Is the game in a good state atm?

Users who are viewing this thread

It's very obvious a lot of people were expecting a finished game when they bought EA - i don't blame them for thinking that it has been a long time... but this is still very much an EA title.
You can make the game semi enjoyable currently with a few mods, but even then the gameplay is literally just constant mass warfare.

I want the battles to be more strategic and longer AI is still pretty dumb and just Charges into you also the meele holds just a few seconds before the lines break and its over.

I want the battles to be more strategic and longer AI is still pretty dumb and just Charges into you also the meele holds just a few seconds before the lines break and its over.
Yep, the battle AI is 50/50 for me, sometimes you get some epic battles, and then other times the ai does some stupid ass formation that loses a battle you should easily win. For example they will set the infantry to loose formation and then run into the enemy line, while this can create some cool spaced out 1v1 combat, sometimes the enemy line just runs past and attacks the archers standing behind.

The biggest problem right now i'd say is armies being largely filled out with peasants. The Ai doesn't use them any different to heavy infantry so the battles are often just these meat bags being slaughtered and then fleeing, causing the 3 second battles.

Last edited:
Yep, the battle AI is 50/50 for me, sometimes you get some epic battles, and then other times the ai does some stupid ass formation that loses a battle you should easily win. For example they will set the infantry to loose formation and then run into the enemy line, while this can create some cool spaced out 1v1 combat, sometimes the enemy line just runs past and attacks the archers standing behind.

The biggest problem right now i'd say is armies being largely filled out with peasants. The Ai doesn't use them any different to heavy infantry so the battles are often just these meat bags being slaughtered and then fleeing, causing in 3 second battles.
Yeah agreed. Peasants are very very vulnerable to arrow fire is the issue - which is part of the reason archers are so effective. I think either making the A.I level troops faster or just giving recruits a basic wooden shield would do alot.

All the peasant classes have shields in MP - so there are good options for each.

Yeah agreed. Peasants are very very vulnerable to arrow fire is the issue - which is part of the reason archers are so effective. I think either making the A.I level troops faster or just giving recruits a basic wooden shield would do alot.

All the peasant classes have shields in MP - so there are good options for each.

Not just peasants. Any unshielded unit is currently getting wrecked by archers pretty fast. I have made some tests and even a legionary gets killed just with two shoots froms Empire Palatine Guards if one of them is a headshoot. The thing is that headshots happens pretty often.

I think that something should be done with archers damage, reloading speed or who knows, but archers dps should be reduced in order to make this game more enjoyable.

Not just peasants. Any unshielded unit is currently getting wrecked by archers pretty fast. I have made some tests and even a legionary gets killed just with two shoots froms Empire Palatine Guards if one of them is a headshoot. The thing is that headshots happens pretty often.

I think that something should be done with archers damage, reloading speed or Who knows, but archers dps should be reduced un order to make this game more enjoyable.
Perhaps archer accuracy could be adjusted; but to be fair unshielded units should be shredded by archers. Perhaps the A.I needs to get better at using them. I do believe that units in shield wall should position units without shields behind the lines. That might help.

Perhaps archer accuracy could be adjusted; but to be fair unshielded units should be shredded by archers. Perhaps the A.I needs to get better at using them. I do believe that units in shield wall should position units without shields behind the lines. That might help.

Not sure if you have checked this thread yet:

I have done tons of tests and while reducing accuracy helps a bit, the main problems are:

- Shielded units do not use shields properly to block projectiles. I have "fixed" this changing a parameter in game files.
- AI uses its archers usually pretty poorly. Some factions like Vlandia and Sturgia (Khuzait use foot archers properly most of the time), just go ahead with archers and suicide them.
- Even if the above points get fixed, archers dps is still insane in terms of destroying unshielded units like if they would be firing an AK47.

The result is that having 50 T5 archers units in your army (pretty easy to achieve in <100 first days), means that you will be able to masacre parties of 150 men or so without almost any loss for your side. This is one of the worst issues de have currently if you enjoy playing challenging games.

Plus Palatine Guard and Marksman are also pretty OP in melee fight, which makes the things even worse.

Back
Top Bottom