Just give up and start over at this point

Users who are viewing this thread

progress on the game was essentially scrapped at least once in the intervening years so counting from Warband's release date isn't meaningful to begin with. You've been given lots of leeway to come here and winge, the least you could do is be honest with it.
Is that supposed to deflect from the main point? Yes, they had to scrap the game at some point is apparent, and I am sure they had valid reason to do so, but this is completely their own fault. People can twist if however they want, but the decision was theirs and no one else, no hand was forced onto them and their incapability to see the current engine they had was not capable enough for the vision they had is completely their fault.

It counts towards the same game, they didn't create some off shoot with the thing they scrapped, it remained the same game title and thus should be treated as part of the development of the game and not a "split".

Completely the result of a hyper successful marketing campaign carried almost entirely by Warband's success.
Out of 187000 reviews 147000 reviewers have played for more than 100 hours. 87% of those reviews are positive. These are the facts. I know that this forum likes to be negative, but that only works as long as you ignore reality.

That's what people were saying about No Man's Sky. Now look at it.
HelloGames overhyped (thanks to Sony) the game, they were a real indie studio with only a few devs. The game sucked when it was released, HelloGames stayed quiet and worked on the game and delivered, it took some time but after that every patch was a major improvement. The game now has more features than it had when it was announced. HelloGames worked together with the community (they also received a ****storm of course) and made a very good game out of the original mess.

TalesWorld overhyped the game, they were/are not a real indie studio with only a few devs. The EA release version was a pre alpha and should have been called Placeholder Buglord - Broken the Game. There was no ****storm, the white knights were already defending the small indie company which made millions with the EA release. Progress was slow at the beginning but there were regulary minor patches. Communication was bad but there was some at least. Hyped feature pre release got canceled because of reasons. Progress got even slower, the community got ignored, often requested features just denied. Progress got even slower, game had to be delayed and it went into the second EA year. Progress again slowed down, communication was stopped, it´s eat **** and die. No end it sight...delayed until infinity because of no progress.

That´s the difference.

TW = bad company, avoid if possible
HelloGames = good company

I think people in this forum severely misunderstand how producing a game work, and it's difficulties.

Again, before you call me a fanboy, in general terms I do not like Bannerlord (at least how it plays right now), but I do not hate Taleworlds or do I criticize the game for being in production for so much time. These guys decided to build an engine. Every area depends on it, while some things can be advanced on, working with an engine being built on the side means you have to put a halt in some works. That means the production will take longer, specially for an indie dev studio. Not to mention they had to later switch engines which is a headache on its own. The work this company did is not gratuitous, the time they took is not just because they were just tripping with opioids in their offices, there was a lot of work made. Now, I don't like a lot of mechanics, that is my opinion on the game design here, that doesn't mean we need to undermine the work they've done, or to question they work at all. We don't need to do that to criticize the company.

HelloGames overhyped (thanks to Sony) the game, they were a real indie studio with only a few devs. The game sucked when it was released, HelloGames stayed quiet and worked on the game and delivered, it took some time but after that every patch was a major improvement. The game now has more features than it had when it was announced. HelloGames worked together with the community (they also received a ****storm of course) and made a very good game out of the original mess.

TalesWorld overhyped the game, they were/are not a real indie studio with only a few devs. The EA release version was a pre alpha and should have been called Placeholder Buglord - Broken the Game. There was no ****storm, the white knights were already defending the small indie company which made millions with the EA release. Progress was slow at the beginning but there were regulary minor patches. Communication was bad but there was some at least. Hyped feature pre release got canceled because of reasons. Progress got even slower, the community got ignored, often requested features just denied. Progress got even slower, game had to be delayed and it went into the second EA year. Progress again slowed down, communication was stopped, it´s eat **** and die. No end it sight...delayed until infinity because of no progress.

That´s the difference.

TW = bad company, avoid if possible
HelloGames = good company
Sorry bro, but this is a completely biased view that's not based on anything. You would have said Hello Games was a trash company a few years ago too, Taleworlds made bad choices but it's not a bad and greedy company, if they didn't cared for the game nor it's community they would have left production long ago, they are still working on the game. We would have micro transactions on multiplayer already based on what you say

We know that this game has been started again at least 2-3 times and the current version is from 2016-2017.
The fact they have had to throw everything out and start over (at least once) is the exact thing I’ve been complaining about the entire time.

This isn't true. It's a myth that's been circulating around for years now. By about 2016, most of the mechanics and assets were complete, you can even see them in videos, and the engine itself has changed very little since then. I've asked developers and they have told me that there was no such "throwing out of everything" and I've never seen any evidence of it whatsoever, so it baffles me that so many people have decided this is true.

Just out of curiosity though, I would like to know where you heard it from.

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity though, I would like to know where you heard it from.
Most people base it on this quote:

It explains why Bannerlord has been so long in the making. “We are trying to make the best game we possibly can,” says Ali Erkin, TaleWorlds’ managing director, “and this unfortunately has meant going back to the design board in certain cases, rethinking certain features, or rewriting a piece of code that doesn’t perform as well as it should.” By way of an example, Erkin reveals that the character development system has been reworked three times from scratch. “When all is done and we see a system working really well, we feel that it was worth the extra time and effort,” Erkin continues. “While we missed our 2016 target, we are confident we’ll be able to get the game out in some form this year.”

from https://www.gamebanshee.com/news/118761-mount-blade-ii-bannerlord-preview-yasmin.html

Certainly, not re-starting from scratch with the whole engine.

One can only wonder what 'getting the game out in some form' in 2017 would have delivered to an unsuspecting world.

Last edited:
Console port and optimization over the PC development after making a ****load of money, not that greedy...
Selling a game in all consoles is a standard for any game that wants to be successful and known. I agree it's not the right time to do console ports, but I don't think you know how much it costs to make a videogame and to maintain a videogame studio. Why do you think people even sell their houses to maintain a videogame alive, why wouldn't they want to make a console port at all? A console port is not equal to microtransactions, not even close to it, it's not even in the same sphere.

I understand turning into a complete hater is a way to cope with disappoinment, I think most of us in these forums turned to it after seeing how poor the game is in many areas, but at this point, we know Taleworlds is not a ****ty company, just a company that makes odd choices that restricts their own game and keeps it away from full filing it's full potential, that doesn't make Taleworlds bad, that doesn't compares Taleworlds into EA or Ubisoft any big company that literally even bullies their own employees (which isn't the case, everyone that works there says even Armagan works with everyone in the offices, not something you see nowadays in big studios), not to mention they don't have a huge millionaire backup.

It's time to leave that bias behind, at this point is just blind gamer rage that leads nowhere, I know me personally have been incredibly hater troll too, because it was fun and distractive, but now it just got old, the game is what it is, not bad, not good, sadly average, but the game is still being worked on, all we can do it's to insist more on suggestions and less on trashing Taleworlds with 500 threads, it's pure stagnation

Last edited:
I think people in this forum severely misunderstand how producing a game work, and it's difficulties.
Maybe you are doing this is as well, misunderstanding how game making works.
Again, before you call me a fanboy, in general terms I do not like Bannerlord (at least how it plays right now), but I do not hate Taleworlds or do I criticize the game for being in production for so much time. These guys decided to build an engine. Every area depends on it, while some things can be advanced on, working with an engine being built on the side means you have to put a halt in some works.
This is just a wild guess. They were building an engine and couldn't do anything else while building it? Even if you have no engine the artists could work.
In reality, they were rewriting an engine they already did TWICE in the previous M&Bs, they didn't start with nothing - and I bet they had very good ideas how to do it quickly and build a working version.
The engine building is an iterative process. Once you have a working version, every other part of the team could work with it. And then you keep improving it. You don't wait for the engine to be perfect and complete.
That means the production will take longer, specially for an indie dev studio.
100+ employees and 30 strong team is not an indie dev studio. The industry estimates for developing a game with a custom engine is 3-5 years, so they should have finished the game somewhere in 2016. As it is, it's still not finished in 2022. There are simply no excuses for this.
Not to mention they had to later switch engines which is a headache on its own.
They didn't switch engines twice, they rewrote parts of them. It's a headache, but not that great.
The work this company did is not gratuitous, the time they took is not just because they were just tripping with opioids in their offices, there was a lot of work made.
According to former employees and interns on Glassdoor, they were too slow and relaxed, with no pressure and deadlines, so they might as well have been on opioids. Even the best developers are unproductive if their bosses keep telling them there's no hurry.
One can only wonder what 'getting the game out in some form' in 2017 would have delivered to an unsuspecting world.
It would have delivered an earlier wake up call for Taleworlds. Because in order to release, you need to address critical issues urgently. When you are not in a hurry these issues can be kept unaddressed with no great consequences.

Last edited:
is this because of the supposed spaghetti code in the game?

1.7.2 started lagging my game in areas where it did not use to lag before.

The fact they have had to throw everything out and start over (at least once) is the exact thing I’ve been complaining about the entire time. It’s the mark of incompetence when you realize that the game is so busted that you have to start all over. Whether that was once or twice or ten times during development, what I’m saying is that they are at the exact same point now. It’s something that is just too far gone to be fixed in a reasonable timeframe (less than 30 years based on their work ethic). Why is it okay for them to have tossed everything out in say 2014, but not now? They’ve done it before and apparently you’re giving them a pass for doing so, as you say it isn’t “meaningful” to count from before they scrapped it. So, if this method is okay then, why not now?
As Hinds said, they rewrote parts of their engine. They even said so several times. What work was done which was dependent on those parts had to be redone, and since it was still quite early in development there wasn't a whole lot of that work to be redone. Is it accurate to say they tossed out a lot of their work? Kinda-sorta, but only if you can make a distinction between engine work and development of the game on that engine. To say that they are "at the exact same point now" isn't just disingenuous, it's a flat-out lie, and you know what?

You've been warned many times before about spreading disinformation and lies on this platform. You've been warned many times for posting trolling/bait threads on this platform. Congratulations, your enduring legacy on this platform is as the impetus for creation of a list for tracking repeat offenders of this kind. You're done.

I platinumed Noman's sky on my PlayStation at it's release and have never played it again. I thought it was good enough. I also enjoyed Death Stranding.
I should probably play them both again now that they've been enhanced...... but that Bannerlord beta's a come'n any week now?
The problem that No Man's Sky had was the same problem that Cyberpunk, Bannerlord and Battlefield2042 had. They promised features that we're never gonna see the light of day. They we're marketed with a ton of content and options, which i'm sure were all once on the roadmap, but cut due to knowledge and time constraints.

So while NMS, BL, CP and BF2042 we're all okay/good games at launch, they weren't what people expected because the company overpromised and/or underdelivered.

But NMS made a spectaculair comeback, CP is doing it right and BL is also on the mend. BF2042 can bite the dust for all I care.

Nah dawg, the base game is pretty solid, the only problem is that there are missing features and a lot of the ones that are there are quite shallow. They need to add a whole load of fluff to the game, but there hasn't been any solid information that they're actually planning on that which is a bit of a shame.

Nah dawg, the base game is pretty solid, the only problem is that there are missing features and a lot of the ones that are there are quite shallow. They need to add a whole load of fluff to the game, but there hasn't been any solid information that they're actually planning on that which is a bit of a shame.
TBH that seems to be the 'issue' with SP bannerlord right now. The core functions are actually pretty stable - it's just missing personality; it feels soulless. However on TW's roadmap alone there's a few features that should help with this dramatically;
  • Voice Acting
  • Cinematics
  • Claimant Quests
Hopefully they should all add some much needed 'life' to the game.

Back
Top Bottom