Is it possible that we will get to craft armor too at some point?

Users who are viewing this thread

I don't hope so, would make modding armor stats similarly difficult as for melee weapons. My dream would be a total removal of smithing.

Would have been nice to at least have something basic, like being able to mix a lower layer (clothe/mail/etc) and a top (tabard/coat of plates/robe/ whatever). Many of these things are already in the game, but it would have been nice to be able to get them without hunting for them.

I don't hope so, would make modding armor stats similarly difficult as for melee weapons. My dream would be a total removal of smithing.
It's never going to change for vanilla because of game mechanics tied to the skill tree. I'd imagine it would be way too much for Taleworlds to even attempt given the rate of development.

Just download Banner Kings mod. It includes armor crafting. https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/3826
I don't think the armor crafting system in Banner Kings is what anyone thinks of when they think of armor crafting. Its really nothing more than a big store where you can buy armor pieces for cash and some resources. There's no customization at all. You just pick a stock armor piece from a list. True armor crafting would require some mixing and matching of components to make something unique. To make a crafting system like that without horrendous clipping issues seems like a much harder project than weapon crafting, and even weapon crafting doesn't work right.

Is it possible that we can get to craft armors too at some point?
It's not happening; and if by some miracle it does it's going to be paid DLC.

In theory armor should be pretty easy to implement since you'd just have the one piece. So really all you have to account for is materials (you know maybe give some player use for Leather/Linen) and any metals. Then I'd just have one slider were you can increase/lower weight which thereby lowers/increase protection.

So you could in theory create "super" armor with exceptional protection, but it would weigh a ton and turn you into a proverbial turtle. Or alternatively you could make a piece lighter, but with less protection.

Problem is the current Smithing skill tree would have to be re-worked to account for Armor smithing (though I guess TW could ignore it, make it purely skill based). So that's basically why I can say with 100% confidence we'll never see it.

I would like that ; maybe also bows & crossbows?
That's technically more "fletching" (also no need to really create arrows/bolt since you don't exactly run out). Considering the strength of ranged weapons as is, I'd be deafly afraid to see a player crafted Noble Long Bow...

Is it possible that we can get to craft armors too at some point?
i strongly believe that was their first plan, but since they are having both placement and clipping issues endlessly with what we already have in-game, I'm not sure if it's feasible or even possible under the same detail and lengths that weapon crafting currently is - but to me it would be okay to have the default pre-made armors as craftable choices - instead of making it into a piecing mini-game, armor crafting could be limited to material choices + upgrades/reinforcements -- I'd totally dig that in a heartbeat.
In fact, I think similarly towards the weapon crafting, I'd much prefer having choices of material to be used possibly turning any cosmetical choices into t6 weapons than having meta pieces with predefined materials - although being able to choose piece sizes and length would probably be needed with weapons regardless and as such floating and clipping issues would remain the same.

Back
Top Bottom