Italy at War.

Users who are viewing this thread

Good enough: the thing is, I'm not the one creating the buildings, I'm responsible for getting them together and edditing the AI mesh.  :wink:
Though I'll see what I can do if this lousy scene edditing stops messing around with the level of the terrain I make.

Hey Italian Pizza is tasty, but you have to try more other kind of foods we have here (and... wines)  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Rath0s said:
Angorod said:
Hey Italian Pizza is tasty, but you have to try more other kind of foods we have here (and... wines)  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I forgot to mention pasta bolognese. Im not much of a wine guy, im more a beer guy. :grin:

It's quite difficult to recognize what dish you are referring to, I think italian name are different.

We use to have many different kinds of dishes and usually their are very different from place to place.

I now foreigners use to consider Italy a whole but there are very big differences between a place and another.

What I'm saying is: I don't really understand what "pasta bolognese" is, it maybe everything!

Ambalon said:
Well, give me something possible to scene (not the castelo del monte, which would require stupid ammounts of time, if possible to do at all) and some buildings and I can start mah work.

Castel del Monte it's important for its unique octagonal shape, it has a courtyard and the picture posted some time ago it's not so clear.

Well the most places I have been in the world calls it Pasta Bolognese, but I have not been to Italy.  :razz:

They are usually served like this, with parmesan cheese on.

italian-ragu.jpg

Rath0s said:
Well the most places I have been in the world calls it Pasta Bolognese, but I have not been to Italy.  :razz:

They are usually served like this, with parmesan cheese on.

italian-ragu.jpg

It seems to be "pasta al ragù".

Ragù it's a meat-based sauce (gravy? don't know what's the correct english word...) and there are many kind of "ragù": there is the "ragù alla bolognese" (it's the one you're referring to, I think) but there are also other kinds with even different kind of meat (it can be cow or pig but also rabbit, duck, boar...).

Do you want a recipe?

(I think it's a little OT but you're the admin so...)

The pasta itself is ok, but I only need the right meat.

Give me this recipe.  :grin:

Its my sub forum, I am the moderator of it, but lets not get too offtopic tho.  :razz:

CinuzIta said:
il ragù infatti è bolognese...ed appunto per questo viene anche chiamata pasta alla bolognese :razz:

Sapevo anch'io così, solo che sai come siamo fatti noi italiani: "ogni cosa è stata inventata vicino a casa mia, non tua!" credo sia una delle frasi più comuni...e poi esistono decine di ragù diversi ormai: se mi parli di "pasta alla bolognese" penso al ragù (con un po' di fantasia) ma è un'espressione che usano gran poche persone da noi.

Ora correggi la mia ricetta se sbaglio!

Rath0s said:
The pasta itself is ok, but I only need the right meat.

Give me this recipe.  :grin:

Its my sub forum, I am the moderator of it, but lets not get too offtopic tho.  :razz:

Take carrot, onion and celery, mince them and put the mixture in a pot with olive oil on the bottom.

When the mixture start to sizzle (I hope it's the correct word) put minced cow meat (maybe a mixture with some pig meat too) inside the pot and cook it for less than 10 minutes.

After that put tomato pulp in the pot and salt and spice as you like them.

Cook the whole mixture for 1 hour and a half and sometimes mix it.

Thank, but one and a half hour!!  :shock:

Are you sure that is correct.  :???:

What do I do between here.
Take carrot, onion and celery, mince them and put the mixture in a pot with olive oil on the bottom.
When the mixture start to sizzle

What shall I do with the mixture, it does not start sizzling by it self.  :razz:

Rath0s said:
Thank, but one and a half hour!!  :shock:

Are you sure that is correct.  :???:

What do I do between here.
When the mixture start to sizzle

What shall I do with the mixture, it does not start sizzling by it self.  :razz:

You have to put the pot on a low fire, of course...

The cooking time should be less but not so much...I usually cook a fair amount of sauce to use it many times (you can hold it in a fridge and then heat it a little before putting it on pasta)

I forgot: you can put rosemary or sage after tomato's pulp to make it tasty.

I suggest not to use spaghetti, it's better to use a kind of pasta with a shorter and more complex shape (makes easier to eat minced meat).

To cook pasta take a lot of water in a pot, put it on a high fire and put salt (I usually use my fist full of salt for 4-5 people) in the water.

When the water boils put pasta in the water and wait for approx. 10 minutes mixing water sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom