Information about developments at snowballing problem

Users who are viewing this thread

I made one more test
0Tj1wq3.png

Aseraio and Khuzaits going strong.
How it happen that Vladia under perform so much?
Also that Sturgia...
In a few of his tests Vlandia hasn't struggled that much and in one they even expanded a bit.

My own personal guess is from what I saw myself is that once Charas is taken, their supply of horses drastically is reduced. Another big hits comes from when their 2 most northern cities in the mountains are taken. 2 cities so close and so defensible that taking them back is really hard for the Vlandia. With these loses, the kingdom just slowly starts going back economically. They can still take back their cities, only to lose them pretty fast due to their army not being as strong as their enemy due to the lack of knights.

Sturgia usually gets screwed over if they don't secure their borders and expand into the Empire. If they don't, they usually grow stale due to the Batannians being too heavily defended and the Khuzaits both countering them with their horse archers and being OP atm (Which is thankfully hopefully not gonna be the case in the next hotfix patch for 1.5.6). They can succede, but it can be hard at times for them.

Last edited:
In a few of his tests Vlandia hasn't struggled that much and in one they even expanded a bit.

My own personal guess is from what I saw myself is that once Charas is taken, their supply of horses drastically is reduced. Another big hits comes from when their 2 most northern cities in the mountains are taken. 2 cities so close and so defensible that taking them back is really hard for the Vlandia. With these loses, the kingdom just slowly starts going back economically. They can still take back their cities, only to lose them pretty fast due to their army not being as strong as their enemy due to the lack of knights.

Sturgia usually gets screwed over if they don't secure their borders and expand into the Empire. If they don't, they usually grow stale due to the Batannians being too heavily defended and the Khuzaits both countering them with their horse archers and being OP atm (Which is thankfully hopefully not gonna be the case in the next hotfix patch for 1.5.6). They can succede, but it can be hard at times for them.

In my experience Vlandia becomes OP if they manage to take Battanian lands. In few playthroughs I had they became strongest force right after Khuzaits with this. There is a pattern for this to happen. Vlandia needs to take Norvarsk? And Pendraic cause they hold villages with horses and this cuts off Battanian horse supply.

@mexxico The AI doesn't need to have horses in equipment to upgrade cavalry but do they need access to villages with horses or is there any connection between such villages and number of cavalry in AI parties? Or is it pure accident that they have less cavalry after they lose acces to horse sources?

@mexxico The AI doesn't need to have horses in equipment to upgrade cavalry but do they need access to villages with horses or is there any connection between such villages and number of cavalry in AI parties? Or is it pure accident that they have less cavalry after they lose acces to horse sources?

They do not need horses to upgrade troops to cavalry ones. So there is no connection currently but I hope one day we can get rid of this AI cheat then there will be a connection.

They do not need horses to upgrade troops to cavalry ones. So there is no connection currently but I hope one day we can get rid of this AI cheat then there will be a connection.
That's something I didn't know. I guess then it comes from the economical hit and constant small wars that keeps their cavalry count somewhat low?

Then army composition setting either do not exist or is not working. I saw 5 Battanian lords with army composed of 50% cav. You wrote once that they have some setting to keep it around 12% but it seems it's not always working.

As for the lower number of cav after taking horse source it has to be economical impact then.

Last edited:
@mexxico a bit off topic for this thread, but it has to do with how easy it is to snowball as the player faction.

The most glaring issue I found is the simple fact that AI kingdoms will not offer peace to the player kingdom. Unfortunately this results with weak kingdoms being unable to stop the bleeding and being easily destroyed after a few army fights. This means the player only ever has the option for their side of requesting peace which is always at a disadvantage compared to if the other kingdom asks. It also means kingdoms who I think are just trying to renegotiate their peace terms (weak factions declaring on strong player faction) offer themselves up for the slaughtering. Also without the ability to sway lords minds on voting you can easily get stuck in multiple wars because overriding a wanted war can cost close to a thousand influence.

This tread has become my favorite in this forum. A lot of good insightful suggestions and a common goal. Really nice to see the effort people put in their test runs and presentation. And thanks again to @mexxico for taking the suggestions serious and responding with an explanation about the difficulties and dangers of implementing changes.
Lets keep the tread positive, it would be shame if its ruined with the negativity in some of the other treads.

on topic: i find it strange that the tribute for peace is payed until a new war is started. After a long peace the total amount of tribute can be staggering. Could this be a big influence on the kingdom coffers and thereby snowball power? if this is the case could it be set to a fixed total sum or a fixed time. You would not expect people to pay war retribution indefinitely.

They take 1 unit feom each army see if the unit is mounted and what tier it is and thats it
Half, also some tactic perks/party perks will have influence on the outcome. But yeah the rest ist mostly dependent on tier and mounted or not. Where mounted troops have a 20% advance(1.2) but that doesn't count in siege battles(atm)

Edit: heros have a 50% advance(1.5) in siege and field battles atm

Last edited:
They take 1 unit feom each army see if the unit is mounted and what tier it is and thats it
Half, also some tactic perks/party perks will have influence on the outcome. But yeah the rest ist mostly dependent on tier and mounted or not. Where mounted troops have a 20% advance(1.2) but that doesn't count in siege battles(atm)

Edit: heros have a 50% advance(1.5) in siege and field battles atm
Interesting, thanks.

Everyone who has played EVE knows how addictive this game is. People take time off for request just to do battle in EVE and everyone who plays knows these are not just any battles !! I also know that without the right items it can be hard to win a battle, so the best thing you can do when preparing for a battle is to get as many items as possible. I recommend Buy Plex EVE. Plex EVE is an important items and those who don't have Plex EVE regret it later. So if you see that you don't have Plex EVE anymore, you should Buy Plex EVE

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom