SP Native Iron Arm of Vlandia - Troop Overhaul

Users who are viewing this thread

Compatible version
e1.5.7-e1.6.4
Iron Arm of Vlandia
Troop Overhaul
Download @ Nexus Mods
In honor of Osrac Iron-Arm, the first king of Vlandia, this mod overhauls the troops of Vlandia to look more organised and proper while keeping faithful to the Vlandian culture.

959-1588065372-1377097847.jpeg
959-1588065380-340453712.jpeg

The main tree has gotten an overhaul in the equipment and weaponry, along with one new unit on the spearman line. Crossbowmen no longer have their pavise shields (and the Rhodok wept...), while the rest of the tree look more unified and properly organised.

In terms of Elite troops, the Tier 1 unit has lost their horse and a new line of longbowmen has been added. The Vlandians did after all take Battanian lands and it only makes sense that they would adopt the archery culture of the Battanians. This also has the added effect of making the Vlandians less overpowered compared to their neighbours.

Compatibility patch for Noble Troops is available.

First off, let me start by saying that I absolutely love your mod, the design is awesome.

I just have a small problem, and I honestly don't even know if it is a problem. My troop trees are not exactly the same as the pictures that you have shown. Firstly, there are no Esquire's or bowman in any towns or villages. Their troop trees appear in the encyclopedia but it is not connected to the rest of the trees. Also, i have doubles now. the old troop trees are still active, so the armies are a bit jumbled up. I didn't install the archer file, but they still appear in the encyclopedia.

I don't know if this is how it should be, or if the mod is incorrectly installed or the load order is incorrect. Iron Arm of Vlandia is loaded before (underneath) swadian armoury and the TW mods. I did did already try to uninstall and re-install the mod as well as starting a new game, but it didn't work.

As I said, this isn't a major problem.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom