Jock's Compie Troubles

Users who are viewing this thread

So I reinstalled my Windows and now my computer doesn't have a sound driver nor does it recognize my speakers or headphones.

I tried for find drivers for the ATI Function Driver for HD Audio ATI AA01 but no help and I can't remember what drivers I had before.

Pics:
dXghj.jpg

xnUtY.jpg

WAT DO

Edit - Updated my motherboard drivers and now it shows AMD HD Audio Device under Sound tab in Device Manager.
Edit2 - Found some driver for it, but it's not right. Least it doesn't give me the No Audio Output Device error here anymore, but there's no sound and it wont recognize my speakers still.
QShsy.jpg

I remember I had some C-Media driver but can't remember it's type.
Any help would be appreciated.

Edit 3 - Got it working, took a bit fiddling, had to open my computer case and see what sound card I have n' **** but it was worth it. :3
/solved

New problem. Reinstalled Windows, everything seems to be fine, except two things: When playing or watching videos in windowed mode, the sound is distorted and I'm getting FPS lags down to 20 FPS. When watching videos or playing in full screen, everything's fine. Wat do? Both my graphics and sound drivers are up to date.

I'm not sure if that'd help. I can listen to music and play games fine in full screen. It's distorted and laggy when doing anything in windowed mode and when scrolling or clicking on something while there's music playing.
Going to try the codec, though.

Edit - No help.

If using another video player doesn't work (I use windows media player classic) I am out of ideas.

I had to get new codecs recently since I had an old one on my usb drive so when I reformatted just used those and then a few applications didn't seem to like the old ones.

I assume he fixed that since the first post. If you now have W7 it should at least locate all the drivers for your system.

I have some C-Media graphics card, it's awful and old, but it worked with my last Windows installation and it works perfectly when in fullscreen.

Kevlar said:
I assume he fixed that since the first post. If you now have W7 it should at least locate all the drivers for your system.
Still got Vista.

Today when I was playing Warband (works in full screen with sounds n' all), I alt-tabbed and got the BSOD. Any idea as to why stuff works in full screen and not in windowed mode?

Back
Top Bottom