Iron Man 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Saw the trailer a while ago, I enjoyed the first one so it should be an OK action film.

Just don't expect it to be the smartest film of the year.

Yeah I liked the first one, but I bet this one won't be as good.  I'll still see it.

EDIT:  HOLY **** IS THAT THE ACTOR WHO PLAYED JAW'S YOUNGER BROTHER?!?!

The cast of this movie is so ambiguous. I'm expecting Rampage Jackson to appear in it.

Mickey Rourke? nice

Stan Lee as Larry King, lulz.

Ati said:
I thought the first one was too "family friendly" :S.

Yes. Terrorism, Playboyism, Blowy-uppiness, attempted murder and actual murder are all family themes!

Dude, he's a comic book hero, not some kind of sordid adults only character.

I dunno what's supposed to be so scary about a guy with energy whips though. You're IRON MAN. You can fly and shoot energy beams!

Mage246 said:
I dunno what's supposed to be so scary about a guy with energy whips though. You're IRON MAN. You can fly and shoot energy beams!

Huh. Melee weapons vs dude who can fly and shoot energy beams. Did they just expect us to go: "he is DUEL-WEILDINGZ, he must be teh awesome!"

They should have brought in the Mandarin, that's a comparable threat. Also, it would help us get our hate on towards China.

Guy who can fly and shoot energy beams which knock people backwards vs. Guy with energy whips capable of cutting straight through a car

Could go either way in my book. Iron Man's hand stabiliser energy beamthingies are pretty much used as melee weapons anyway.. if a guy is too close, bam, he's not any more
Anyway, it's fairly clear the fellow with whips is not the main villain.

Dain Ironfoot said:
Guy who can fly and shoot energy beams which knock people backwards vs. Guy with energy whips capable of cutting straight through a car

Could go either way in my book. Iron Man's hand stabiliser energy beamthingies are pretty much used as melee weapons anyway.. if a guy is too close, bam, he's not any more

Yeah but he can also shoot auto targeting rockets which he used to kill all those terrorists in the #1's hostage scene... And destroy a tank.

Radalan said:
Dain Ironfoot said:

Yeah but he can also shoot auto targeting rockets which he used to kill all those terrorists in the #1's hostage scene... And destroy a tank.

Yes. Those are the abilities I'd worry about.

Anyway, Mr Whippy doesn't look like the main baddie, whoever is building that army of armour that they fight at the end of the trailer, I'd guess he is the main baddie.

Dain Ironfoot said:
Yes. Those are the abilities I'd worry about.

Anyway, Mr Whippy doesn't look like the main baddie, whoever is building that army of armour that they fight at the end of the trailer, I'd guess he is the main baddie.

I'm pretty sure that Whiplash is the main bad guy in this film, at least the main bad guy who is physically present. Justin Hammer is also set to be a bad guy, but seeing as he wasn't even in the trailer, I doubt he'll have a bigger role than the guy who cut a Stark race car in two with his electrified tentacles.

Even in the first film, the group that Stane had kidnap Stark was associated with (or maybe they are?) the Ten Rings, which is run by the Mandarin, who is the main villain in the Iron Man comics.

Jon Favreau (the director) compared it to the villains in Star Wars. The Emporer is the main guy behind everything, but Darth Vader is the guy you want to see fight, what you build to. sure, you blow up the Death Star in part 1, but you don't fight Darth Vader. save the big finale for vol. 3 the same relationship between The Mandarin and Stane, the group who kidnapped Stark, Whiplash, Justin Hammer, etc.

can't wait til this comes out. one of the movies I'm looking forward to this year.

Ati said:
I thought the first one was too "family friendly" :S.
Try Watchmen, then.

Anyways, the first one was great. I love the character, he's such a badass, and Robert Downey Jr. plays it well.

Back
Top Bottom