editor. there is also another nice editor (had just found 2 as I played a bit around)
to take a look in .brf files openBRF is a nice thing. and to show .dds (textures) you can use gimp 2.0 x32 with the gimp dds plugin. the plugin hadn't work with newer versions for me. But if you have photoshop you don't need gimp.

and no, it's not so hard to understand...just implement an OSP item with the help of it's install manual and play a bit around with an item editor and you should learn the most things.

But as ever...don't implement godlike Items...with cheating you will ever betray someone. on multiplayer you would betray others and on singleplayer you betray yourself.  :wink:
And betraying yourself mostly will result in loosing fun on a game.

And another thing...don't post pictures of your modded game in a mod thread so you don't confuse others.

just wondering. Are we going to see a return of painted great helms? Love the decorated ones but would be even cooler with paint matching the various surcoats..

stefan140 said:
just wondering. Are we going to see a return of painted great helms? Love the decorated ones but would be even cooler with paint matching the various surcoats..

I agree, even if it's just the red one that was removed a little while ago, or some of the painted helms from the old, old revisions like the great helm with the blue zig-zag pattern on it. It would be a nice little increase in variety  :smile:

I would love to have the 3 winged helms and the full face mail coif back in game.
moremaillehats.jpg

Come back kuauik we miss your awesome work! Can I make a few minor texture fix request pretty please?

The knightly/horsemen's heater shield texture does not fit properly and the edges are missing.
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/595877960999235820/790383A27AF5ABB13F99AF5DFE9C37FE30C8FEF0/

Cevello Surcoat - for some reason the cruilles sur coat is displaying on the insides of the Cevello surcoat.
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/595877960999240312/13D96F6D9893CED595A13E34E550AC103D68D546/

thanks

reiksmarshal said:
Come back kuauik we miss your awesome work! Can I make a few minor texture fix request pretty please?

The knightly/horsemen's heater shield texture does not fit properly and the edges are missing.
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/595877960999235820/790383A27AF5ABB13F99AF5DFE9C37FE30C8FEF0/

Cevello Surcoat - for some reason the cruilles sur coat is displaying on the insides of the Cevello surcoat.
http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/595877960999240312/13D96F6D9893CED595A13E34E550AC103D68D546/

thanks

That's the Urgell surcoat actually.

kuauik, do you plan to make correct hospitallers kinghts for 1257? I means, at year 1248, the pope given the priviledge to the order to wear the red tunic. And also this red tunic should be like a feudal tabbard, not like a monk dress.

It should looks something like that if you follow historicity(as you mod start at 1257, they can't wear black monks dresses, the MTW2 mod Broken Crescent token in count this change of colors)
7h.png

sorry, don't know how to get into spoilers

I'm sure not, effectively its not 1248, its 1259, from the decision of Alexander IV, the 11 august 1259.
1278 its the confirmation of the rule, written by Nicolas Lorgne.
I can put the link, though its in french...so.

Edit: I can understand its "limit" to put the red dress at 1257, from another hand, its only 2 years of differences...so saying you past 3 or 4 years ingame, you would need your all new red tabbard thats the pope granted you to wear. :grin:

About 1248, I've mistaken because its the year when they adopted the black tabbard instead the black dress(because its not pratical to wear a dress in fight etc). But definitively 1259 its the year they adopted the red tabbard.
I found a source in english about, its well specified 1259 for the red tabbard at war, and black dress for praising, meditating...etc
7dvr.png

Back
Top Bottom