Is Vlandia still op in TDM and siege now?

Is Vlandia still op in TDM and siege now?

• yes,it should be nerfed more

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • no,it has been balanced well

Votes: 10 50.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Maneuvering, also I'm pretty sure riding skill. Don't really play cav that much anymore but from what I hear those are the biggest things to go for. Lance length is nice for trading blows, but if your opponent can bait your stab timing to be early or late it doesn't matter if your Lance is longer.

Maneuvering, also I'm pretty sure riding skill. Don't really play cav that much anymore but from what I hear those are the biggest things to go for. Lance length is nice for trading blows, but if your opponent can bait your stab timing to be early or late it doesn't matter if your Lance is longer.
Lance length matters because it is also slower in speed, which in turn means the time gap between bad/good/perfect hit is wider and longer. Meaning your timing can be off but it will still be enough to cancel opponents hit, or just kill him as speed is another broken factor in calculating damage, proof of speed being broken is just throwing a crappy axe at a fully armored, max speed galloping knight, and enjoy the corpse launch.

Xbows become more expensive, but they didn't get nerfed like other bowmen.
And also I think they buffed sergeant for some reason. Like they weren't already the most powerful infantry and only one with 2h weapon.
Only decreased looter perk's effect, but peasant still costs 80.

So yeah, they still OP in TDM/Siege imo.
Ye I agree that the Xbox can be nerfed, but the sergeant is balanced if we don’t take the two hander into account and that has drawbacks and perks in itself, the other heavy infantry did have two handers but they removed them idk why they did that. The heavy cav is balanced

Worst of it all is, vlandian peasant's price being 80 and the looter perk. This allows vlandians to spam every siege/tdm games with peasants, sergeants and knights. Basically peasants earn coins by spawning and dying, and if they get a kill they get +10 gold.
Looter usually isn't worth it, since you're giving up the shield perk. I'd argue that Looter on Rabble is much better since their base kit has a shield, and the Khuzait Sickle is probably the best cut weapon that a peasant unit can use.

the other heavy infantry did have two handers but they removed them idk why they did that.
I think the object of concern when they removed bastard weapons was that the heavy infantry was overstepping into the shock trooper's gameplay roles. Which IMO doesn't make sense since the Vlandian Greatsword was clearly meant to compensate for the sergeant's loss of Vlandian Bastard Sword

Looter usually isn't worth it, since you're giving up the shield perk. I'd argue that Looter on Rabble is much better since their base kit has a shield, and the Khuzait Sickle is probably the best cut weapon that a peasant unit can use.

I think the object of concern when they removed bastard weapons was that the heavy infantry was overstepping into the shock trooper's gameplay roles. Which IMO doesn't make sense since the Vlandian Greatsword was clearly meant to compensate for the sergeant's loss of Vlandian Bastard Sword
When it comes to siege and tdm looter is Allways worth it at least if you have some basic skill but you wouldn’t know.

Aserai heavy cav has almost half armor compared to vlandian heavy cavalry, how is that balanced?

Looter is the most overpowered perk, especially in the hands of vlandian peasant, as their elite units are very good.

Also Khuzait and Aserai basically don't have a heavy infantry unit. Very stupid design for a competitive game.

Aserai heavy cav has almost half armor compared to vlandian heavy cavalry
But they are faster and longer lance

Also Khuzait and Aserai basically don't have a heavy infantry unit.
Khuzait have looters as well as 3 different types of cav, including horse archer. The spear tribemen is my favorite class of all the factions.
Aserai have the heavy cav that is one of if not the fastest heavy cav in the game. They have shock troops and good range.
Their infantry (best tier 1 in the game) is dirt cheap so it can be spammed. They have axes, maces and swords. Good shield. Speedbonus.

"Nerf scissors. Rock is fine." - Paper

Also Khuzait and Aserai basically don't have a heavy infantry unit. Very stupid design for a competitive game.
Khan's Guard is half-heavy archer, half-heavy infantry, half-shock troop. But besides that, their medium infantry is a pretty strong counterpick against most heavily armored enemies, and their shield coverage is only behind that of a Battanian oval shield

Aserai having heavy infantry would dilute the cultural identity of the faction, though I personally think they need more counters against armored opponents than what they currently have.

Khan's Guard is half-heavy archer, half-heavy infantry, half-shock troop. But besides that, their medium infantry is a pretty strong counterpick against most heavily armored enemies, and their shield coverage is only behind that of a Battanian oval shield

Aserai having heavy infantry would dilute the cultural identity of the faction, though I personally think they need more counters against armored opponents than what they currently have.
In that case khan's guard should be on a horse if its supposed to be accurate. If its supposed to be heavy inf, then should have more armor and lower price. If its supposed to be heavy archer, then needs a better bow and perks. In its current state, its neither of those things and a weird class. Khuzait's medium inf is quite good yes, but its nowhere near heavy infantry classes of vlandia, battania, empire and sturgia.

I dont think anyone cares about cultural identity at this point in multiplayer. Aserai units should be running much faster if they are supposed to wear lightweight desert clothes then. Heavy infantry units basically run so much faster because of running perks, even though they have 50+ armor on them.

I am quite frustrated at how fast and easy it would be to fix these balance issues in tdm/siege, but MP devs are very incompetent.

Back
Top Bottom