Ironsights...?

There should be ironsights?

• yes

Votes: 97 44.3%
  • no

Votes: 122 55.7%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

90% of posters think its ridiclious "hollywood" idea... And still 40% voted "yes"! What the hell people??? If you know so little of this era, why even bother playing this mod? Everyone knows there wasn`t irong sights in muskets  :mrgreen:
And for example, googel "musket", you can`t find real one that has iron sight :mrgreen:

Muskets didnt have iron sights. Even if they were introduced, because of nature of M&B, to use them properly in first your player would literally have to put the centre of the musket in the middle of his face.

I have 3 replicas on muskets. 2 Charleville, 1 Brown Bess. All have ironsights. They are just small bits of metal that stick out of the front of the barrel.

marchal davout said:
I have 3 replicas on muskets. 2 Charleville, 1 Brown Bess. All have ironsights. They are just small bits of metal that stick out of the front of the barrel.

That's a bayonet lug, not a sight.

Azrooh said:
marchal davout said:

its not. Bayonet lugs are square. These are pinched bits of metal.

Also the lug is underneith the barrel, these are on top

marchal davout said:
Azrooh said:
marchal davout said:

Underneath the gun? That's where the ramrod is, doesn't seem like a bayonet would fit well there. Do you have pictures of it?

Azrooh said:
marchal davout said:
Azrooh said:
marchal davout said:

Underneath the gun? That's where the ramrod is, doesn't seem like a bayonet would fit well there. Do you have pictures of it?
sorry. you were right its on top, The square thing. But look behind it. THAT is the ironsight

M1816_frontband.jpg

indiabess1.jpg
S258b.jpg

I see one bayonet lug and no iron sight on both of them. Maybe your replica wasn't researched well?

What is that thing? Looks like a cross between a Charleville and a Brown Bess..
Also, looking over that sight, it looks like every single pistol and musket has an iron sight. I'm not sure they're overly trustworthy in the historical department.

Really, look at this:
P33FR_left.jpg
Why would you need a sight on something that doesn't shoot straight past 10 yards?

Azrooh said:
Also, looking over that sight, it looks like every single pistol and musket has an iron sight. I'm not sure they're overly trustworthy in the historical department.
Its a cherleville because of the rings aroung the barrel. That picture is linked with Henry Crank, a historical firearms and weapons dealer.

Its just there to help aim it. Its just there to assist

marchal davout said:
Azrooh said:
Its a cherleville because of the rings aroung the barrel. That picture is linked with Henry Crank, a historical firearms and weapons dealer.

Then your Charleville fixes a British bayonet. The lug should be under the barrel as you said earlier, not on top of it..

Back
Top Bottom