isnt the beta supposed to be released today?

Users who are viewing this thread

Beta round 1 has been going since June.  Beta round 2 started at Gamescom when they handed out all those keys.  Beta round 3 begins this "week" when they send out another round to members of select groups who have signed up on the website.  I assume, they are back to work today and today they are just starting to sort the (probably) 20,000+ Beta applicants.

Kortze26 said:
Beta round 1 has been going since June.  Beta round 2 started at Gamescom when they handed out all those keys.  Beta round 3 begins this "week" when they send out another round to members of select groups who have signed up on the website.  I assume, they are back to work today and today they are just starting to sort the (probably) 20,000+ Beta applicants.

This could be accurate regarding the numbers, on streams I have seen there are literally hundeds of empty servers.

Just cross your fingers and have a good system, or a bad one. I imagine they’ll pick people with bad systems to test how the game runs on toasters, seeing as a lot of people will be doing that.

If I were the one selecting the buckets (groups) to organize the applicants, I would split people who use AMD vs. Intel chips, Geforce vs. Radeon cards and cascade those catergories based on tech generation.  Then I would split those buckets by region, age and interest in single vs. multiplayer.  Once all of those are sorted, then I would give priority to people who have participated in betas in the past and who have bought previous offerings from the company.

578 said:
More invites will go out today, but not in a big scale. Most of us won't get in.
It's not fact. They say - this week, but it's not mean today.  :sad:
Talewords can easily send 2 keys in this sunday and in next week blog, triumphal announce - First Beta Keys are delivered!  :lol:

Kortze26 said:
If I were the one selecting the buckets (groups) to organize the applicants, I would split people who use AMD vs. Intel chips, Geforce vs. Radeon cards and cascade those catergories based on tech generation.  Then I would split those buckets by region, age and interest in single vs. multiplayer.  Once all of those are sorted, then I would give priority to people who have participated in betas in the past and who have bought previous offerings from the company.
That's honestly probably the fairest/most efficient system possible.

Back
Top Bottom