Is this game dead?

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
NA native community is dying, but Warband, like most have said, is still fine :smile:

captain lust said:
Based on his pings, looks like he's on the US east coast. Interesting then, that he says Native (assuming he means Native) is dying when he could be playing in both NA and European competitive scenes.

I don't want to play in competitive scenes.  I don't want to play mods.  I don't want to play siege or cRPG.  I just want a DM, TDM, or duel server I can occasionally hop onto.  They do not exist.

Well I don't play an awful lot of US public but Siege will offer a similar experience to TDM. Also you're on the East Coast so, providing you don't play very late at night, there will be populated European servers giving you 100 ping or less ("ZHG_TDM" is a good bet). 100 ping is more than adequate for TDM or DM. Especially for a self proclaimed "non-competitive" player, like yourself.

Aye ZHG TDM server is usually very crowded and fun. I don't know what your problem is with siege since you're missing out a lot by not playing it. Like the sort of teamwork that you don't get with TDM or duels.

Blead said:
Aye ZHG TDM server is usually very crowded and fun. I don't know what your problem is with siege since you're missing out a lot by not playing it. Like the sort of teamwork that you don't get with TDM or duels.

Teamwork in a public siege, blasphemy.

Servers always looked like that. It had been pretty rare for me to get on warband and find a preferred game mode + good ping +  population in its entire life cycle.

Also, skyrim ftw :wink:

Reapy said:
Servers always looked like that. It had been pretty rare for me to get on warband and find a preferred game mode + good ping +  population in its entire life cycle.

Also, skyrim ftw :wink:

Blasphemy! KILL the tyrant!

Define good ping? In multiplayer, I have heard that everyone gets the delay of 50 ping, not sure if this is still the case, but whether you have 1 or 49 ping, the latency will feel the same. I think the tipping point is 50 its self, after that, you begin to feel a noticeable difference. Anyway, just said that in case it hadn't been mentioned before.

Juvenile said:
Just out of curiosity, what distinguishes something as "cheap and gamey?"
Kill a wild rabbit with a rusty knife, cook it for about 20 minutes and eat it without spices: pretty much free, but will taste rather gamey.
:razz:

Stuboi0 said:
Blasphemy! KILL the tyrant!

Define good ping? In multiplayer, I have heard that everyone gets the delay of 50 ping, not sure if this is still the case, but whether you have 1 or 49 ping, the latency will feel the same. I think the tipping point is 50 its self, after that, you begin to feel a noticeable difference. Anyway, just said that in case it hadn't been mentioned before.
Most EU server give me a pretty good ping of around 39. Worst I have is 80 ping. Unless there is something deliberately lagging me. Like my sister who's downloading 1000 songs again.

MadocComadrin said:
Juvenile said:
Just out of curiosity, what distinguishes something as "cheap and gamey?"
Kill a wild rabbit with a rusty knife, cook it for about 20 minutes and eat it without spices: pretty much free, but will taste rather gamey.
:razz:
Using my bare hands would most likely be cheaper, but that clears things up. Thanks Madoc.

:wink:

The OP is such a sunshine. He already made a thread like this: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,196908.msg4721395.html#msg4721395

Anyway I'm calling it alive. Look it's even splashing a little bit, see? *pokes it again* oh.. nope it rolled on its back again.

Blead said:
The OP is such a sunshine. He already made a thread like this: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,196908.msg4721395.html#msg4721395
At least he's improved his thread subject-ing from the "Beginning of a sentence, end in an ellipsis, actually say nothing of what the thread is about" crap.

Yeah and the kind of arrogant tone in which he says "I'm calling it thus it must be true" doesn't lie well with some people.

I'm happy it couldn't escalate since Lusty closed it early.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom