Is there a cap to the number of troops a lord can get from fiefs? What's best?

Users who are viewing this thread

KiriKaneko

Veteran
I know lords have to pay for their troops so they can't have more troops than they can pay for (they disband them)

If I gave a lord like 20 villages so he has tons of cash and gave him like 5 towns and 15 castles he wouldnt end up with 1k+ troops right? But then, he has the cash income from all those villages and towns. Assuming their prosperity is ok then why? Is it tax inefficiency for the lord? What's the limit they can manage and what's the optimal amount and type of fiefs to give to a good honourable lord?

I've never found that peak point, althought I tried. AI lords can handle numerous fiefs and they seem to benefit from every next that you give them. So my bet is that there is no at all/very small tax ineff. for your lords.
    I tried to make "fake king" (500+ partysize) out of lord 2 times- first time it worked nice- he became good marshall and did a lot of besiedging for me, The second time he not only was really lame marshall (no siedges at all, period), he didn't even answer my calls (100 relations, honorable guy... but he had something better to do every time I  needed him.). No big deal, but 500 army was wasted.

So starting with obivious- the best way is to give all the cities and castles to honorable lords. Imo is the best  to split them more or less at even rate,  (which is in fact  giving fiefs to most poor lords who are also the least devoted to you). In the end each of them have like 2 cities 1 vilage or 11 villages or 4 castles 3 villages and this equals 150-250 party size for each "proper" lord (and high level of devotion to your cause, too). I avoid giving anything nice to the khergits and feed them villages only, that's not obligatory, tho.
To sum it up another obvious thing- don't give anything but villages (better yet nothing at all) to non-honorable lords.

p.s. fiefs prosperity is appareantly related to owner's party size, but I never cared about it at all and nothing bad ever happened, so that's more like funfact.

Thankyou for the info!

P.S khergits are surprisingly good in sieges compared to the poor show they put on in the field against anything other than a ranged army

I hate them on personal level, pretty badly, at sieges
I often use 30-50 lancers (cheap but viable knock-off for h. cav). I agree at the whole rest of their troopers, they just riding in circless and shoot arrows in random directions.

. I was quite dissapointed about HA by AI in generall, but lately I'm trying mod called dickplomacy (that's not a typo,  it's just creator is from 4chan). For what I know this mod is excatly the same as diplomacy with some cosmetic kinky stuff for lolz. My point is that this tragedy from Nativei pretty easy to fix and the difference is crazy. You can order such troops to charge and they will effectively avoid contact and first of all  they will start to aim at enemies.(On top of that autor even introduced outlaw pack called Black Kherghit Riders which is pretty strong). /OTT

Back
Top Bottom