Kastor of Veluca, face to face with King Graveth

Users who are viewing this thread

Brendon

Recruit
Kastor of Veluca was staying at Revadin, a place he usually stays. During that time, Revadin came under siege from the Rhodoks, and the Rhodoks successfully took it. King Graveth thought it was a good idea to rest in the Castle he just captured for a bit, and he found his arch-enemy. What did he do about it? Why, he pretended he wasn't even there. Genius!

(No, I have no screenshots, has this happened to anyone else?)

F%#k Kastor. Usually in those situations, the ***** politicion who ran away was the 'bad guy'  Graveth took command of the Rhodoks to lead the armys against the Khergit raiders, then the men say he should lead.  Sounds legitimate to me.

F$%k Kaster and his 'due process' bullsh!t  that doesnt save lives  :evil:

For all Kastor-haters: he's getting shut down in my game. I was sworn to the Vaegirs, at war with all four factions, and I decided to try to find the Bastard and support him instead. But you can't enter enemy castles, so of course I failed. Learned something though.
At this point I had no choice but to support a claimant that could be found in a Vaegir town, and I landed with Kastor.

We are being utterly crushed. The rebellion has no chance of success at all. I have four armies against me, and lords I turned are getting insubordinate. I suppose the Vaegirs will declare war on us soon.

DaveDaDude said:
F%#k Kastor. Usually in those situations, the ***** politicion who ran away was the 'bad guy'  Graveth took command of the Rhodoks to lead the armys against the Khergit raiders, then the men say he should lead.  Sounds legitimate to me.

F$%k Kaster and his 'due process' bullsh!t  that doesnt save lives  :evil:

I....never thought of it that way.  I always considered Graveth an ass for posing the "I'll protect you if you make me the leader."  But then again, all I have on that is Kastor's word that he won the election.....

This changes my thinking drastically  :shock:

Yet another reason why claimants should be hanging out in the taverns rather than in the castle.

(the other reason is that you can't sneak in to see a claimant if they are hiding in a castle)

It was my understanding that Kastor did win the election, though I see how that could be a gray area since it could also be interpreted that Kastor only won because Graveth showed up with his sword drawn. Regardless, you must notice that Graveth doesn't refute the fact that he seized power, but rather he tries to justify why he did it. If Graveth was half the patriot he thinks he is, he would do his duty in war and uphold the democratic tradition of the Rhodoks. Without that we're no better off than the swadian serfs we once were. Given Graveth's unapologetic explanation and the fact that he is willing (according to Kastor, but again, not refuted by Graveth) to threaten to bide his time and let the Khergits advance unopposed unless he is elected King, well that's not the kind of man I want to support.

As an aside, while some of the Rhodok lords are probably just as self concerned and corrupt as Graveth says they are, I have faith that most really do have the best interests of their people in mind.

Zima said:
It was my understanding that Kastor did win the election, though I see how that could be a gray area since it could also be interpreted that Kastor only won because Graveth showed up with his sword drawn. Regardless, you must notice that Graveth doesn't refute the fact that he seized power, but rather he tries to justify why he did it. If Graveth was half the patriot he thinks he is, he would do his duty in war and uphold the democratic tradition of the Rhodoks. Without that we're no better off than the swadian serfs we once were. Given Graveth's unapologetic explanation and the fact that he is willing (according to Kastor, but again, not refuted by Graveth) to threaten to bide his time and let the Khergits advance unopposed unless he is elected King, well that's not the kind of man I want to support.

As an aside, while some of the Rhodok lords are probably just as self concerned and corrupt as Graveth says they are, I have faith that most really do have the best interests of their people in mind.

Actually no. Kastor did not win the election yet, the council from all the towns were considering the options, so he wasn't even voted in yet. King Graveth said that a Swadian Raiding party was going to come onto the field they were deciding on, and that if he was not picked, he would leave them to their fate. King Graveth said that he needed to disregard tradition for the sake of security at the moment, as the country could have been destroyed with all the Council members dying.

All the Claimants have good arguments, and the kings have just as good arguments as well to back it up. Like with King Yaroglek and The Bastard Claimant, how the Bastard was the real king, King Yaroglek does admit that it is his real brother, but that the father never made a real decision, and that if every claimant had a dispute, there would always be a constant state of Civil war between them.

It's your choice to decide who is right or wrong. The only Claimants argument I like the best is Lady Issola of Suno.

I made sure to hedge my bets as far as wether or not Kastor had been chosen yet when I typed out how I felt about it and hoped I was remembering correctly about Kastor being elected, but ah well. As I said earlier, even without Kastor being chosen first enough of my thinking stands that I'd still support him over Graveth.

You're absolutely right that everyone is free to decide on their own who to support, and that kings and claimants all have fair arguments to back up their postions. I know there a lot of people that don't like Kastor out there, but at least Lethwin Far Seeker seems even less popular. :lol:

Most claimants have a legitimate claim to the throne. Kastor's claim is ****, he is a ***** politician, Graveth cares for the people, fights for them.

Prince Zanyr said:
Most claimants have a legitimate claim to the throne. Kastor's claim is ****, he is a ***** politician, Graveth cares for the people, fights for them.

Never thought of it that way, well said said Prince Zanyr!

Prince Zanyr said:

Sure, Graveth cares so much that he's willing to let an enemy raiding party attack his countrymen unless he is proclaimed to be king. In doing so, he removed the Democratic precedent and likely will have replaced it a new tradition of thuggery and usurpation. Graveth is a despot in the guise of a hero.

For those wondering about the election, there wasnt one.  The day of the election, a horde of Khergits appeared outside the city walls, Kastor was the only one present to be elected by the council since Graveth wasnt there. But before they could vote *for the one candidate*  Graveth burst in, telling the room they needed every man to come out and fight off the Khergits.

So they followed him out to fight and win, the council then without officially voting, followed Graveths leadership, and Kastor, had a cry about it and left.

By what Graveth tells you, Kastor never even tried to stand up to Graveth or dispute the claim in person, he just goes to another town and waits for you to come along before he even shows defiance towards Graveth.

Graveth  >  Kastor

DaveDaDude said:
For those wondering about the election, there wasnt one.  The day of the election, a horde of Khergits appeared outside the city walls, Kastor was the only one present to be elected by the council since Graveth wasnt there. But before they could vote *for the one candidate*  Graveth burst in, telling the room they needed every man to come out and fight off the Khergits.

So they followed him out to fight and win, the council then without officially voting, followed Graveths leadership, and Kastor, had a cry about it and left.

By what Graveth tells you, Kastor never even tried to stand up to Graveth or dispute the claim in person, he just goes to another town and waits for you to come along before he even shows defiance towards Graveth.

Graveth  >  Kastor

Well that answers a lot for me, I guess I mis-read the story.  And here all along I felt that King Yaroglek had the only "right" claim to the throne while the rest were just posers and usurpers.

The Vaigers and Swadians are Usurpers, theyre rebel factions that overthrow the province of Calradia from the 'old empire'

Khergits and Nords are invading factions from other lands taking advantage of the situation.

The Rhodoks are a independant democratic country as old as the old empire that still trades with the remnants of the old empire.

Thats why the Rhodoks are the only good guys  :mrgreen:

DaveDaDude said:
The Vaigers and Swadians are Usurpers, theyre rebel factions that overthrow the province of Calradia from the 'old empire'

Khergits and Nords are invading factions from other lands taking advantage of the situation.

The Rhodoks are a independant democratic country as old as the old empire that still trades with the remnants of the old empire.

Thats why the Rhodoks are the only good guys  :mrgreen:

Guess that's what I get for not showing up till version 1.003.  Puts the new-person hat on.

Back
Top Bottom