Infinity Engine games

Users who are viewing this thread

Nah, I meant the audio lines. The few spoken ones, like when you tell your character to go somewhere or speak to someone or right-click them, etc.

Odd, I've never had any problems with those sounds being cut off. They are sorta vague sounding and hard to understand though and can't remember exactly what it is they're saying.

Oh and Llandy, I'm not opposed to that. Though I'd have to reinstall the game and you might have to zip your override folder and send me it, but neither of those things are a problem and only take a few minutes to do.
Thing is we both replayed the game only a few months ago, so I dunno how long we could play without getting bored now. Unless we'd find us a few mods or something of course. Some new NPC maybe, like you tried that Solaufein fellow.
But I'll let you know and prod you.

Pharaoh Llandy said:
Oh and I finally figured out why BG1 took so much longer for me, the first time, than BG2. It's because I spent so long getting pwned by Kobold Commandos at lower levels.  :grin:
Ugh yeah. :sad:
Hate Firewine Bridge ruins so much. Cramped corridors + crappy pathfinding + 500 kobold commandos firing fire arrows at you from every direction = BLARGH.
Got so annoyed by that place and those bloody kobold buggers in my last game that I just skipped it and only killed that ogre mage on the outside and then moved on to kill me some basilisks.

TehGherkin said:
Nah, I meant the audio lines. The few spoken ones, like when you tell your character to go somewhere or speak to someone or right-click them, etc.

1. Turn off any enhanced sound type options in the game
2. Turn off the hardware acceleration on your soundcard

I get problems similar with BG2. Everything has an echo, which is fine in dungeons, but a little strange out on the plains. Irenicus' speeches are a lot less impressive when it sounds like he's delivering them from a toilet

Cheers, will do, can I do the second one in game? When it comes to some things on computers I'm not so literate  :???:

I'll test it out later; OOO 1.3 got released (I woke up at 6 AM, hit my PC's power button, go wash, have breakfast, then come back, go to the site and it was released at 6:01 AM  :grin:)

Worked perfect; thanks.

Anyone know of any good sound sets for BG? My character either sounds whiny, or stupid, and both of them are high-pitched  :neutral:

Here's a golden link: http://modlist.pocketplane.net - a comprehensive list of mods for all the Infinity Engine games out there.

Related links:
pocketplane.net
forums.pocketplane.net
gibberlings3.net
forums.gibberlings3.net

Happy adventuring!

Thanks all, you're great.

Heh, BG feels like it'd be a nightmare to try and solo.

I'm going to try and get hold of BG2, but I'd have to find a good one of those unmentionable things because it's against the rules, or even a bad one would do. Etc.

So, what mods would you all recommend?

I'm loving it so far.

I'm playing a Chaotic Good Half-Elven fighter.

Khalid, Minsc, and I are all plate-armour and helmet (Different helmets each, for aesthetic reasons) clad  smashing their way up front, with Montaron (Expendable, as I dislike him) up front with us, not in plate, chainmail clad with a sword I think.

And I've got Kivan, and Jaheira giving us backup arrows. (And spells in J's case)

We usually rip through most enemies.

Mods for BG1? Errr I dunno, never really used any mods for it. And there aren't all that many mods for it either, at least not when compared to BG2, which has craploads of mods.

Also, think most BG1 mods actually require BG1Tutu, which is a mod that makes BG1 run under BG2.
One such mod that comes to mind is the BG1 NPC Project, a mod that adds a lot more depth and interaction to all the NPCs, which was probably the one and only thing where BG1 was lacking when compared to 2.

Hm.. I'm sure I read somewhere about something converting BG1 to using the BG2 engine or something? Could just be my memory making things up.

But I've BG2 now as well (Currently just sitting there twiddling it's thumbs waiting for me to complete BG1)

TehGherkin said:
Hm.. I'm sure I read somewhere about something converting BG1 to using the BG2 engine or something? Could just be my memory making things up.
Aye, that's the BG1Tutu thing that I mentioned. There's another mod that does the same I believe, but I never tried that one.
Don't really like playing with Tutu all that much either, as it sorta ruins the BG1 feeling for me.

I'd suggest Weimers Ease of use mod for any infinity engine game. Especially the infinite stacking component. Saves on the trips back to sell of crappy gemstones and rings... And an experience cap remover for BG1, as the default cap is ridiculously low (can be reach after about 60% of the game with a six character party!).

BG1Tutu is good in theory, but it lags terribly in some areas. Still its nice to play in higher resolution and with autopause when traps are found...

Personally I don't like either Ease of Use or XP cap removers, because as far as I'm concerned the games were meant and designed to be played without things like infinite stacking and with the XP cap as it is.
But to each their own.

Back
Top Bottom