Interesting idea

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking at screenshots from the new mod 'With Fire and Sword' and it looks like they have an actual caravan on the battlefield when a caravan is attacked. There is a circle of wagons with the defenders inside and just a small gap to defend. Not sure how difficult it would be to add something like that to POP, but I think it would be interesting. 'With Fire and Sword' isn't out yet, so I don't know the details, but I have always wanted to see a caravan on the field when I attacked one.

nice idea although i "never" attack caravans so not that big of deal for me, still the idea of attacking something on the field wich has a fortivcation is a +2 for the idea

(so for example when attacking a caravan the caravan has defenses, of when you camp on the field (wait through the camp options) romans always builded fortifications when resting ^_^

and a paliside for villages is also nice, always strange how those bandits just pop up in the middle of town :p

so + 2 for the idea!

HarryB said:
I was looking at screenshots from the new mod 'With Fire and Sword' and it looks like they have an actual caravan on the battlefield when a caravan is attacked. There is a circle of wagons with the defenders inside and just a small gap to defend. Not sure how difficult it would be to add something like that to POP, but I think it would be interesting. 'With Fire and Sword' isn't out yet, so I don't know the details, but I have always wanted to see a caravan on the field when I attacked one.

By your description, it sounds like they created a new mission template with a new battle scene environment that is used when encountering caravans. (i.e not the regular field battle mission template).

I'd settle just to have a few wagons randomly spawn near the enemies starting location..... with a looooowww chance of a lootable chest being in one of the wagons per caravan battle.

Treebeard said:
By your description, it sounds like they created a new mission template with a new battle scene environment that is used when encountering caravans. (i.e not the regular field battle mission template).

I called it a mod, but it is the 'official' expansion. Being that they are going to get paid they obviously have more resources to devote to their game. It is supposedly going to be released Q1 of this year which means it should be out in the next month or two. Maybe when it comes out you could take a look at it and see if there are things from it that could be worked into POP 4; if you have the time and inclination to do so. Details of the game are sketchy at this point, but the screenshots look good and it does look interesting.

I went and looked at the shots again and I'm not sure if there is a gap in the wagons. They did show guys jumping over the wagons to get to the troops inside. If you are curious you can click on the link on the main Taleworlds website and then go to the factions tab. Under the Polish Republic are the screenshots with the caravan in them.

Another mod on here added buildings to the tournament fields, which I thought was a nice touch. The environment changed based on what the town was known for.
A town known for lancers, for example, would have scenery you might find in a jousting ring.

Not to downplay this mod. It does so much that is so awesome, and I am grateful for whatever I get! I'm just saying that bits of scenery here and there are never bad. Not required by any stretch of the imagination, but cool none the less.

Alright Everyone,

Kept this open for a little bit, but honestly do not want to turn this into a suggestion thread, since as stated before we are not taking suggestions.

Please note we do appreciate the feedback, and perhaps you may see something like this down the line, but as we've always stated, most of our work is pretty unique, so we may use something like this, but expand upon it ten folds if we see it's feasible, or we may try something totally different.

Only time will tell and I guess you'll just have to wait and see what we have store for you guys in the future.

regards,

MP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom