Keys for castles?

Users who are viewing this thread

Koror

Sergeant at Arms
What would you think about a feature with keys? I though about this idea to solve the problem like serfs who are not paying the taxes or bandits grabbing weapons without permission.

What keys would exist?

First : The bank key.

This key permits you to close the door of the taxe room so serfs cannot escape without paying. But still he can get to spectator. Well ask him to pay his taxes after his first gold gain.  :mrgreen:

Second : The Armory key.

self explaining. But still, there would be a problem in blue castle...

Third : King's key.

With this key you can Open the door where all the keys are.

Fourth : the castle gate key.

This key is the one to open the maingate (or second gate) of it's castle.

For blue castle it's very simple.

For red, green, white castle: Just put doors on the gate house and the problem is solved.

Please leave your comments about this suggestion with an adapted language  :smile:

wow his completely destroys RP for bandits and serfs... bandits are supposed to break in and steal weapons and serfs are suppose to work and sell

SimmiSumo said:
Too complicated...

It's not really that complicated, but I don't know how it would work in practice. For instance, how do these keys get replaced? Do the doors start unlocked, and when someone buys a key they become lockable?

How do invaders deal with these locked doors?

If the doors could be smashed down and then buying a key would replace the door then this might work.

TheSlightFeelingOfRegret said:
SimmiSumo said:
Too complicated...

It's not really that complicated, but I don't know how it would work in practice. For instance, how do these keys get replaced? Do the doors start unlocked, and when someone buys a key they become lockable?

How do invaders deal with these locked doors?

If the doors could be smashed down and then buying a key would replace the door then this might work.
That was my idea. But don't know how to script that. The doors start unlocked. The keys can be purchased anytime just like leather or iron, so it's absolutly necessary to get the kings key to close that room. But foes can destroy that room so they get access everywhere.

@Krismighty

Why would it destroy it? Killing a doorkeeper as bandit or take the key room without being noticed? And there are always some castle who don't care about taxes for the serfs.

I think I could do it. (Or some of it) Give me awhile, I'll give you a basis on what I have in mind.

EDIT: Never mind... the stupid replace_scene_prop never works for me...

There is a general saying with these kind of mods, I find it to be true most of the time. The more scripts and addons there are, the less RP people do and the more they fiddle about with things and mess about. People would just grief with keys.

I like the idea of having doors on gatehouses, like how some on native have them for siege battles. Except maybe a little different for this mod, they could be locked from the inside of the gatehouse, anyone outside cannot open it unless they break it down. Only the person inside could open it for them.

I'm not sure about keys though...

Mishkin said:
I like the idea of having doors on gatehouses, like how some on native have them for siege battles. Except maybe a little different for this mod, they could be locked from the inside of the gatehouse, anyone outside cannot open it unless they break it down. Only the person inside could open it for them.

I'm not sure about keys though...

It's bad idea to have any place locked from inside - 22nd map already shown that (Town Watch and Town Tavern). It sucks even harder if you have unlimited ammo, healing and money source there...

Yes, if they can be repaired later - otherwise taking castle damage it permanently, which isn't best idea on server which resets once per day...

What about keys for houses? civilians could buy a key that opens doors in a house. Buying the key would be like buying the house.

CalenLoki said:
Yes, if they can be repaired later - otherwise taking castle damage it permanently, which isn't best idea on server which resets once per day...
50k for a door repair and the resistance shouldn't last too long...
Mishkin said:
What about keys for houses? civilians could buy a key that opens doors in a house. Buying the key would be like buying the house.
Yeah if this is possible. But I don't think that there are so many houses where you can get inside. But still, good idea.

This is all a cool idea, but yeah it's too complicated for 90% of the playerbase.
I mean they don't even know how to use the current items/things, in game.

But only ONE key per castle would be nice.. like red key for Red castle, Blue for blue etc. But I dunno then again bandits and random noobs SHOULD be able to open the gates anyway. I dunno.

But a BIG no no for these 100 keys per castle ideas. That just won't go well.

Roikku said:
This is all a cool idea, but yeah it's too complicated for 90% of the playerbase.
I mean they don't even know how to use the current items/things, in game.

But only ONE key per castle would be nice.. like red key for Red castle, Blue for blue etc. But I dunno then again bandits and random noobs SHOULD be able to open the gates anyway. I dunno.

But a BIG no no for these 100 keys per castle ideas. That just won't go well.
Well this can be discussed by the mod devs. Depends how they're gonna decide the complexity of their mod.

But the problem with bandits has already been solved... Either they take the Key room, or they destroy the gates. See site 1.

Never talked about 100 keys per castle but 4  :razz:. I know what you mean : some players appears to have problem with their reasoning. I think, if there would be a changelog of it's version, descriped every details how to use properly this mod, players won't have troubles with the new features

I presume it's simple enough for a door to require an item to open and close.

Having different keys for different doors doesn't sound workable.

The only way I could see this working is do place the key dispenser in the most secluded and defendable place in the castle. And then that key can open all lockable doors for that castle. That way you do not have to guard every corner of your castle with equal effort, rather focus on guarding the key dispenser.

The key dispenser room could be behind a locked door; I can make 1 or 2 temporary key dispensers (outside the main key dispenser room) that disappear on first use.

I suppose I'd have to agree that the locked doors should be destructible (but quite tough) just in case everyone gets locked out. It would be simple enough to have a little button to push to respawn broken doors, for a price. This all depends on whether the spawn_scene_prop command actually works (I haven't had the chance to test it on a dedicated server and I've heard it may be problematic)

Back
Top Bottom