Is there a point to murdering enemy lords?

Users who are viewing this thread

Sturgians are dying out. If I kill their lords, do they just get replaced?

I'm a free agent still,but wanted to try and take one of their weaker castles. Got to wipe out the lords or capture them. Not saying it's a good plan, JUST ANSWER THE QUESTION

Yes, they will just get replaced. I hunted down and executed the ruler of the Khuzaits, and he was replaced by another lord. I did it again with the new ruler, and he was also replaced. I am not sure about what happens when you execute every single one of their lords, but I assume that if you did that then you already killed or captured all of their soldiers anyway and it should be the end of that faction. If it isn't the end of that faction, then it is probably something that Taleworlds should add into the game. I would suggest taking out the castle first though if you truly want to wipe out their faction entirely.

You can execute whole clans, fun times. The Kingdom/Clan leader will be replaced, until there are no more members left

Cons:
1. There are nobles that support different clans and they will dislike you if you execute somebody they support (meaning you can't recruit troops from them on standard recruit difficulty)
2. The rest of their clan immediately drops to -100 relations (not the kingdom, just their clan)

Pros:
They can't raise an army to stop you from taking their castles anymore.

You can execute whole clans, fun times. The Kingdom/Clan leader will be replaced, until there are no more members left

Cons:
1. There are nobles that support different clans and they will dislike you if you execute somebody they support (meaning you can't recruit troops from them on standard recruit difficulty)
2. The rest of their clan immediately drops to -100 relations (not the kingdom, just their clan)

Pros:
They can't raise an army to stop you from taking their castles anymore.
Also, I am not 100% sure of this, but I believe that if lords have children and you execute the lords but you can't execute the children because they aren't battle-ready yet, the children will be able to lead the faction once they are battle-ready until you execute all of them too. This could be why I observed factions going from 0 strength to a couple hundred strength after I thought they were entirely defeated, but again I am not 100% sure on this.

Yes, they will just get replaced. I hunted down and executed the ruler of the Khuzaits, and he was replaced by another lord.

he was not replaced, he simple had a heir. As in, you need to check his clan (family). If you kill the entire family, that clan is destroyed. And it doesnt come back.

same thingy for you, the player. Once you die one of your clan members (kids, wife, companions, adopted nobles, etc) will take over and you play as that character (note this sytem is still underdevelopment)

he was not replaced, he simple had a heir. As in, you need to check his clan (family). If you kill the entire family, that clan is destroyed. And it doesnt come back.

same thingy for you, the player. Once you die one of your clan members (kids, wife, companions, adopted nobles, etc) will take over and you play as that character (note this sytem is still underdevelopment)
Ah gotcha, but wouldn't a new clan take over the faction once the ruling clan is gone?

Ah gotcha, but wouldn't a new clan take over the faction once the ruling clan is gone?

clans will switch to another kingdom if things are going bad, but the balance here is still being worked on. But yes, the faction will survive while there are clans to rule it. Eventually you will trigger the [faction destroy] event and they will become faction-less (and move on to other kingdoms).

early on 1.0 clans were jumping around like crazy. Then a patch tuned it down. Now you can see they doing a last standing when they are down to one castle/town. Things are still far from a good balance, so expect it to change in the future again.

I had the experience that there were three large kingdoms left, one of them mine, and when I took a ride around, there were almost no lords left. I think the factions I were attacking just kept hiring lords from other factions and from mercenary companies until there were no more.

Back
Top Bottom