Kingdom Culture

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey y'all, first off most people already know my opinion of this mod. But I'll restate for those who don't: Its very well put together and adds huge amounts of immersion, which is a huge bonus for me. I absolutely love this mod and everything about it. I was just wondering: when you create a kingdom, is there any way that you can choose the culture of your kingdom troops? So far I have only played one character and my kingdom has almost completely Khergit troops, and I would much rather have some Vaegir class warriors. Its nothing game breaking or everything, I was just wondering. I thought it was ironic that the only faction I was not at war with was the Vaegirs, yet all of my patrols consist of my most hated enemies..

So again, in case anyone forgot the point of this post, is there anyway to designate and/or change your kingdom culture?

Khergit castle yelds Khergit units. Vaegirs come from Vaegir castles. I don't think your capitol city has anything to do with it.
The villages stay as they have always been, granting their own type recruits.

WolframH said:
The villages stay as they have always been, granting their own type recruits.
Nope. My Logistician organized a patrol out of Azgad, which was a Swadian village, but the patrol consisted of Khergit troops. My kingdom is based around Dhirim and Azgad was under Dhirim's zone of control...

I don't know about patrols, but villages will always give out their original faction's troops no matter who owns it.

Again:
Nope. My Logistician organized a patrol out of Azgad, which was a Swadian village, but the patrol consisted of Khergit troops. My kingdom is based around Dhirim and Azgad was under Dhirim's zone of control...

I haven't done much testing with this, but so far it seems random because the player faction isn't a set culture. But I repeat, Azgad is a Swadian village which produced a Khergit patrol. But, I do think it is a random selection of patrols because I have seen a Vaegir patrol group from another village in my kingdom.

I had a Rhodnok kingdom, but virtually all my patrols ended up as Vaegir. I don't have a clue how the patrols work though

It was brought up in the suggestions thread, it is randomly selected.  And unfortunately, how the game code works the type of patrol is selected before the location.  However, in the next patch patrols will be generated based on the original faction of your capital.  It'll only be random if you don't have a capital.  Though that won't stop say... a Swadian based patrol from forming out of an ex-Khergit village.

[quote author=DamienZharkoff]
You do realize Some companions (And the supposed games "story) speak of unifying the groups, right?
[/quote]

It'd also give a nasty surprise to invading armies. When the Swadians come to retake one of their castles , your (captured) swadian village spawns a Rhodok patrol... and we all know how effective they can be against heavy cavalry :smile: .

Tachyon said:
It'd also give a nasty surprise to invading armies. When the Swadians come to retake one of their castles , your (captured) swadian village spawns a Rhodok patrol... and we all know how effective they can be against heavy cavalry :smile: .

o_O

Did I miss something, or are you talking with sarcasm?

I assume he means because of braced spears. But yeah, I thought the Swads were generally stronger than the Rhodoks too...

Durandal said:
I assume he means because of braced spears. But yeah, I thought the Swads were generally stronger than the Rhodoks too...

I have learned that nords are VERY effective against swadians, even the cavalry gets swarmed and torn to shreads

Bunduqdari said:
I thought my own kingdom was underpowered when I was suddenly besieged by 500 men..

Eh, its not underpowered really.. I defended against 300 men ( Council Elder dude) with my 16 companions + 25 or so random castle troops. Pretty hard, but still possible. just give everyone you can a crossbow...

I held off the Council Elder in Almerra using a shabby longbow, a house for cover, and 3 quivers of arrows. And the arrows off of the 20 or so archers I had stationed there.

The Mercenary said:
I thought the Nords were underpowered. :???:

Yeah, I've found the Nords to be the easiest to kill in the open field, even easier than Rhodoks. This is mainly because I play almost full cav, and they have so few spears and their cav is really just infantry on a really slow horse. Rhodoks have the spears to dehorse my cav, which causes more problems. If we're on the topic of strength of relative factions, here's what I'd say, given that I usually play as either Vaegir or Swadian cav:

Open-field difficulty (hardest to easiest):
1. Khergit (just because they're obnoxious and take forever)
2. Swadians (when they have their paladins/crusaders)
3. Vaegirs (nice cav, plus the ivory archers take out horses nicely)
4. Rhodoks (spear walls)
5. Nords

Siege difficulty:
1. Khergit/Vaegir (Khergits have more archers, Vaegirs have stronger archers)
3. Rhodoks (lots of archers of both types)
4. Nords (decent archers, plus throwers and some tough infantry)
5. Swadians (crossbowmen are alright, but nothing special)

As for ease of playing, using my style:
1. Swadians (Paladins are overpowered, even though I nerf the heavy plate armor, and reduce their athleticism and power strike)
2. Vaegirs (Ivory Archers for sieges, Elite Kataphraktos for offense - very nice balance)
3. Khergits (heavy lancers/arbans/lesser khans are alright for my purposes, but I like heavier cav of swadians and vaegirs - also, taking castles in sieges can be tough)
4. Rhodoks/Nords (very rarely play with these as primary - I usually take over one of them first, and then use their units as my siege fodder units).

I don't know if any of this is helpful, as I imagine merc already has her ideas for what is going to be done to balance factions, but I thought I'd throw this out there.

Back
Top Bottom