No knife slot?

Users who are viewing this thread

light6486

Recruit
Pretty much every warrior carried a knife/dagger since knife doesn't weight much and doesn't hinder movement. It bothers me since it's such a missed opportunity.
I think this game could be better if you had a 5th weapon slot reserved only for knives, because frankly does anyone even uses a knife right now?

My usual loadout is:
1h/bastard sword (120-125 length for horseback, so it's slow)
Tall heater shield
10 javelins
10 javelins

There is just no space for knife, but knife could be very handy in infantry close quarters with it's fast speed. Currently there is just no reason to take a knife over a mace or short sword with 100 speed. Knife biggest advantage was always it's compactness, so it's a shame we don't have that in the game in a form of dedicated slot.

Last edited:
I think this game could be better if you had a 5th weapon slot reserved only for knives, because frankly does anyone even uses a knife right now?
In civilian outfit for prisonbraks i find the knife most useful.
But in combat. If they made weapons realistic and be able to break. Oh yes the knife would be a must.

In actual medieval battles, heavy armoured foot knights, who fought each other, would resort to knives to find gaps in their opponents armour ..so in other words, all other weapons were useless in close combat and they used knives to "open the oyster" :grin:

Of course, in this game, they would need more animations etc which may not appeal to Console Kiddies.

I want a slot on the horse.
A slot on the horse and a built in knife slot would be nice. Battles are so fast that it really isn't necessary though. I personally wish the battle maps were much larger, with no magic find enemy button, and required scouting/line of sight on the enemy. Maybe you could actually employ some strategy and tactics. Your baggage train where you could swap out gear replacing the old Warband chest.

+10000000000000
And I want the knife or dagger in its place, at the waist on the opposite side of the sword.

Last edited:
I personally wish the battle maps were much larger, with no magic find enemy button, and required scouting/line of sight on the enemy.
Any improvments would be nice. But since it's not urgent, TW may put it into consideration after they run out of their ideas.

Back
Top Bottom