Just Realized

Users who are viewing this thread

Mkhedari said:
Wait, what?  I never knew that, thanks!
You can use Ctrl+move button to move troops at once from party to garrison and vice versa. Or manage your captives.

Shift does the same as Ctrl but in increments of 10 instead of all.

You can run away from those damned village/city ambushes, at least in Brytenwalda you can...  I always play the smart intellectual who is useless in combat, and I still haven't figured out the hand to hand system...

I better focus more on 'athletics' and less on 'riding'....  Surviving a battle ain't a problem when you can command your 100 soldiers to huddle around you....  much better than getting ambushed on the john....

Kharille said:
You can run away from those damned village/city ambushes, at least in Brytenwalda you can...  I always play the smart intellectual who is useless in combat, and I still haven't figured out the hand to hand system...

I better focus more on 'athletics' and less on 'riding'....  Surviving a battle ain't a problem when you can command your 100 soldiers to huddle around you....  much better than getting ambushed on the john....

And you can avoid all the ambushes by not going in between dusk and early morning.

Just realized that it's a far better tactic to let your friends engage the ennemy and join the battle to help them than to engage yourself.

You'll get:
credits for victory
loot
prisonners
the lord who engaged will appreciate

You won't get:
all foreign lords hating you

Opiacee said:
Just realized that it's a far better tactic to let your friends engage the ennemy and join the battle to help them than to engage yourself.

You'll get:
credits for victory
loot
prisonners
the lord who engaged will appreciate

You won't get:
all foreign lords hating you
Didn't know the last one. Excellent. Another reason to let allies engage first, is that no one else will join that fight. Thereby you can defeat a lot of enemies piecemeal instead of having 1 huge battle.

Just learned about this late 2014.

While at a Town, Village, and Castle menu, you can access:

I - Inventory
P - Party
C - Character Screen
Q - Quest
etc...

Before, I had to quit to overview map just to access those hotkeys.

1) It's possible to access party screen (press P) and inventory screen (press I) while on the "Charge the enemy" screen.  It works during every stage of a multi-stage battle. 

I find it useful in big battles.  You can level up your troops or companions, and you can change who spawns with you by reordering them on the party screen.  Also, you can switch your weapon loadout in case you forgot something.  I tend to move my companions down the list when they get wounded after several initial rounds.  This way I spawn with fresh troops and I still have a medic to "resurrect" me in case I go down.

It does not work for sieges and village raids and when you join a battle, so be aware of that. 

2)  You can level up during battle.  Press C.

3) It's possible to tell your troops to retreat.  You can spare your medic this way.  Again, due to faulty pathfinding, it won't work for sieges.

4) The enemy AI will always try to face you.  If you position your troops behind the castle during a siege assault, they will try to face them and expose their backs or sides to a cheesy smart player.

After you kill enough of them, they will try to charge.  If they can get out of the castle you should be able to kill them easily as they slowly trickle down towards your troops.  If they can't get out they will stupidly jump around behind the ladder with their shields down.  Keep some "mules".  Mules are cheap crossbowmen/archers or companions.  You tell them to hold fire at the beginning of the battle (separate category, if found necessary).  Then you aim at their head, tell them to fire at will, kill them and take their arrows/bolts.

This tactic does not work very well with siege towers.  Your AI will try to push the tower no matter what you tell them, but it's possible to try and stuck them somewhere.  I used it for Harringoth Castle successfully.

5)  It's possible to look through walls.  You press against the wall and try to look up and around.  Very often you can see above you and check if there is an AI hidden there waiting for your move.

6)  Your companions battle performance depends mostly on their equipment and weapon proficiency.  Power strike or Iron flesh matter very little in comparison.

7)  Horses' acceleration is tied to their maneuverability stat. 

:cool:  Enemies will not "Sally out" from the castle if there is no lord healthy enough to lead them.  Even if they have overwhelming odds. 

9)  The AI will have to mount a siege if there is at least one soldier in the garrison.  He can be wounded, it still counts.

10)  You don't need Prisoner Management skill to capture lords.

Well, that's enough for now.

Just realized you can sell prisoners through your Constable in Diplomacy. He only gives Ramun prices of 50d per prisoner, but it's nice to don't have to go to Tihr to sell those low value looters and recruits.

I'd seen it quote often too, but when I couched off three shields in succession I made the connection.

Actually, thinking about it, it's probably affected by damage dealt. I've experienced instant cooldown before when hitting really weak horses. And the shields I hit just now weren't that strong either.

I didn't know about a chest in Dramug Castle!

Here are some funny glitches you can try out.

In most of the Sarranid prisons within cities, you can go in, turn to the right where there is a curved arch, stand right next to it, jump, and it will teleport you to the other side of the arch.

In the Lord's hall of Shariz, you can go behind, go up stairs, go to the right. You will then see a beanbag looking thing on the ground. Jump ontop of the ledge its next to, and then from there, try to jump to the ledge over the door. It sends you flying right next to where the Lords gather at the table.

Go to the tavern in Veluca. go up stairs, and 2 railings meet. Jump on one, and from their, jump to the other one. It will teleport you above the tavern xD.

MY FAVORITE: (VERY USEFUL)

This isn't really a glitch, but you can take down a castle really easily with it. Jameyyed Castle is built into a mountain. It is possible to go to either side, climb the mountain, and then go back down into the castle without using the siege ladder. Then, you get free pickings!

Everything accept the Castle siege is a glitch that will not always work. You have to do it a lot, and get lucky.

jacobhinds said:
I'd seen it quote often too, but when I couched off three shields in succession I made the connection.

Actually, thinking about it, it's probably affected by damage dealt. I've experienced instant cooldown before when hitting really weak horses. And the shields I hit just now weren't that strong either.
  I started paying attention to this effect, and it's not consistent for me.  Sometimes I get instant cooldown, sometimes I don't.  I don't know what triggers it.  Could be that the shield needs to be weak. 

But I've had it with horses, actual bodies, and trees, and for varying times. What's annoying is that it's hard to test, and the amount of lance situations you could end up in, or factors you could fail to take into accoun,is pretty high. Does weapon weight affect it? Some arbitrary skill like weapon master or riding?

I want to believe it isn't completely random, but I've got the impression that is sort of is.

Back
Top Bottom