Iron Man 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Care to give a reasoning, Barf? Tread lightly, your knowledge of beloved comedic characters will not get you far here.

Coincidentally, going to see it this weekend hopefully. I am PSYCHED. Iron Man is my second favorite superhero film of all time, right behind Spider-Man 2.

What the **** is everyone staring for?

And what, my good sir, is wrong with the massive pile of **** known as Spider-Man 2? I for one found it contained everything needed within a good hero story -- an interesting baddie, reasonable conflict, kick-ass action scenes, inner struggles, non-cancerous romance plots. For some reason I love all 3 Spider-Man movies, despite their flaws. You heard me. 3.

CJ1145 said:
And what, my good sir, is wrong with the massive pile of **** known as Spider-Man 2? I for one found it contained everything needed within a good hero story -- an interesting baddie, reasonable conflict, kick-ass action scenes, inner struggles, non-cancerous romance plots. For some reason I love all 3 Spider-Man movies, despite their flaws. You heard me. 3.
They were all good movies, people are probably just bitter because whats-his-face didn't spout enough bad one-liners at everything he hit.

True, though I think it is a unanimous decision that the dance scene in 3 is the single worst sequence in the entire trilogy.

Unrelated, but I'm kind of pissed off that they're rebooting the series only 3 movies in; although I can't blame them. With the lead gone, it'd be hard to continue. That, and these movies have a bad habit of killing off Spidey's best villains.

Lets face it. Spiderman is up there with Superman and Thor for being the most **** superheroes ever.

Though, not for the same reasons.

Spiderman 3 was the weakest by far

reasons (lots o spoilers here for people that didn't see any spiderman movies).
The first spiderman had the origin of spiderman and a kickass villain played by willem dafoe, all while integrating peter parkers mantra, power=responsibility.
the second had some amazing fight scenes with doc-ock plus you got the whole underdog vibe from the amazing scene where he stops the train and peter struggling to decide between what he wants to do and the right thing to do.

The third had nothing for me, topher grace as venom was a miscast, ^ as mentioned had odd dance scenes.
They couldn't have casted anyone better for sandman but the script didn't tie him into the story well enough.

What might have saved the movie for me is if they removed Topher Grace and put Thomas Haden Church in his place as Venom.
Leave the sandman storyline out entirely.....I didn't feel any tension in the fight scenes nor even care when harry sacrificed himself either.
and why did the suit turn peter into an emo-*******, all it should have done is make him more aggressive and increase his strength.

Iron man 2
(again spoilers)
Iron man 1 had the creation of mark I, the creation of mark II/III (practically the same).
the sacrifice of Ho Yinsen, starks realization that his weapons are being used to murder innocent people.
the plot involving Obadiah Stane trying to take over his company, ILM did 90% of the special effects which looked awesome....

Iron man 2 had no evolution of anything....warmachine was just mark II painted black with a gatling gun, and we get to see it fight for all of 20 seconds.
Stark gives up his company to pepper pots but that doesn't change anything, theres no emotional connection between stark and vanko. Vanko acted more like a hitman
than someone dedicating his life to the ruination of tony stark. The special effects and animations were all commissioned to the lowest bidders and it looked like ****.
not a single suit re-design, unless you consider the triangle on his chest a re-design, they could have went with something like the extremis armor.
hell adi granov designed the mark III, why didn't they let him make the mark IIII or whatever....Vanko dies in his confontation with stark in like 10 seconds.

The best part of the movie for me was when Black Widow was beating the **** out of a bunch of bodyguards using what looked like a plausible fighting style, suddenly the pacing is dead on and the choreography was excellent.....plus shes wearing black leather.

^Perfect, Tom Cruise is already in character at the head of an evil corporate regime.
Night Ninja said:
Plausible fighting style my rear end.
Three or four of the takedowns she does are mixed martial arts moves capable of knocking out an opponent, whether it be judo or brazilian jiu-jitsu, all the moves are "plausible", even for someone with a small frame.....im not saying its realistic cause it isn't but what matters is that it doesn't take you out of the movie experience to say something like "my god that was stupid".

heres an example of good plausible fight scenes.
Achilles vs Hector in 'Troy'
Old boy, with Oh Dae-Su fighting through the hallway with a hammer.
just about any fight scene from Fist of Legend, (the last one is corny)

vs **** fight scenes movies such as

Batman Begins (cant see ****)
Resident Evil extinction
Ninja Assassin
Any movie where a guy is surrounded by 5+ people and they take their turns getting their asses handed to them instead of taking the initiative and attacking all at the same time.
Extraneous use of slow motion or/and frame cutting.
Road Runner's Coyote syndrome, (my nuke didn't work the first time because a black hole came out of nowhere and swallowed it last time so its not worth trying again).

Most of the moves are fairly low-key and not absolutely silly, but the main thing that stood out in my mind was that twirly takedown she did on one guard. That was ridiculous.

Agreed on Batman Begins. All you could see was a blur of motion and mooks flying around. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom