Khuzait is unplayable on TDM

Users who are viewing this thread

I think spear infantry is one of the strongest units for skirmish infantry.I mean you get 32 armor and the strongest mace in the game with 69 dmg for just 130 points ez clap.If any unit needs a buff it's the Infantry on Vlandia

@Loyal2Odin

"People playing as Khuzait are encouraged to play cavalry because Khuzait is a cavalry faction, sounds logical right?'

sometimes the teams are unbalanced and you have to go the Khuzait to balance the teams, and i wouldnt mind playing cav but bc their movement speed is less then infantry it makes it unplayable when on foot,

i hope they make all classes have the same movement speed and have only the equipment they carry affect speed and also be able to customize your armor choices like in warband (we have to wait for custom servers i know taleworlds has refused to go back to warbands system)

a person should be able to play cavalry and archers while still being able to move at the same speed as infantry so a person can play every role on the battlefield without having to sacrifice speed/foot combat ability

a person should be able to play cavalry and archers while still being able to move at the same speed as infantry so a person can play every role on the battlefield without having to sacrifice speed/foot combat ability

You may have missed this, but there's been an 8+ month long balance tug-of-war for Skirmish Mode because archers could kite away from infantry ad infinitum -just endlessly scoot-n-shooting, and then running some more. Realism/functionality arguments aside, this made playing against such tactics an absolute joyless nightmare and completely screwed up the gameplay balance and aesthetic.

@Loyal2Odin

"People playing as Khuzait are encouraged to play cavalry because Khuzait is a cavalry faction, sounds logical right?'

sometimes the teams are unbalanced and you have to go the Khuzait to balance the teams, and i wouldnt mind playing cav but bc their movement speed is less then infantry it makes it unplayable when on foot,

i hope they make all classes have the same movement speed and have only the equipment they carry affect speed and also be able to customize your armor choices like in warband (we have to wait for custom servers i know taleworlds has refused to go back to warbands system)

I've mentioned this many times, but the class system is the culprit and we all know why. Besides this, TaleWorlds failed with Kherghit Khanate on Warband and will now do the same for Bannerlord. I don't think there is any constructive feedback for this since Horse Archers are just a weird fit for most people. And well, if one Inf class is added to the faction, then one cav class has to be taken away. This results in Khuzait not being a cav oriented faction anylonger, which is not going to happen. TW have no intention of doing this or they would have started with it.

We are now looking at class speeds and all of that class specific buffing and nerfing, which would not have been neccesary if the class system was as it was in Warband.

I don't like that design philosophy one bit myself, I prefer to play infantry all the time and this just adds to the frustration of cavalry spam in TDM. When prices for cavalry are raised this will become a big issue for Khuzait as well.
Yeah I wanna play cav when I wanna play cav. I hopped on TDM alone yesterday for the first time in at least a year. I had to spawn as rabble or archer until I unlocked the lighest cavalry class. In warband I can play whatever class I want whenever I want, what's the deal with that?

In Warband cavalry and more accurate archers are available at all times on TDM, yet it isn’t the hellscape that Bannerlord TDM is due to the classes actually being balanced and Infantry being functional.

Ironic that it’s like this considering one of the main reasons we were told the new class system was coming is that “It WoUlD bE eAsIeR tO BaLaNcE.” 1.5 years now of not being able to figure out you need to lower cavalry speed by 15% across the board. Maybe the people who played your game and tried to warn you were right.

@Hans 77
"You may have missed this, but there's been an 8+ month long balance tug-of-war for Skirmish Mode because archers could kite away from infantry ad infinitum -just endlessly scoot-n-shooting, and then running some more. Realism/functionality arguments aside, this made playing against such tactics an absolute joyless nightmare and completely screwed up the gameplay balance and aesthetic"

i believe a realistic mechanic of movement speed and armor will solve the problem.

taking away different base movement speeds of each class and standardizing speed for everyone will encourage people to try playing as every role on the battlefield, using a bow to kill an annoying archer and mounting a horse (without a speed penalty) and killing the enemy cavalry then dismounting and taking on other infantry on foot with equal stats, speeds, damages etc.

penalizing people for trying to use every weapon and horse on the battlefield means that a person cannot really fight against multiple different types of enemies with each of their corresponding utilities, and will have to monopolize on one, infantry being the most vunerable to harassment, either being shot up by archers as infantry unable to shoot a bow with the same stats ( archery im not sure of the penalities) or being harrassed by cavalry, unable to chase down enemy cavalry even when mounting a horse due to speed penalties.

heavy armor should deflect arrows, making infantry and cavalry ( although cavalry is op right now light cav should take 2-3 arrows and go down but armored cav should be tanks) less vunerable to arrows and kiting

Back
Top Bottom