Javelins should stack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Balor

Recruit
Subj. When you have a four heaps of javelins (of similar type, of course), their ammo count should read as 28, not forcing you to switch weapons each time you thrown away a stack of 7 javelins.
Also, it would be nice to be able to attack with them in hand-to-hand combat - for much less damage and in rather close range, of course.
Hmm, also they should be give a bonus vs shields - after all, they DID have a bonus vs shields in RL - thrown spears, like Roman pilum, were constructed so they will embed itself in the shied, weighting it down to the point of being unusable.

I don't know about this.

One of the things that makes the combat interesting is limited ammunition (and the sweet concept of you getting it back after the fight).

If you could just pile on the ammo, then you could charge around on a horse endlessly and kill everything at range.

*blink-blink* I guess you don't understand. Reread my post you you'll find that I suggested nothing of that sort, only an improvement in the interface.

Balor said:
*blink-blink* I guess you don't understand. Reread my post you you'll find that I suggested nothing of that sort, only an improvement in the interface.

Oh, sorry. I read it wrong. My bad.

Well... javelins are not really walkings sticks... one can carry a few of them, but there is no way one could carry tens of javelins around. I think the current system is quite realistic.

Doh.... Grr... You CAN carry up to 28 of them now. BUT you have to switch weapons (not get them from your baggage - put just press [ or ] ) each time you finished with each stack (7) of them.
So, instead of just throwing them 28 times, you must:
Throw 7 times.
Change weapon.
Throw 7 times.
Change weapon.
Throw 7 times.
Change weapon.
Throw 7 times.
You see? That's the point. Missles (arrows or bolts) stack. Javelins doesn't, and it makes no sence.

I'd say that the ammo should stack, but each set of javs should still take up a full slot. I gotta say that I don't really see the advantage of using javelins, though. Using the same amount of spaces, you'll be able to hold 6 or even 10 more arrows or bolts than javelins.

Of course it should! Where did I say otherwise? See my previous post :razz:
And javelins (and their stronger counterpart, especially) are much more powerful then bows, can be used from horseback, can be thrown rather fast and, I guess, should be given a bonus vs shields.

Its meant to have limited ammunition, so you should probably take a melee weapontype along with Throwing Weapons.

You can already use 2 spots for 2 stacks of javelins compared to the 1 bow and 1 arrow stack (or 2 if you are using 2h sword or just don't want to use a shield) or the 1 xbow and 1 bolt stack.

Balor said:
Doh.... Grr... You CAN carry up to 28 of them now. BUT you have to switch weapons (not get them from your baggage - put just press [ or ] ) each time you finished with each stack (7) of them.
So, instead of just throwing them 28 times, you must:
Throw 7 times.
Change weapon.
Throw 7 times.
Change weapon.
Throw 7 times.
Change weapon.
Throw 7 times.
You see? That's the point. Missles (arrows or bolts) stack. Javelins doesn't, and it makes no sence.

I see what you are saying, I don't know if the developers intended this or not, but it is kind of unfair to thowing weapon users considering Bow and Xbow users don't have to switch ammo slots so to speak.

This would be very nice. When you've got a dark knight coming at you at full speed, the last thing you need is to accidently switch over to your second set of javelins instead of pulling out your shield and blade to block.

I definantly ran through this problem. All you haters out there, it's much more satisfying to see a thick pole run through somebodies face at 20mph.

Back
Top Bottom