Invisible armor on battlefield

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello.

I've combined a few of the armor pieces from RGCoTL's OSP to make a full set of armor using Wings3D. I imported it into the OSP's .brf and it displayed fine in openBRF (no checkerboard). I then added it in module_items with the following code:

Code:
["roman_lorica_musculata", "Lorica Musculata", [("a_tribune_armor1",0)], itp_merchandise|itp_type_body_armor|itp_covers_legs,0, 2440 , weight(7.5)|abundance(100)|head_armor(0)|body_armor(45)|leg_armor(8)|difficulty(7) ,imodbits_cloth ],

It also displayed fine in the in-game inventory (also: is there any way to flip the helmet icon?):

jQI28bw.png

But then down below you can see the armor model is invisible:

VkJ6ug2.png

In game it is also invisible and I will sometimes get weird graphical errors like this:

fOQNRlv.jpg

I also tried adding the tip_attach_armature flag, but it didn't seem to change anything.
What have I done wrong this time?

Probably not. Although it looks like openBRF can only export rigged meshes into .SMD and .ma files, neither of which can be imported into Wings3D. How exactly do I do it?

I thought I had done everything right this time but this is what I now have:

tNUE8iZ.png

So clearly I've done something wrong.

What I did:
1. Opened openBRF
2. Complete copied an element of the armor
3. Pasted the mesh and rigging on top of the base breastplate
4. 1-3 for each element of the armor

Abot said:

tNUE8iZ.png

What I did:
1. Opened openBRF

Rigging is a central part of an outfit, even more vital than good topology, although they are complementary.
Take time and learn how to do it properly with the help of Blender, or Fragmotion, or 3ds Max, or Maya, or Notepad.

Once you get the automatic weights thanks to the skeleton proximity and bone volumes the rest is just painting colors and moving limbs to see how they behave. Pretty quick, still cumbersome to do and a very ingrate task, nobody will thank you for it.

Hello

Can you upload the .obj file somewhere?I will try it out

(I am new to this too but i will try my best)

Swyter said:
Abot said:

tNUE8iZ.png

What I did:
1. Opened openBRF

Rigging is a central part of an outfit, even more vital than good topology, although they are complementary.
Take time and learn how to do it properly with the help of Blender, or Fragmotion, or 3ds Max, or Maya, or Notepad.

Once you get the automatic weights thanks to the skeleton proximity and bone volumes the rest is just painting colors and moving limbs to see how they behave. Pretty quick, still cumbersome to do and a very ingrate task, nobody will thank you for it.

Right, but these items have already been individually rigged. Is it just that combining meshes with separate rigs into one model with one rig is not possible? And if it is, how is it done?

uthvag said:
Hello

Can you upload the .obj file somewhere?I will try it out

(I am new to this too but i will try my best)

The completely unrigged mesh: https://www.dropbox.com/s/86bqrke2ar8pz76/a_tribune_armor.obj

Back
Top Bottom