Just bought the game. What now?

Users who are viewing this thread

ryuuguu

Recruit
I had MB and Warband and I saw With Fire and Sword on steam for 4$ so I decided to buy it (I wasn't sure it was worth it before but eh...for 4$ I'll try it).
Anyway, I was wondering what are some key mods (visual or gameplay) that I needed it needed to install? Mostly I just want some visual mods to make it look decent.
Also is there there anything I need to know about WFS coming from Warband? Like what troops are good and such any sort of major changes (economic or otherwise).

Mods: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,194604.0.html

Get lots of marksmen and cavalry. I haven't gotten other infantry as I fear they will be mowed down by firearms in seconds.

Also using Medium or Large grenades is great, you can easily remove 50 enemies from the start of a battle (which is when they all cluster).

Master120 said:
Mods: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,194604.0.html

Get lots of marksmen and cavalry. I haven't gotten other infantry as I fear they will be mowed down by firearms in seconds.

Also using Medium or Large grenades is great, you can easily remove 50 enemies from the start of a battle (which is when they all cluster).

To add onto his advice, I suggest you head over to the Swedish area (Light Blue) and pick up around 5 Marksmen, they have good armor. Then pick up 5 Cavalry, that should be enough to handle most enemies.

Don't worry about grenades for now, they are VERY expensive and are really only useful late-game when you get into faction battles.

My advice is to trade. Get enough money to send a caravan, pick 2 guards, then follow it to it's destination. They make a LOT of money in the long run.

Thanks. I was able to get about 15k from trades pretty fast(although money is worth a lot less than in warband...) by just alt tabbing and sending guarded merchant caravans. But I'm finding very little to actually fight. I guess you have to join a faction if you want to battle.

ryuuguu said:
Thanks. I was able to get about 15k from trades pretty fast(although money is worth a lot less than in warband...) by just alt tabbing and sending guarded merchant caravans. But I'm finding very little to actually fight. I guess you have to join a faction if you want to battle.

Yeah, that's true, once you get a little into the early game it becomes really hard to find bandits for some reason...just keep sending caravans until you've got plenty of cash, then start doing jobs for the various mayors and lords to get your renown up. Once you hit around 150 renown, sign up to your favorite faction as a merc until you become a vassal.

Back
Top Bottom