SP - Player, NPCs & Troops King's personal retinue

Users who are viewing this thread

Ba18070

Recruit
Hello,
I would like to see it that when you start your own kingdom, you also can outfit a bodyguard of troops. Mercenaries, regular soldiers, companions, whoever you want to choose, you can have a band of up to lets say 20 men that you personally customize like followers- you choose their armaments, equipment and on the battlefield they work to protect you unless you dismiss them to participate in the battle as soldiers of their type.
This would be for well down the line but it feels very fitting that a lord would have a retinue. At the very least a 2-4 character bodyguard squad of highly elite, well paid and elaborately equipped men(or women, even) would be a great thing to add depth and personal customization to your army.
Personally I would have great fun setting up on a hill with 4 men with tower shields and spears shielding me from incoming arrows and cavalry while I just continually kill with my bow, and they hand me the quivers they've got when I run out of arrows. Why else be king if you cant make people carry stuff for you? Or better yet stopping a band of hundreds of looters with just me and my merry men, wading through them in the heaviest armor and making them understand what it feels like to be hit by divine right...and divine lefts too.
The lack of endgame makes this kind of roleplaying necessary so i'd love to see it get expanded on, even if this is definitely a "back burner" project.

Back
Top Bottom