it just keeps getting worse

Users who are viewing this thread

Allaidh1

Recruit
this game is getting worse and worse with each update to the point I cant even play it, the game was bad enough as it was with the ridiculous AI to the point i couldnt possibly have imagined it being any worse but SURPRISE!.

I endured this game on 1.4.1 for 150 hours without mods on the hardest difficulty untill I had enough. The gameplay was so bad, the AI was so bad I had to do something, so I found a series of mods online that actually made the game half decent and worth playing. Then taleworlds updates the game to 1.5.bulls**t, where it changes the games base files so even though you can roll the game back, you cant actually roll the game back because the files have been permanently changed you cant even use the 1.4.1 mods on 1.4.1 and now the games crap in every version.

Before when I played on 1.4.1 I gave a couple of companions their own party and they used to float about actually doing stuff.

My first companion was called culharn the ragged, me and this guy went through thick and thin together he was my first companion so I gave him the first party of his own, then I find out im actually - relation with him… im like WTF the battles we seen, the enemies we had slain together the adventures we had been on (sort off considering there’s nothing actually in the game) I gave you your own party, I always gave you better stuff than I could ever afford to give myself because I always felt sorry for you being a victim of this games crappy game mechanics (does the game actually recognise any of this, of course not then it might actually be good), I took you from rags to riches and THIS!? is how you repay me? You don’t even bloody like me???? so I kick him out of my clan.. infuriated

Then I find out why im - relation with him later on in the game when I end up - relation with my own wife and therefore my own clan because they get the bright idea to join allied parties armies which are completely retarded beyond belief, I back them up in their fights against larger groups but I cant give them orders on the battlefield and they continuously employ their age old strategy for defeating the enemy, run at them and get yourself killed!…. I have to reload the bloody game and disband their army now im - relation with my own bloody clan, I invite them into an army of my own so I can actually give them bloody orders, needless to say we slaughter the enemy…(does the game recognise any of this OF COURSE NOT!!)

What does the game recognise “you disband army that equal bad duhhhhhh” I had to get a mod called “fighting together increase relations” to actually make this stuff good

Go to the pub to drown my sorrows and meet a guy called lyfris the red and brought him along with me, this guy was like rambo despite the stats he had, this guy was like the last saving grace in this game. This guy used to do EVERYTHING!, he would constantly increase my relation with the notables, he would not only pay his own army but would make me loads of money aswell, he would hunt down bandits, he would raid villages if they where close to him, join armies and siege, defend villages that were being raided nearby and hunt down enemy champions and take them prisoner along the way but was always right there when I needed him, anytime I put an army together he was available and was always the first to arrive. Anytime I was at my wits end trying to endure this crappy game this guy would do something to put a smile on my face. I even used a mod later on in the game to change his name from lyfris the red to lyfris the legend because that what he was… WAS! Then they decide to update the game. You know the type of update where a game actually gets worse than what it was? Yeah one of those updates….

I read the update notes because apparently they made the AI better, where they make smarter decisions and bla bla bla bulls**t.

I found a save that was unmodded from my first game almost at the beginning. I was excited to be able to go back and get my old companions and take over calradia with more experience in how the game is played now. WTF was I thinking, everyone is even more retarded than ever before.

I get the companions I had and give them their own party and all what they do is run about the map being idiots, theyll only try to raid villages deep in enemy territory where their guaranteed to get surrounded and captured, theyll try to defend a village thats on the opposite side of the map knowing full well they cant get there on time to do anything, they wont engage parties along the way, they ignore bandits, they don’t increase relations with notables, theyll pretend to engage a party goes run after, run away, run after, run away, run after “surrounded captured”…….. or theyll bump into an army of 500 soliders when they only have 90 then start chasing the army across the map with no intention of doing anything costing me money along the way untill they run out of food then get themselves captured anyway and if I ever try to put an army together my self I cant because their too busy joining other armies that float about the map doing nothing and cost me a fortune along the way in paying for everyones wages because they don’t do anything…. wtf kind of updates are these?????

I spent 52 grand on 2 caravans that don’t make any money and get captured every couple of minutes.

Getting a fief given to me was one of the worst things to ever happen to me, I have to defend it every couple of minutes, it makes barely any money, I have to pay more in garrison wages that it makes off the nearby villages.

Between the fief, my companions wages, my own parties wages, the caravan wages and every other wage in the game, im slowly getting made bankrupt

I don’t even waste my money on workshops from 1.4.1 because no matter what I get them to do or where I get them they just wasted my time and money.

The factions just seem to scuttle aimlessly about the world map doing absolutely nothing but pi**ing me off

Apparently the patch notes say they changed the AI so factions wouldnt be idiots and make smarter decisions when it comes to war and some other crap thats supposed to put an end to short senseless wars. So perhaps someone can explain why im typing all this, 30 seconds after I marry that stupid ***** svana whos supposed to be a high ranking sturgian noble who then gets captured by tyal because STURGIA!!! that consists of only tyal because thats all they have bloody left, gets the bright idea to declare war on battania thats 50 times its bloody size….. that doesnt sound like a smart decision to me especially when they declare peace 10 minutes later and pay 500 quid a day as a result….. not to mention the fact that battania is 50 times its bloody size, im a vassal of battania and I literally just married a high ranking sturgian noble. But of course the game doesnt recognise any of this because the games crap… and vlandia get the bright idea to wait untill battania is at peace with everyone before they decide to attack a larger stronger kingdom… my isnt that smart

In 1.4.1 if I was at peace with everyone and stronger than them they wouldnt declare war unless I declared war on other people or an equal or stronger kingdom declared war on me, which actually makes sense, you don’t attack a stronger kingdom one on one because your going to lose, at least if their fighting multiple kingdoms you have a chance because their divided up fighting them.

Theres literally no point in marrying a noble from one of the factions because it doesnt do anything it, doesnt change relations, you cant get assistance or get anything for assisting them theres no diplomatic purpose in the game, its literally just “you married such and such”and thats it you may aswell marry a peasant from the tavern.

Which brings me to my next point used to be an epic mod called “marry anyone” which is what it is you can marry anyone, why waste time tracking down some idiot whos not gonna change the game in any way shape or form if you can marry a companion whos been through thick and thin with you. This mod plus a mod called “distinguished service” means you could meet your future wife after they earn a spot at your side on the battlefield, but of course 1.5.bulls**t put an end to that.

This game hasn’t changed at all where it counts, its just gotten worse.

1.4.1 check list

Archers on top of a hill not firing their bows and gazing of into the sunset while hordes of enemies approach? Check.

Archers aiming at approaching cavalry but switching targets like they have a nervous tick as enemy cavalry rip through my army and gallop of into the sunset while my archers do nothing? Check

Archers charging across the battlefield swords drawn with quivers full of arrows getting themselves killed? Check

Archers not firing over infantry in an arch when theyve got those thing called… whats those thIngs called again… oh yeah BOWS!!!. check

Infantry on a delayed reaction to ensure they don’t kill anyone or defend enemy attacks. Check

Infantry acting like im not even on the battlefield pushing me out of the way, saving the enemies life and getting me killed? Check

Enemy acting like im the only one on the battlefield and psychic hive mind lock onto my character as I fly up behind them to stick a spear in the back of their head while their already surrounded by infantry and shouldnt even know that im there? check

Infantry just standing there when I need them to back me up watching me get surrounded by the enemy and not trying to help me? Check

Enemy cavalry blitzing through my army exterminating everyone while no one does anything? Check

My cavalry casually galloping over to the enemy on a .5 second delay to ensure they don’t hit anything while slowing to a stop getting knocked of their horses and killed? Check

My horse coming to a complete stop from getting hit in the hoof with a rock while the enemy flies about with javelins sticking out of their horses heads? Check

Enemy horse archers doing some crazy ridiculous shark manoeuvre firing laser like precision sniper shots off their horses while electro magnetically navigating through forests, up vertical cliff faces, around boulders how Id imagine a space ship would have to navigate through space if it where capable of light speed travel? Check.

My horse archers not doing any of that, running head first into every obstacle on the battlefield, rearing up getting knocked of their horses and killed? Check

My horse archers not doing that shark manoeuvre but instead casually galloping directly into the enemy horde and getting themselves killed? Check.

15-Character has built in binocular vision, can zoom in with his eyes but doesnt know how to sprint??? check

1.5.bulls**t check list

Archers on top of a hill not firing their bows and gazing of into the sunset while hordes of enemies approach? Check.

Archers aiming at approaching cavalry but switching targets like they have a nervous tick as enemy cavalry rip through my army and gallop of into the sunset while my archers do nothing? Check

Archers charging across the battlefield swords drawn with quivers full of arrows getting themselves killed? Check

Archers not firing over infantry in an arch when theyve got those thing called… whats those thIngs called again… oh yeah BOWS!!!. check

Infantry on a delayed reaction to ensure they don’t kill anyone or defend enemy attacks. Check

Infantry acting like im not even on the battlefield pushing me out of the way, saving the enemies life and getting me killed? Check

Enemy acting like im the only one on the battlefield and psychic hive mind lock onto my character as I fly up behind them to stick a spear in the back of their head while their already surrounded by infantry and shouldnt even know that im there? Check

Infantry just standing there when I need them to back me up watching me get surrounded by the enemy and not trying to help me? Check

Enemy cavalry blitzing through my army exterminating everyone while no one does anything? Check

My cavalry casually galloping over to the enemy on a .5 second delay to ensure they don’t hit anything while slowing to a stop getting knocked of their horses and killed? Check

My horse coming to a complete stop from getting hit in the hoof with a rock while the enemy flies about with javelins sticking out of their horses heads? Check

Enemy horse archers doing some crazy ridiculous shark manoeuvre firing laser like precision sniper shots off their horses while electro magnetically navigating through forests, up vertical cliff faces, around boulders how Id imagine a space ship would have to navigate through space if it where capable of light speed travel? Check.

My horse archers not doing any of that, running head first into every obstacle on the battlefield, rearing up getting knocked of their horses and killed? Check

My horse archers not doing that shark manoeuvre but instead casually galloping directly into the enemy horde and getting themselves killed? Check.

Character has built in binocular vision, can zoom in with his eyes but doesnt know how to sprint??? check

So in other words they havnt updated this game where it needs updated but have taken what was actually half decent and playable and made it crap…. theres 2 modes the enemy use, everyone run at you and their archers form a line and actually fire their bows, or wait at their spawn in a circle… and thats it.

These are tactics the developers use to try and drag the game out, the enemy are terminators and your army are idiots, even though you took your army off them.

Stop trying to slow the game down and drag it out, the game takes as long as it takes to complete and if you don’t want people completing it quickly then put some content in the game, theres absolutely nothing to do in the game besides wage war and take territory, even the bartering and persuasion system is crap, the quests are crap, everything in the game is crap.

Even the sieges got boring as hell, I was expecting these epic fights in the streets, capturing certain points, ordering my men to flank around buildings and pushing them back till they had nowhere to go and either killing them or forcing them to surrender… what the hell was I thinking, its literally just the enemy spawn in 3 clusters and by spawn I mean they drop out of the sky in waves, if you break the siege walls their at the break and the main gate and you just kill enough of them in waves that they run like *****es through a massive door and thats the siege done….

And what the hell happened to the tournaments?!?!?!?!? I used to love doing the tournaments on 1.4.1 they where always epic. In battania was always different, sometimes would be sword and shield, sometimes spear and shield, other times would be 2 handed axe/sword sometimes on a horse sometimes with throwables or bow.

Now its literally just been sword and shield crap, every round is the same again and again and again and its boring as hell coupled with the fact whoever is on your team is an idiot who dont actually use their shield, they just run out and get killed till your fighting a group by yourself. They cluster together run at you, try to side step and stab one in the face but doesnt actually stab them in the face because their mates shield/blocking radius is clipping through their face so it actually bounces of their shield instead….. then surrounded then killed… yay!, then theyve changed it so everyone does “blunt damage” not even some people have blunt weapons its literally just “blunt damage” on everything

Brings me to my next point, how the hell can you have a perk that makes the blocking radius of your shield bigger???? YOU JUST USE A BIGGER BLOODY SHIELD!!!!!!! omfg…… ram a spear into their face but it deflects of their 1080 5 dimensional invisible wall forcefield yay!

But its ok ladies and gentlemen its “early access”, its OK ladies and gentlemen the developers are consistently “updating” the game, its O K A Y! ladies and gentlemen… They've updated the sheep……

Also please keep in mind that everything ive said is me playing the game on 1.5 without mods with mods its just as bad because the AI has been made so terrible at its core level.

This game has been out for almost 6 months, it cost 50 quid when it first came out, tale worlds design and publish their own games to teh best of my knowledge it was one of the most popular and one of the fastest selling games has undoubtedly sold millions of copies around the world and is worth a few hundred mill at least, theres no reason for this game to be so bad at this stage or the updates to be so bad

Ive got 3 choices at this stage.

Play on 1.5.bullS**t which is unplayable

Roll back to 1.4.1 which wont let me roll back properly to use the mods that actually made the game playable because the game files have changed thus rendering the game unplayable.

Stop playing the game.

Im going with 3 this games finished if the game has gotten this bad in a couple of updates Im not even gonna try and picture what its gonna be like in another update. Theres no hope at this stage, this games done and im done with it.

Suggestions for the developers. Delete whatever 13gb crap you decided to change the game with and roll it back to the proper 1.4.1. change the AI where it needs changed on the battlefield so our armies arent retarded, put some content in the game and make the sieges interesting.

Take a heads up from these modders who are basically trying to make your game good for free and you just keep wrecking all their hard work and making the game worse and integrate this stuff into your game instead of updating the sheep that no one cares about

Mod list.

1- Bannerlord tweaks because the leveling up system is a joke.

2- Caravans give trade XP because its common sense

3- Companions patrols increase relations because its common sense

4- Control allies after death because your units just line up to get themselves killed while you get one shotted every second by enemy snipers.

5- Distinguished service because it kicks ass and is amazing and thats what you should be going for an amazing game that kicks ass….

6- Female troop trees for all factions because its common sense and with distinguished service you can meet your wife on the battlefield.

7- Fighting together increases relations because its common sense they should respect a commander that leads them to victory, pays their wages ,feeds them and gives them good gear not - relation for saving their life.

8- Fix persuasion because your persuasion system is crap

9- Hideout party unlimited because its common sense I always thought a raid was where you stampeded in, killed everyone and stole all their gear. Plus it looks epic when their charging in.

10- Improved garrisons because they should recruit themselves, they should train and level up and they should patrol my lands because its common sense

11- Just let me fight because I don’t care if my HP is at 1 or 100 im the commander, end of story

12- Kill bandits raise relations because its common sense people should like me for making the place safer

13- Looted village interactions because its great and adds some good content to the game.

14- Marry anyone for reasons previously stated.

15- Messengers because I shouldnt have to track across the bloody map to talk to someone.

16- Scouting actually works because scouting should actually work…

17- Transfer and manage companions because I should be able to give my own clan parties, scouts, quartermasters, surgeons and engineers of their own because its common sense

18- True noble opinion because people should have their own opinions.

19- True prisoners because its amazing

20- True villagers because its common sense

21- Useful companions because they should get experience and level their troops.

22- Cultured start because it kicks ass

23- Party AI overhaul because everything that this mod does should already be in the game, I SHOULD be able to change my companions parties inventory on teh map, and I SHOULD be able to give them orders to do things, I SHOULD be able to get them to follow me and give orders to attack people.

24- Settlement finances because its amazing and makes loads of sense

25- And last but certainly the most important mod ever for this game, I need this mod in game like I need air in real life, its called sprint mod…… yes your character SHOULD be able to sprint……

Do this and the game will pretty much be ready

Not wanting to leave on a negative note I will say this.

The music is amazing.

this game is getting worse and worse with each update to the point I cant even play it, the game was bad enough as it was with the ridiculous AI to the point i couldnt possibly have imagined it being any worse but SURPRISE!.

I endured this game on 1.4.1 for 150 hours without mods on the hardest difficulty untill I had enough. The gameplay was so bad, the AI was so bad I had to do something, so I found a series of mods online that actually made the game half decent and worth playing. Then taleworlds updates the game to 1.5.bulls**t, where it changes the games base files so even though you can roll the game back, you cant actually roll the game back because the files have been permanently changed you cant even use the 1.4.1 mods on 1.4.1 and now the games crap in every version.

Before when I played on 1.4.1 I gave a couple of companions their own party and they used to float about actually doing stuff.

My first companion was called culharn the ragged, me and this guy went through thick and thin together he was my first companion so I gave him the first party of his own, then I find out im actually - relation with him… im like WTF the battles we seen, the enemies we had slain together the adventures we had been on (sort off considering there’s nothing actually in the game) I gave you your own party, I always gave you better stuff than I could ever afford to give myself because I always felt sorry for you being a victim of this games crappy game mechanics (does the game actually recognise any of this, of course not then it might actually be good), I took you from rags to riches and THIS!? is how you repay me? You don’t even bloody like me???? so I kick him out of my clan.. infuriated

Then I find out why im - relation with him later on in the game when I end up - relation with my own wife and therefore my own clan because they get the bright idea to join allied parties armies which are completely retarded beyond belief, I back them up in their fights against larger groups but I cant give them orders on the battlefield and they continuously employ their age old strategy for defeating the enemy, run at them and get yourself killed!…. I have to reload the bloody game and disband their army now im - relation with my own bloody clan, I invite them into an army of my own so I can actually give them bloody orders, needless to say we slaughter the enemy…(does the game recognise any of this OF COURSE NOT!!)

What does the game recognise “you disband army that equal bad duhhhhhh” I had to get a mod called “fighting together increase relations” to actually make this stuff good

Go to the pub to drown my sorrows and meet a guy called lyfris the red and brought him along with me, this guy was like rambo despite the stats he had, this guy was like the last saving grace in this game. This guy used to do EVERYTHING!, he would constantly increase my relation with the notables, he would not only pay his own army but would make me loads of money aswell, he would hunt down bandits, he would raid villages if they where close to him, join armies and siege, defend villages that were being raided nearby and hunt down enemy champions and take them prisoner along the way but was always right there when I needed him, anytime I put an army together he was available and was always the first to arrive. Anytime I was at my wits end trying to endure this crappy game this guy would do something to put a smile on my face. I even used a mod later on in the game to change his name from lyfris the red to lyfris the legend because that what he was… WAS! Then they decide to update the game. You know the type of update where a game actually gets worse than what it was? Yeah one of those updates….

I read the update notes because apparently they made the AI better, where they make smarter decisions and bla bla bla bulls**t.

I found a save that was unmodded from my first game almost at the beginning. I was excited to be able to go back and get my old companions and take over calradia with more experience in how the game is played now. WTF was I thinking, everyone is even more retarded than ever before.

I get the companions I had and give them their own party and all what they do is run about the map being idiots, theyll only try to raid villages deep in enemy territory where their guaranteed to get surrounded and captured, theyll try to defend a village thats on the opposite side of the map knowing full well they cant get there on time to do anything, they wont engage parties along the way, they ignore bandits, they don’t increase relations with notables, theyll pretend to engage a party goes run after, run away, run after, run away, run after “surrounded captured”…….. or theyll bump into an army of 500 soliders when they only have 90 then start chasing the army across the map with no intention of doing anything costing me money along the way untill they run out of food then get themselves captured anyway and if I ever try to put an army together my self I cant because their too busy joining other armies that float about the map doing nothing and cost me a fortune along the way in paying for everyones wages because they don’t do anything…. wtf kind of updates are these?????

I spent 52 grand on 2 caravans that don’t make any money and get captured every couple of minutes.

Getting a fief given to me was one of the worst things to ever happen to me, I have to defend it every couple of minutes, it makes barely any money, I have to pay more in garrison wages that it makes off the nearby villages.

Between the fief, my companions wages, my own parties wages, the caravan wages and every other wage in the game, im slowly getting made bankrupt

I don’t even waste my money on workshops from 1.4.1 because no matter what I get them to do or where I get them they just wasted my time and money.

The factions just seem to scuttle aimlessly about the world map doing absolutely nothing but pi**ing me off

Apparently the patch notes say they changed the AI so factions wouldnt be idiots and make smarter decisions when it comes to war and some other crap thats supposed to put an end to short senseless wars. So perhaps someone can explain why im typing all this, 30 seconds after I marry that stupid ***** svana whos supposed to be a high ranking sturgian noble who then gets captured by tyal because STURGIA!!! that consists of only tyal because thats all they have bloody left, gets the bright idea to declare war on battania thats 50 times its bloody size….. that doesnt sound like a smart decision to me especially when they declare peace 10 minutes later and pay 500 quid a day as a result….. not to mention the fact that battania is 50 times its bloody size, im a vassal of battania and I literally just married a high ranking sturgian noble. But of course the game doesnt recognise any of this because the games crap… and vlandia get the bright idea to wait untill battania is at peace with everyone before they decide to attack a larger stronger kingdom… my isnt that smart

In 1.4.1 if I was at peace with everyone and stronger than them they wouldnt declare war unless I declared war on other people or an equal or stronger kingdom declared war on me, which actually makes sense, you don’t attack a stronger kingdom one on one because your going to lose, at least if their fighting multiple kingdoms you have a chance because their divided up fighting them.

Theres literally no point in marrying a noble from one of the factions because it doesnt do anything it, doesnt change relations, you cant get assistance or get anything for assisting them theres no diplomatic purpose in the game, its literally just “you married such and such”and thats it you may aswell marry a peasant from the tavern.

Which brings me to my next point used to be an epic mod called “marry anyone” which is what it is you can marry anyone, why waste time tracking down some idiot whos not gonna change the game in any way shape or form if you can marry a companion whos been through thick and thin with you. This mod plus a mod called “distinguished service” means you could meet your future wife after they earn a spot at your side on the battlefield, but of course 1.5.bulls**t put an end to that.

1.4.1 check list

Enemy acting like im the only one on the battlefield and psychic hive mind lock onto my character as I fly up behind them to stick a spear in the back of their head while their already surrounded by infantry and shouldnt even know that im there? check

15-Character has built in binocular vision, can zoom in with his eyes but doesnt know how to sprint??? check

1.5.bulls**t check list

Enemy acting like im the only one on the battlefield and psychic hive mind lock onto my character as I fly up behind them to stick a spear in the back of their head while their already surrounded by infantry and shouldnt even know that im there? Check

Character has built in binocular vision, can zoom in with his eyes but doesnt know how to sprint??? check

So in other words they havnt updated this game where it needs updated but have taken what was actually half decent and playable and made it crap…. theres 2 modes the enemy use, everyone run at you and their archers form a line and actually fire their bows, or wait at their spawn in a circle… and thats it.

These are tactics the developers use to try and drag the game out, the enemy are terminators and your army are idiots, even though you took your army off them.

Stop trying to slow the game down and drag it out, the game takes as long as it takes to complete and if you don’t want people completing it quickly then put some content in the game, theres absolutely nothing to do in the game besides wage war and take territory, even the bartering and persuasion system is crap, the quests are crap, everything in the game is crap.

Even the sieges got boring as hell, I was expecting these epic fights in the streets, capturing certain points, ordering my men to flank around buildings and pushing them back till they had nowhere to go and either killing them or forcing them to surrender… what the hell was I thinking, its literally just the enemy spawn in 3 clusters and by spawn I mean they drop out of the sky in waves, if you break the siege walls their at the break and the main gate and you just kill enough of them in waves that they run like *****es through a massive door and thats the siege done….

And what the hell happened to the tournaments?!?!?!?!? I used to love doing the tournaments on 1.4.1 they where always epic. In battania was always different, sometimes would be sword and shield, sometimes spear and shield, other times would be 2 handed axe/sword sometimes on a horse sometimes with throwables or bow.

Now its literally just been sword and shield crap, every round is the same again and again and again and its boring as hell coupled with the fact whoever is on your team is an idiot who dont actually use their shield, they just run out and get killed till your fighting a group by yourself. They cluster together run at you, try to side step and stab one in the face but doesnt actually stab them in the face because their mates shield/blocking radius is clipping through their face so it actually bounces of their shield instead….. then surrounded then killed… yay!, then theyve changed it so everyone does “blunt damage” not even some people have blunt weapons its literally just “blunt damage” on everything

Brings me to my next point, how the hell can you have a perk that makes the blocking radius of your shield bigger???? YOU JUST USE A BIGGER BLOODY SHIELD!!!!!!! omfg…… ram a spear into their face but it deflects of their 1080 5 dimensional invisible wall forcefield yay!

But its ok ladies and gentlemen its “early access”, its OK ladies and gentlemen the developers are consistently “updating” the game, its O K A Y! ladies and gentlemen… They've updated the sheep……

Also please keep in mind that everything ive said is me playing the game on 1.5 without mods with mods its just as bad because the AI has been made so terrible at its core level.

This game has been out for almost 6 months, it cost 50 quid when it first came out, tale worlds design and publish their own games to teh best of my knowledge it was one of the most popular and one of the fastest selling games has undoubtedly sold millions of copies around the world and is worth a few hundred mill at least, theres no reason for this game to be so bad at this stage or the updates to be so bad

Roll back to 1.4.1 which wont let me roll back properly to use the mods that actually made the game playable because the game files have changed thus rendering the game unplayable.

Stop playing the game.

Im going with 3 this games finished if the game has gotten this bad in a couple of updates Im not even gonna try and picture what its gonna be like in another update. Theres no hope at this stage, this games done and im done with it.

Suggestions for the developers. Delete whatever 13gb crap you decided to change the game with and roll it back to the proper 1.4.1. change the AI where it needs changed on the battlefield so our armies arent retarded, put some content in the game and make the sieges interesting.

Take a heads up from these modders who are basically trying to make your game good for free and you just keep wrecking all their hard work and making the game worse and integrate this stuff into your game instead of updating the sheep that no one cares about

Mod list.

4- Control allies after death because your units just line up to get themselves killed while you get one shotted every second by enemy snipers.

5- Distinguished service because it kicks ass and is amazing and thats what you should be going for an amazing game that kicks ass….

6- Female troop trees for all factions because its common sense and with distinguished service you can meet your wife on the battlefield.

7- Fighting together increases relations because its common sense they should respect a commander that leads them to victory, pays their wages ,feeds them and gives them good gear not - relation for saving their life.

9- Hideout party unlimited because its common sense I always thought a raid was where you stampeded in, killed everyone and stole all their gear. Plus it looks epic when their charging in.

10- Improved garrisons because they should recruit themselves, they should train and level up and they should patrol my lands because its common sense

11- Just let me fight because I don’t care if my HP is at 1 or 100 im the commander, end of story

12- Kill bandits raise relations because its common sense people should like me for making the place safer

13- Looted village interactions because its great and adds some good content to the game.

15- Messengers because I shouldnt have to track across the bloody map to talk to someone.

17- Transfer and manage companions because I should be able to give my own clan parties, scouts, quartermasters, surgeons and engineers of their own because its common sense

21- Useful companions because they should get experience and level their troops.

23- Party AI overhaul because everything that this mod does should already be in the game, I SHOULD be able to change my companions parties inventory on teh map, and I SHOULD be able to give them orders to do things, I SHOULD be able to get them to follow me and give orders to attack people.

25- And last but certainly the most important mod ever for this game, I need this mod in game like I need air in real life, its called sprint mod…… yes your character SHOULD be able to sprint……

The music is amazing.
The mods definitely turn the game from, 'meh, I'll play it' to 'I AM A WARLORD!".

Oddly enough you are missing Realistic Battle mod; the only one I'm using right now because I can't be bothered to see which of the other ones are updated (which I think I'll do today). It actually allows you to use a bit of strategy since the AI isn't as eager to embrace death and will actually protect themselves. Of course, once you flank them they go down easily... but unfortunately, once your men are flanked you'll find yourself running for your life.

I really wish the modders would work together to make an 'ultimate package' mod, which would combine all these awesome and oh so necessary files into one single downloadable mod.

Thanks for the list. I've played 690 hours thus far since release and I've not been able to play without mods and or cheating as of yet. Pretty much have to cheat/use mods in order to offset what you have listed.

The PartyAI mod is paramount. I 100% agree with you that this functionality should be in the game, if they are my party, they should follow my orders. A few others I like to use (besides what you have listed) are Tournament Fair Armor, Separatism, Custom Spawns, Diplomacy Fixes and just recently found Workshops Work Better.

Love these types of games and love M&B so I'll keep playing, however I'll cheat all day long.

Last edited:
The mods definitely turn the game from, 'meh, I'll play it' to 'I AM A WARLORD!".

Oddly enough you are missing Realistic Battle mod; the only one I'm using right now because I can't be bothered to see which of the other ones are updated (which I think I'll do today). It actually allows you to use a bit of strategy since the AI isn't as eager to embrace death and will actually protect themselves. Of course, once you flank them they go down easily... but unfortunately, once your men are flanked you'll find yourself running for your life.

I really wish the modders would work together to make an 'ultimate package' mod, which would combine all these awesome and oh so necessary files into one single downloadable mod.
I love the realstic battle mod. I tried it in enhanced battle test and the two sturgians varyag sides were in shieldwall taking turnings bashing/blocking each other on the head insteading of recklessly swinging.

I agree on the "ultimate package" mod. Mount and Blade Mod community has been well known for its generosity in sharing/letting others use their mods. Something that I see that could improve the AI experience is with what the modder "Army Formations Made Easy" did. Instead of having to click the "Epic Battle AI" mode, any AI army with a leader that has tactics over 4 or so can perform the Epic Battle AI function where the army gets into formation and slowly march forward. Cohesiveness will be dependent on tactic level.

I also read that there are modders from Warband who are still waiting for mod tools to release before they touch mods. I hope these experienced modders are not the ones already in those groups of announced overhauls. The more, the merrier.

I strongly disagree its actually the ai troops that need a buff currently all player armies perform way better then i armies and the change between 1.4.1 and 1.5.2 had no change to actual battle ai zo its either you are really **** at battle commands since the following ai changes were only to war and peace and affected ai units in no other way. Archers also wont shoot behind infantry in flat tereain as its very easy to hit the infantry line

Thanks for the list. I've played 690 hours thus far since release and I've not been able to play without mods and or cheating as of yet. Pretty much have to cheat/use mods in order to offset what you have listed.

The PartyAI mod is paramount. I 100% agree with you that this functionality should be in the game, if they are my party, they should follow my orders. I few others I like to use (besides what you have listed) are Tournament Fair Armor, Separatism, Custom Spawns, Diplomacy Fixes and just recently found Workshops Work Better.

Love these types of games and love M&B so I'll keep playing, however I'll cheat all day long.
Cheating has always been required in these series which shows how unbalanced the games are. I think it was only Viking Conquest that I used cheats the least. I actually legit played that game until I was fed up with how cheat it was. Then I started using ctrl+h and the teleport.

I strongly disagree its actually the ai troops that need a buff currently all player armies perform way better then i armies and the change between 1.4.1 and 1.5.2 had no change to actual battle ai zo its either you are really **** at battle commands since the following ai changes were only to war and peace and affected ai units in no other way. Archers also wont shoot behind infantry in flat tereain as its very easy to hit the infantry line
I can agree with you. I've played mp a lot and seen quite a lot of videos. I don't know about the OP, but a lot of people don't know how to command battles. If they do the charge command, they may get slaughtered by archers or they just stay still and waiting to get killed, etc.

So what you're saying is you used to cheats to get an army of super soldiers and expect the ai to beat it when you can kill them in one button and also i never played warband with cheats nor any m&b game for that matter as it isnt required its more fun without actually
Cheating has always been required in these series which shows how unbalanced the games are. I think it was only Viking Conquest that I used cheats the least. I actually legit played that game until I was fed up with how cheat it was. Then I started using ctrl+h and the teleport.

I can agree with you. I've played mp a lot and seen quite a lot of videos. I don't know about the OP, but a lot of people don't know how to command battles. If they do the charge command, they may get slaughtered by archers or they just stay still and waiting to get killed, etc.
Its more or less the difference between commands as in charge most archers will go into range and fire but if approached go into melee advance is basically skirmish but i dont know where he got the idea that the ai overperforms when it clearly does not

@Allaidh1 good summary.

Yes the game is broke.

No the Devs don’t know how to fix it. At best they are a bunch of individual worker bees carrying out their daily tasks but with ZERO collective intelligence guiding their work.

Yes the best solution is to stop playing the game, hope the Devs stop touching the game, let more capable hands of modders in the community take over.

The Devs need to minimize the damage by their continued “development” and give modders a stable platform to work from.

Pardon my Americano...but guess trolls or ignorant people needs their own **** post walls... But sure theres some points in here that could and should be addressed. As they should ex scrap the whole single player oriented missions aspect in my opinion even if i like the companion change it brings with family (companions) you can rename. However that should be addressed on another level to get companions and rename em as well as your kids. But you can just ignore that mission to so its fair for those that think its important with an story so to say.

And sure not everything is perfect and should be fixed/tweaked but no game is perfect and it isnt that important. Main thing is that its playable in the end as well as interesting. So no need for graphics and tiny nitpicky functions when the game is shallow and has no challenge anyways.
Also something that should be addressed is why you still get tier 3-4 troops from villages and towns from npcs that you have 0 influence with ? well its from posts like this in my opinion

But sure this is your opinion and should be respected as such even if many things here are just lack of experience from my understanding. But saying that they should stop dragging out the game to make it longer and wanting it to be more quick sounds to me like you want something else out from this...just saying.....This game is so quick and easy now as an M&B game that its a bit ridiculous

But i must point out as an reminder that you do have some things here that they should definitely improve and we have to see what will come out in the end

(Pardon in advance for my skepticism for what is for you an valid opinion as an consumer and a gamer which is your right ofc and can understand your frustrations at times, but listening to **** posters on regular basis with no knowledge and constructive thoughts gets you to be not listening in for the real wolf in the end and is just a waste of time) But some need their attention in some form of which they lack i guess and if it consolidates their misery its fine and no harm done anyways. What bothers me however is how they try to exploit such an nice guy as the developer for this game from his and his crews success

Last edited:
Pardon my Americano...but guess trolls or ignorant people needs their own **** post walls... But sure theres some points in here that could and should be addressed. As they should ex scrap the whole single player oriented missions aspect in my opinion even if i like the companion change it brings with family (companions) you can rename. However that should be addressed on another level to get companions and rename em as well as your kids. But you can just ignore that mission to so its fair for those that think its important with an story so to say.

And sure not everything is perfect and should be fixed/tweaked but no game is perfect and it isnt that important. Main thing is that its playable in the end as well as interesting. So no need for graphics and tiny nitpicky functions when the game is shallow and has no challenge anyways.
Also something that should be addressed is why you still get tier 3-4 troops from villages and towns from npcs that you have 0 influence with ? well its from posts like this in my opinion

But sure this is your opinion and should be respected as such even if many things here are just lack of experience from my understanding. But saying that they should stop dragging out the game to make it longer and wanting it to be more quick sounds to me like you want something else out from this...just saying.....This game is so quick and easy now as an M&B game that its a bit ridiculous

But i must point out as an reminder that you do have some things here that they should definitely improve and we have to see what will come out in the end

(Pardon in advance for my skepticism for what is for you an valid opinion as an consumer and a gamer which is your right ofc and can understand your frustrations at times, but listening to **** posters on regular basis with no knowledge and constructive thoughts gets you to be not listening in for the real wolf in the end and is just a waste of time) But some need their attention in some form of which they lack i guess and if it consolidates their misery its fine and no harm done anyways
Honestly i have probably read to many of these the man makes some valid points sure but some others are a bit just straight out wrong although it is his opinion which he is entitled to

ofc and theres things we can all be wrong about because of lack of knowledge at times...its fine but ranting without asking if you´re not sure is not the way ^^ but well its when frustration kicks in i guess

1.4.1 check list

1.5.bulls**t check list

Stop playing the game.

Mod list.

The music is amazing.

Its actually kind of insane how bad the development for this game is. I used post on the forums and ask TW to do more, make the game better, actually put some content in the game, but i've concluded that they are incapable of it. They don't have the imagination required and they don't seem to really care about the game, or about the players.

I agree with you. They should just stop, scrap all the ****ty ideas they have, like ****ing barbers for **** sake. PERKS still don't work and are really lackluster, but they put barbers in the game. FFS. Anyway, they should just stop and focus on getting the mod tools out. Then people won't give a **** about what TW does because it will be made irrelevant by the truly talented modders.

Its actually kind of insane how bad the development for this game is. I used post on the forums and ask TW to do more, make the game better, actually put some content in the game, but i've concluded that they are incapable of it. They don't have the imagination required and they don't seem to really care about the game, or about the players.

I agree with you. They should just stop, scrap all the ****ty ideas they have, like ****ing barbers for **** sake. PERKS still don't work and are really lackluster, but they put barbers in the game. FFS. Anyway, they should just stop and focus on getting the mod tools out. Then people won't give a **** about what TW does because it will be made irrelevant by the truly talented modders.

Potential Priorities:

- Perks
- Combat and Campaign AI
- Finish the Story
- Bug/Crash Fixes
- Economy (Workshops, Caravans etc)

You know I agree with you in a lot of things but some points on this thread are completely nonsensical and are obviously written in an angry heat moment, try to think about your thread a little bit more and give a better criticism, for real, a big portion of this is quite difficult to read and are not really problems in the game, just problems you have yourself with the game

Then taleworlds updates the game to 1.5.bulls**t, where it changes the games base files so even though you can roll the game back, you cant actually roll the game back because the files have been permanently changed you cant even use the 1.4.1 mods on 1.4.1 and now the games crap in every version.

There are a few lingering files even if you do a rollback sometimes. I can't speak to 1.4.1 specifically but 1.4.2 mods work fine after a rollback for me.

Its actually kind of insane how bad the development for this game is. I used post on the forums and ask TW to do more, make the game better, actually put some content in the game, but i've concluded that they are incapable of it.
Hold up:
Either way, CK III just released and its a vastly superior game, so i won't need to come here and point out the glaring issues anymore.

Farwell TWs forum, I wish I could say its been fun.

Well, I guess three weeks is an accomplishment.

Back
Top Bottom