Infinity Engine games

Users who are viewing this thread

The only difference infinite stacking makes is that you dont have to go back to town to sell weightless crap like gems and rings, and that you have to buy arrows less often. To me thats a huge plus in a game whose engine causes a lot of tedious walking across already cleared maps already. It's a matter of convenience that I dont think affect gameplay all that much with my tactics.

If I were using an archer-heavy tactic (or playing the heart of fury or whatever its called difficulty in IWD) it would make a difference, but I'm not. Besides I find it a weird concept that a ring or a necklace takes up as much inventory space as a suit of plate armour (which the mod doesnt allow you to stack). The weight restriction (that makes infinitely more sense) is still there.

As for the XP cap remover I can live without it (in practice its just one more level, and the extra XP gets axed when you import to BG2 anyway), but its a bit annoying when your character stops developing in chapter 5, or on the second level of Durlag's tower as happened when I did TotSC. TotSC in particular is a dungeon crawl, and for me the progress of the character through levelling is a big part of the enjoyment in such games:smile:

But as you say, to each his own:smile:

Back
Top Bottom