Is it worth doing main questline now?

Users who are viewing this thread

The thing is, making a kingdom is useless anyway without all of its full features. While joining a kingdom.. Well I can do that without the quest, not really sure how the quest helps me with that since I can just do it on my own.

To answer your question: No. The main quest is not worth doing, to sum it up:

1st part, 'Neretze's Folly', I find this part cool for the background of the collapse of the empire but it could've been tied much more seamlessly to Arzagos desire to destroy the empire by having a sidequest or storyline that highlights the excesses and abuses of power in the empire. For any1 not interested in storytelling the first part is simply an annoyance.

2nd part, Assemble the banner - simplistic to the point of being an insult to any1 with half a storytelling hearth. Basically it's a second part tutorial on raiding the hide-outs. It's not just boring, it's a bit condescending to think that players haven't learned it by the first lesson and besides the hide outs isn't exactly rocketscience since everyone atleast understand the objective. A greater focus on logistics, horses to men ratio, bows/crosbows to swords etc. would've been more welcome imo.

3rd part, Destroy/Unify the empire: I simply can't see anything gained by the conspiracy plots. They're imo the worst thought out and implemented "feature" I've seen in a long, long time. My problem with this part of the quest line is basically the same as with the smithing mechanics, in smithing they went with the laziest option imaginable - RNG, and at the same time borked the economy to smithereens by somehow allowing insane sale prices for javelins. In this quest they basically introduced a grind element as a storytelling element. It would've been more interesting if they had added diplomacy, council, rights/obligations layers as those we see in Crusader Kings fx. and then made the quest revolve around first securing support for your house within a region (fx. all Vlandian villages/cities should have x amount of relations to the players clan, while having quests, trade, warbands etc. increase those relations including marrying followers to notables). Anything really other than what we got.

The final part is prob what I don't really see atm - what happens when you've finished the main storyline? - this could be solved by having the main storyline act as a tutorial to an indepth diplomacy, clan lineage, village/town, warstrategy tutorial and by finishing your clan is considered "homo novus" or a clan of "new men" at the top of societys hiearchy with the distinction of having proven yourself worthy to be considered peers of the realm, but the stigma of being upstarts.

To answer your question: No. The main quest is not worth doing, to sum it up:

1st part, 'Neretze's Folly', I find this part cool for the background of the collapse of the empire but it could've been tied much more seamlessly to Arzagos desire to destroy the empire by having a sidequest or storyline that highlights the excesses and abuses of power in the empire. For any1 not interested in storytelling the first part is simply an annoyance.

2nd part, Assemble the banner - simplistic to the point of being an insult to any1 with half a storytelling hearth. Basically it's a second part tutorial on raiding the hide-outs. It's not just boring, it's a bit condescending to think that players haven't learned it by the first lesson and besides the hide outs isn't exactly rocketscience since everyone atleast understand the objective. A greater focus on logistics, horses to men ratio, bows/crosbows to swords etc. would've been more welcome imo.

3rd part, Destroy/Unify the empire: I simply can't see anything gained by the conspiracy plots. They're imo the worst thought out and implemented "feature" I've seen in a long, long time. My problem with this part of the quest line is basically the same as with the smithing mechanics, in smithing they went with the laziest option imaginable - RNG, and at the same time borked the economy to smithereens by somehow allowing insane sale prices for javelins. In this quest they basically introduced a grind element as a storytelling element. It would've been more interesting if they had added diplomacy, council, rights/obligations layers as those we see in Crusader Kings fx. and then made the quest revolve around first securing support for your house within a region (fx. all Vlandian villages/cities should have x amount of relations to the players clan, while having quests, trade, warbands etc. increase those relations including marrying followers to notables). Anything really other than what we got.

The final part is prob what I don't really see atm - what happens when you've finished the main storyline? - this could be solved by having the main storyline act as a tutorial to an indepth diplomacy, clan lineage, village/town, warstrategy tutorial and by finishing your clan is considered "homo novus" or a clan of "new men" at the top of societys hiearchy with the distinction of having proven yourself worthy to be considered peers of the realm, but the stigma of being upstarts.
+1. Cool idea on your last paragraph but sadly we all know whom we are dealing with.

3rd part, Destroy/Unify the empire: I simply can't see anything gained by the conspiracy plots. They're imo the worst thought out and implemented "feature" I've seen in a long, long time. My problem with this part of the quest line is basically the same as with the smithing mechanics, in smithing they went with the laziest option imaginable
I have a question: If you actually do this part of the quest and make a kingdom from it, do you defeated factions (as instructed by quest line) actually disappear or do they just become never ending zombie village raid insects like when you de-fief a faction normally (meaning without quest).

To be honest who actually cares about this anymore just a really stupid quest. With no actual benefits. I mean start your own faction at clan tier 3 good luck with that.

If you love doing hideout assaults again and again and ****ing again go for it, this is all the "mainquest" is for now.

In warband the initial quest had one hideout assault to teach you the initial ropes in gameplay and that was fine.

For bannerlord it seems their quest designer just froze his brain on the hideout assault part and copy-pasted it ad aeternum with small lore snippets between each one, no unique scenes, interesting intrigues or plot twists, nothing..

I say this as someone who loves doing quests, Bannerlord's one is a real bummer specially coming from Viking Conquest that had an awesome and meaningful mainquest which led me to have high hopes for the storytelling department of bannerlord..

Last edited:
I have a question: If you actually do this part of the quest and make a kingdom from it, do you defeated factions (as instructed by quest line) actually disappear or do they just become never ending zombie village raid insects like when you de-fief a faction normally (meaning without quest).
all remaining clans (even ruler clans) join other kingdoms as vassals, thus the faction dissapears

all remaining clans (even ruler clans) join other kingdoms as vassals, thus the faction dissapears
Well that's good. In normal gameplay they seem to just persist forever. But if you're not a kingdom you can just pay them for peace and they wreak havoc on the other factions, making new opportunities for you clan :smile:

Back
Top Bottom