Kheshigs, Guards of the Leviathan, Oprichniks, Queen's Guards ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Selothi

Baron
Yeah, I see these troops, like two of them, in each faction's capital (Kheshigs for Xanadu, Oprichniks for Ivangorod, Hands of the Pope for Ellis, and Guards of the Leviathan for L'Renouille [doesn't seem to be a Swadian one ?]) but i'm curious as to what they actually are ... I'm guessing the highest troops of the lot, with insane skills. Is it possible to acquire them some way or another, or only through modding, and what's their point if they only appear during one siege, when you won't even recognise them ? Or is it just to make people like me ask stupid questions ? Thank you for your time ...

Those are the regional troops I mention in the features list (different from town troops that you can recruit after joining a faction). The only way to get these is by capturing and getting ownership of the town. It's an old feature, in fact there was an old thread listing these kind of troops in older versions (such thread is outdated now, obviously  :razz:)

I've seen Guard of the Leviathan in Battle myself. Their armour isn't all that great, according to the shops, but In the one or two battles they do seem to be on par with a Cuirassier/Lancer and a tad better.

Of course, my Alayen pwns all.  :roll:

I know the regional troops in the first chapter were ridiculously numbered (after about 100 game days, it was about the norm that cities and their lords would have some 1000 combined troops, have of them regional), however, it now seems like there aren't enough of them to make any difference in a battle.

haven't encountered oprichiniks yet. Encountering cossacks tough, love them so much I'm making my character and hero npc's all cossacks

Back
Top Bottom