KO'd in sieges

Users who are viewing this thread

Roran 13

Grandmaster Knight
I was attacking a castle, and told my men to wait behind a cliff, and went archerhutning myself, to prevent casualties, but, unfortunately, got headshotted after killing 1 archer, and had to wait for battle to end. I couldn't retreat because there where enemies close (it always says this, even in battles, when there is only 1 guy left on the other edge of teh map), and since my troops are holding, the battle won't ontinue....

Had to alt+f4 out...

There are some small bugs in the Diplo battle continuation code here and there.
If you add +PBOD that battle continuation/death cam system will be changed to its system without such bugs.

Or:
Caba`drin said:
This should be a fixed mission_templates.txt file to allow battle continuation to work: MediaFire download.
In your ...\Modules\Diplomacy\ folder, backup your mission_templates file and then drop this one in.

For those that mess with the source, this is a one line change in module_mission_templates, within the trigger common_tab_press
    ##diplomacy begin
  (else_try),
      (eq, "$g_dplmc_battle_continuation", 0),
      (this_or_next|main_hero_fallen),  #CABA EDIT/FIX FOR DEATH CAM
      (eq, "$pin_player_fallen", 1),
      (question_box,"str_do_you_want_to_retreat"),
It doesn't appear that Diplo's code is setting $pin_player_fallen correctly, so I just added the line to check for the other way the game tracks the player's state of consciousness. It's worked for me and has allowed continuation to work in the Diplomacy-Custom Commander-et al. compilation of Floris' Expanded Mod Pack.

It isn't listed on zPar's 3.2.2+ thread, but he may have incorporated this bugfix, too.

Same happened to me after I defeated like 200 enemies in castle!

I told them to wait down there but I got killed on the ladder

Back
Top Bottom