Interesting phenomenon - endless feast

Users who are viewing this thread

Background
--------------
As the owner of the only fief left of the Khergit Khanate, I was holding a feast to buy the loyalty of the few lords that were still vassals of Dustum Khan (who I already rebelled for while the Khergits only held 1 fief). While the feast was still ongoing, I decided to start my own kingdom by running up to my husband (who defected to the Nords) and asking for his support. After rebelling, I won instantly since I was the controller of the only fief they had left, and the only thing left to do was to beat the crap out of Dustum Khan, and then the Khergits are defeated. The Khergit Khanate is dead. Long live the Principality of Narra!

The endless feast
--------------------
After a few more in-game years(!) of waiting for a weakness in the other factions still standing (Nords steamrolled Vaegirs, Rhodoks pwned Swadians after a death struggle with Nords over Dhirim, Sarranids took most Khergit land except Narra) since they had armies numbering in the thousands, I noticed that in Narra, there was still a feast, even though it had literally been years since it started.

Exploits
---------
You might be able to exploit the endless feast by holding a feast before you rebel, then defeat the enemies quickly. So, every few weeks, you can refresh the relations boost you gain by speaking to lords at the feast...

The feast doesn't end because of a bug that went unfixed for years. But recently I found an easy bugfix. Now the game will conclude feasts in your kingdom after a few days, just like it does for feasts in other kingdoms.

The code is posted here:
so if you can access the module system, then you can easily apply the fix yourself (since no lines of code are changed, only new ones are inserted).

I also posted info on how to edit the compiled txt files, but that's only for Native.

Back
Top Bottom