Italy at War Recuiting Hall.

Users who are viewing this thread

I have now opened a recruiting thread and I want your descripton.

When I mean description, you need to post what you are able and can do.

Thats all you have to do if you want to be in the mod team.

Whats needed is:

* 2-3 modelers.
* 2-3 texturers.
* 1-2 coders.
* 1 map maker.
* 1-2 sceners possibly more. (Alot of work.)
* 1-2 historical researchers.
* 1-2 researchers.

A little description for the last point, you have to find out what the building lookd like, soldiers equipment, what armor they made, provide images of armors, weapons and helmets they used...etc..

Team.
*Rath0s. (Leader, modeler and texturer.)
*CinuzIta. (Minor Leader, Researcher and Texturer.)
*Angorod. (Researcher.)
*corytlh. (Historical Researcher.)
*Gaxleep. (Historical Researcher.)
*Lizard_man. (Banners, signatures and pics.)
*Ambalon. (Scenes.)
*Narf of Picklestink. (Modeler.)
*Moshbeast. (Buildings Modeler.)
*VonSchkoppe. (Venice researcher.)

Now let us make this mod.

well, for the moment i can be an historical reasearcher, or even a normal reasearcher (the one in the last point)...when i finish my scenin' lessons, i suppose i'll be able to do one thing or two even in that area...

CinuzIta said:
well, for the moment i can be an historical reasearcher, or even a normal reasearcher (the one in the last point)...when i finish my scenin' lessons, i suppose i'll be able to do one thing or two even in that area...

Welcome a bord mate.

Do you italians have a good coder?

Rath0s said:
CinuzIta said:

Welcome a bord mate.

Do you italians have a good coder?

uhm...dunno!! :mrgreen:

there was one, but he isn't online from a lot of time because of the work...I can try to contact him, but i won't bet on his collaboration... :???:

i got my last exam tomorrow...so from the day after tomorrow i will be completely free to collaborate :wink:

No time to wait, just do your first task.

I was reading about the Duchy of Milan, but it turned out that it was formed in the 15th century.

Can you find out what was before the Duchy of Milan and senfme their coat of arms if you dig up something.

already searchin :wink:

how do you prefer that i give you the infos i find? should i report them here, or in a PM?

I was just sayin that tomorrow, till the evening i will be busy :smile:

Rath0s said:
CinuzIta said:
already searchin :wink:

I was just sayin that tomorrow, till the evening i will be busy :smile:

I think I found out, it says that Milan was occupied by The Holy Roman Empire.

ahm...it's not quite right...it was a sort of vassal of the empire, but the city always had a sort of indipendece from the emperor...if you wanted to know the citizens' political organization, the city was governed by an olygarchy of citizens, that were mostly aristocratich...

the city' embelm was this one (only the red cross on the white shield, not the other thing you see in this image):

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/it/1/13/Milano-Stemma.png

the red was the color of the aristocratichs and the white was the one of the people...

Rath0s said:
I was thinking of Milan as its own kingdom like in Medieval 2 Total War, with not many towns,

uhm...well...you could consider to make a faction called "Lombard League" instead of "The city of Milan"...even because in the timeframe you have in mind (XIII century, right?) the city had reached a sort of role leader of the Lombardy (the region where milan is located, if you don't know :smile: )...so if you use the name Lombard league, you could make a larger kingdom for milan... :smile:

(the red cross you saw above infact is called "Lombard Cross") :grin:

CinuzIta said:
Rath0s said:
I was thinking of Milan as its own kingdom like in Medieval 2 Total War, with not many towns,

uhm...well...you could consider to make a faction called "Lombard League" instead of "The city of Milan"...even because in the timeframe you have in mind (XIII century, right?) the city had reached a sort of role leader of the Lombardy (the region where milan is located, if you don't know :smile: )...so if you use the name Lombard league, you could make a larger kingdom for milan... :smile:

(the red cross you saw above infact is called "Lombard Cross") :grin:

What about The Kingdom of Lombardy, I didnt like the word "league".

well...that would be better properly, since it wasn't a kingdom, but a league of cities...

anyway, i found out that, if you're plannin of makin the mod start at 1259, you could make the faction leader be Martino della Torre (Martin of the Tower), that were the city's "Captain of the people" (Capitano del Popolo, in italian) and that, after the battle against Ezzelino da Romano (Seignur of Verona), assumed extraordinary powers inside the city...the "Della Torre" dinasty, "reigned" from 1259 till 1273...

anyway, this was a a stendard used in war by the city:

milanogue.gif

and this was the stendard of the "della torre" family:

milano3.gif

Rath0s said:
Well, those can be banners for them, I will do it like I have done in BaW make armors with 1 single coat of arms per faction.

so one coat of arms per faction, plus the others that change for every lord? (so, for example, you will find only one milan's coat of arm for the armor in the shop?) if so, i suggest you to use the red cross in the white shield... :smile:

CinuzIta said:
Rath0s said:
Well, those can be banners for them, I will do it like I have done in BaW make armors with 1 single coat of arms per faction.

so one coat of arms per faction, plus the others that change for every lord? (so, for example, you will find only one milan's coat of arm for the armor in the shop?) if so, i suggest you to use the red cross in the white shield... :smile:

Yeah, I will, the lords will have their own heraldry but not on all troops, mostly knights I geuss, or other high tier troops.

CinuzIta said:
you mean that the armors for the knights would be something as the one that the guy on the right has?

milangc2.jpg

No, I mean that lords have banners you know, the flags with a heraldry on, and knight of this lords army will for example have the lords coat of arms on his armor instead of the faction heraldry.  :roll:

ah okay, just as the normal tabard armor...anyway, i've contacted the italian coder, but he's busy with his work, so he want to know what he should code, before agreein' in help.. :smile:

I could make a couple o' scenes to you. Check the RoY scenes thread (sticky) to see some of my work.  :wink:

CinuzIta said:
ah okay, just as the normal tabard armor...anyway, i've contacted the italian coder, but he's busy with his work, so he want to know what he should code, before agreein' in help.. :smile:

Say many things to him.  :roll:

Its a little early to tell everything now.

Ok Ambalon.

Back
Top Bottom