it just keeps getting worse

Users who are viewing this thread

At this point I think we all expect different things. When I played the game for the first time based on my expectations I had a very, very bad experience, in fact I hated the game, made various threads and some of them I think they hold up, but some of them don't.
Now that I played it the game, no mods just how it is I had a great time, I'm about to start my own kingdom and see what happens, it's the most fun I've had since Warband tbh.
So modders will add those flavorous things that will make the game better and unique for each other, and the fact they now let you use little mods instead of big packages of mods shows they know this is how people play it, but if you play it without big expectations of how the game is supposed to be, the game actually holds up very well, and becoming a badass with a feared army does gives the player a great feeling. I am waiting for them to fix the AI and the performance issues, and then I would say my experience is flawless.

Hey dont forget about the diplomacy though which is missing and hopefully bandit expansion :smile: But yeah AI need more work in some combat scenarios. Like they are cutting 20 meters away at times on an shield wall assault to get hit on the sides by archers. Same as they fall back exposing their backs. Sieges needs to be polished to both offensively and defensive. How ever it has been improved and i can now see hints of different stages in the attack on the defense gonna be developed inside the walls :smile: Oh and horses at some maps who are spawned up on mountains in some cases still

Last edited:
Still we don't know how it was implemented without more proper information i can't really judge the feature as many things seem cool in premise but bad in actual demonstration anyways thanks for the info
Yes thats the problem, they should have given us this feature so we in early access can give them the proper Feedback to improve on the implementation. Some people just refuse to see any wrong doing by Taleworlds end.

Yes thats the problem, they should have given us this feature so we in early access can give them the proper Feedback to improve on the implementation. Some people just refuse to see any wrong doing by Taleworlds end.
I see it would be cool but still an unfun feature even known with feedback could be hard to change because if you have ever seen a total war ambush the ai seems to do less organized when they ambush you and not when you attack them lol its still a feature that could be used but trying to make a feature of the sorts would be hard with the line of sight system i could see a few ways it could work but knowing code both would be too hard to implement even with 16 years of experience as it would take mashing current systems and making them worse so a system like ambushing could work still it is a cool feature and i hope a way is found

I see it would be cool but still an unfun feature even known with feedback could be hard to change because if you have ever seen a total war ambush the ai seems to do less organized when they ambush you and notvwhen you attack them lol its still a feature that could be used but trying to make a feature of the sorts would be hard with the line of sight system i could see a few ways it could work but knowing code both would be too hard to implement even with 16 years of experience as it would take mashing current systems and making them worse so a system like ambushing could work still it is a cool feature and i hope a way is found
Still we don't know how it was implemented without more proper information i can't really judge the feature.

Wich brings me again to my statement above, they should have given us those features to try, suggest and reimplement.

Still we don't know how it was implemented without more proper information i can't really judge the feature.

Wich brings me again to my statement above, they should have given us those feature to try, suggest and reimplement.
I think the easiset way and the most fun way would be a camp system like mabye you're camp gets ambushed or a specific ambush formation where you can only bring 80 units but when you attack an enemy the units have less armour are less prepared are more spread out while you have a point its still a system that would have to be maintained so trying to fully overhaul a feature which is in play with a lot of other features could cause many bugs although its something they are gonna probably revisit in the future when systemsblike ambushing have to be maintained by what already seems like an overstreched team is hard as it directly plays with a lot of other game systems which would have to go into play still its a cool feature and they could have definetly have let us test it

I think the easiset way and the most fun way would be a camp system like mabye you're camp gets ambushed or a specific ambush formation where you can only bring 80 units but when you attack an enemy the units have less armour are less prepared are more spread out while you have a point its still a system that would have to be maintained so trying to fully overhaul a feature which is in play with a lot of other features could cause many bugs although its something they are gonna probably revisit in the future when systemsblike ambushing have to be maintained by what already seems like an overstreched team is hard as it directly plays with a lot of other game systems which would have to go into play still its a cool feature and they could have definetly have let us test it
Yeah those are some really good ideas and i would really like them to be ingame in one form or another, this would add much more flavour to the game since you would be able to stand against a much bigger army even with your small warband. It would be awesome if armys in general needed to build a camp once in a while to get more cohesion, instead of just clicking a button to get more, thus giving you an opportunity to ambush.

But sadly Taleworlds has already made a decision without us.

Yeah those are some really good ideas and i would really like them to be ingame in one form or another, this would add much more flavour to the game since you would be able to stand against a much bigger army even with your small warband. It would be awesome if armys in general needed to build a camp once in a while to get more cohesion, instead of just clicking a button to get more, thus giving you an opportunity to ambush.

But sadly Taleworlds has already made a derision without us.
Yeah i too would like those features but an actual camp feature was promised so if that doesn't make it into the game then this is just bs still though that would be a cool feature but i hope they divert from the warband 50 swadian knights and 50 nord huscarls destroy any army and still make ambushing a bit risky which is why i suggested the troop limit mabye make a thread on its own and we can try bump that since its actually much easier to get a dev reply if you arecrespectful and you're suggestion is extensive enough with a detailed explanation and post it when 1.5.3 patch launches since thats when most devs go online to respond to the initial question

this game is getting worse and worse
*100 petty complaints*
*understands 0 game mechanics*
*Thinks the AI lords are challenging*
*uses 50 mods*
get gud
Enemy cavalry blitzing through my army exterminating everyone while no one does anything?
Wow I want that problem! For me enemy Cav is is fish spilled out of the barrel and derpy derpy flopping it's way to death.
Probably cause by one of you 50 mods and will **** the whole game up though.

For example would it not be great to have actual population management in Calradia. A city with high prosperity and food stocks has more people living in it and therefor more combat fit males to recruit.

What you're describing is a snowball mechanic: take (or just possess) a high prosperity town = more recruits = fuller parties = bigger armies = taking more towns with high prosperity = more recruits, ad infinitum. It would also sometimes exacerbate problems with what is perceived to be lords respawning with full parties of trained troops. Normally, right now, they are robbing one of their garrisons for those troops but if notables were cycling recruits faster that means they will fill out their rosters with high-tier troops faster.

Imagine facing down a 10,000 prosperity medieval megatropolis with six recruiting slots that shoved out full racks of T3/T4 units every other day.

Oh yeah but taleworlds doesnt care they want this game to be as simple as possible wich they have actually stated them self, just check out @Callum 's post history and i am sure some people will find posts to verify this.

Yo, a fair number of the people posting on this forum can't handle the complexity of stuff like recruiting, workshops, mercenary contracts, building influence, etc. and openly say it should be simplified.

Last edited:
What you're describing is a snowball mechanic: take (or just possess) a high prosperity town = more recruits = fuller parties = bigger armies = taking more towns with high prosperity = more recruits = ...

Yo, a fair number of the people posting on this forum can't handle the complexity of stuff like recruiting, workshops, mercenary contracts, building influence, etc. and openly say it should be simplified.
I mean like yeah but i think be really wanted the ambush mechanic which formost players unless a few simplified suggestions we made up above not only would be hard to implement but the number between more complex and simplifying is very close so no matter what they have to piss off a part of the community

Maybe because of the lack of information we have ingame. I´m literally stumbled over all the things in my playtime.
especially battles and the F Keys. Would love to pause in battles, so i can try some keys. But in the time i try some things, the enemy party ROFLSTOMP me to the ground.

Maybe because of the lack of information we have ingame. I´m literally stumbled over all the things in my playtime.
especially battles and the F Keys. Would love to pause in battles, so i can try some keys. But in the time i try some things, the enemy party ROFLSTOMP me to the ground.

F1 menu is most of what you need to command in battles:
F1 + click drag = lay the formation out Total War-style
F1 + F1 = go here (keep formation and facing)
F1 + F2 = follow me
F1 + F3 = Charge (cav will try to use lances, will try to get to the enemy archers, will pursue fleeing troops)
F1 + F4 = Advance (cav will use swords/axes/maces, will smash into the infantry line and stay there, won't pursue fleeing troops)

There is also F6, delegating to the AI, which I've always found useful but other players say will just get your men killed. FWIW, most of the time it does about as well as I do.

There are formations too but most of them are irrelevant. Sometimes you want to use loose formation (archers or two-handers vs. cav) or occasionally shieldwall, but most of them, most of the time, don't do a damn thing. You can go through an entire playthrough never using the formation menu and win every single battle without any issues at all.

This is actually one of the more straightforward things in Bannerlord, albeit it is laid out somewhat poorly and there are commands that should be there but are not.

I love the realstic battle mod. I tried it in enhanced battle test and the two sturgians varyag sides were in shieldwall taking turnings bashing/blocking each other on the head insteading of recklessly swinging.

I agree on the "ultimate package" mod. Mount and Blade Mod community has been well known for its generosity in sharing/letting others use their mods. Something that I see that could improve the AI experience is with what the modder "Army Formations Made Easy" did. Instead of having to click the "Epic Battle AI" mode, any AI army with a leader that has tactics over 4 or so can perform the Epic Battle AI function where the army gets into formation and slowly march forward. Cohesiveness will be dependent on tactic level.

I also read that there are modders from Warband who are still waiting for mod tools to release before they touch mods. I hope these experienced modders are not the ones already in those groups of announced overhauls. The more, the merrier.

Army Formations Made Easy. Epic Mod !
I would like TaleWorlds to introduce these functions for AI at Bannerlord

Back
Top Bottom