Is there anyway to remove hotfixes?

Users who are viewing this thread

bbaydogdu

Sergeant
As the title says. I would like to remove hotfix and turn back to previous version before the latest hotfix. Yeah I get it devs do it to improve the game etc. I just don't want any f***ing update until I complete my playtrough. Even if I turn of the auto update steam still won't let me play without updating it. So I would be so glad if you tell me is there a way get rid of the latest hotfix changes it turn back to previous version.

There is no way. Just wait till 1.7.0 reaches a point where it doesn't get hotfixes, then select that version to play in the steam beta tab and you can stay on that version forever if you want to.

This is so dissapointing man. Thank you for the reply anyway. I just got one god damn day off and TW completely f***ed it with their stupid hotfix. God I hate them so much that I can jump on a train to Ankara, get my hands on few devs and beat the cr*p out of them.

This is so dissapointing man. Thank you for the reply anyway. I just got one god damn day off and TW completely f***ed it with their stupid hotfix. God I hate them so much that I can jump on a train to Ankara, get my hands on few devs and beat the cr*p out of them.
Relax, no need to get physical. Besides, there are more devs and interns than you, so they would win that fight. What happened, if I may ask? Were you playing a modded save and the hotfix somehow corrupted it or what made you so angry?

Yeah, it's kinda upsetting that they have a beta branch but still hotfix the stable branch and break it's mods. But then I guess it's a choice of how impactful the hotfix is on the stable branch and maybe how long till the next stable version. But then again I suppose the stable version isn't really related to wanting mods to work longer, that's just something players made up. Then again, stable always inherited a collection of unresolved issues form the beta anyways.... so how id it even stable? Why are a b c hotfixed and not xyz?

I suppose if you roll back to 1.6.5 or earlier they can't hotfix that can they?

I could understand your argument if the game wasn't actively being developed. But it comes with the territory, if hot fixes bother you so much wait until a version you like goes on to the stable branch or stop playing till the game comes out of ea because complaining about hotfixes on an ea game is like complaining about how walking wears out your shoes.

God I hate them so much that I can jump on a train to Ankara, get my hands on few devs and beat the cr*p out of them.
This is something if one thinks it they should not say it, and if they say it they certainly should not do it.

Before they ban you, are you actually train distance from Ankara?
I could understand your argument if the game wasn't actively being developed. But it comes with the territory, if hot fixes bother you so much wait until a version you like goes on to the stable branch or stop playing till the game comes out of ea because complaining about hotfixes on an ea game is like complaining about how walking wears out your shoes.
The latest hotfix in question was applied unilaterally to the beta and stable versions without a period of solely being on the beta branch. And it does not have it's own version number so you cannot roll back to a version that any mods that may have broke will work on.

Also the game in question has been in development for 12 years, unfortunately many people confuse this with the likelihood that it should be near completion and somewhat stable. A common misconception.

This is something if one thinks it they should not say it, and if they say it they certainly should not do it.

Before they ban you, are you actually train distance from Ankara?

The latest hotfix in question was applied unilaterally to the beta and stable versions without a period of solely being on the beta branch. And it does not have it's own version number so you cannot roll back to a version that any mods that may have broke will work on.

Also the game in question has been in development for 12 years, unfortunately many people confuse this with the likelihood that it should be near completion and somewhat stable. A common misconception.
Yes, I can easily travel to Ankara by train. Btw that was a statement to tell how angry I felt. I'm not a savage who assaults people because of a game.

Back
Top Bottom