In Progress Kingdom Diplomacy - winning a war and yet no peace

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Yes, I used mods.
Summary: I've been on a fight with Aserai for approx. 90 in game days now. At some point I took nearly 40 prisoners and yet none Khuzait or Aserai want a peace. I took one castle and one city. There is no way Aserai can win more fights but somehow if I want to peace them they demand me to pay them. Even if I would agree the terms my kingdom is keeping the chances of peace to 0% nearly all the time.
How to Reproduce: I don't know. Play the game I guess because this system is broken for every kingdom I play with.
Have you used cheats and if so which: No cheats
Scene Name (if related): N/A
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: RX 5600
GPU Driver Version: I always update to the latest version
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
RAM: 16GB DDR4
Motherboard: Can't remember
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): Can't remember

This isnt a bug, but its poorly implemented imo war/peace for how the AI decide it.
So this shouldnt be posted here, but on the suggestion forums.

The core issue why its so bad is that the AI dont have a limit on how many mercenary parties they can have(this should be capped at 3 at a time for a kingdome max.)(that would help out alot)(I'm not talking out of my ass now, as I've actually tested a play without the merc-companies and then the desire for peace is much higher).

Like as you can see on the Aserai they have how many clans in the kingdome vs yours?
8 Merc clans atm hired by them...
They have each clan 4 parties they can command(merc's have always).
Basically thats 4** = 36 enemy lords more than you.
Meaning that while 30 imprisoned lords seems alot, its not likely that they think so since they overall have so many more still to take of.

The whole mercenary system is imo garbage and actually causes more problems than it solves, as it just prolongs wars, and often to the point where the kingdome will never recover from, instead of haveing gone for peace earlier on.

Then you have the lords in your kingdome who dont see no reason to quit a war they are winning.
Like as you can see your "power lvl" is 17k vs 7k, which basically means you'll be locked in war forever after more or less(you can get peace from what faction, but then anotehr will declare, and most of the time you'll be at war with 2-3 factions at once until you loose more of that "power").

In your case if another faction declares war on Aserai like Western Empire or Southern Empire, then you may get peace, or if you just let them take alot of your lands or alot of your lords are captured.

Threshold for desiring peace should be much lower than it is atm.
Given that for players who dont like "peace" can always instigate war on their own.
While its better now than it was, its still "not good enough" or logical enough.
The AI needs to be much more intrested in peace than they are atm(which they are if you remove the merc-clans).

Basically when a kingdome hires a merc-clan the tribute is like +500 to 1000 in their favor on that screen.
So in this case if there had been no merc hired - you'd prolly have your peace and a tribute of 2-4k.

So this isnt a technical issue, but a flawed imo gamedeisgn decision.

Do you have a save file of session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. For more information regarding how to send us your save files, you can check this thread out. You can find your save file here:
C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves

You can send your save files to us via upload.taleworlds.com site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Do you have a save file of session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. For more information regarding how to send us your save files, you can check this thread out. You can find your save file here:
C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves

You can send your save files to us via upload.taleworlds.com site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!
Just uploaded the save file as requested.

Back
Top Bottom